Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The FBI Raid and the Mar-a-Lago Documents (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=13691)

whell 09-01-2022 01:15 PM

The FBI Raid and the Mar-a-Lago Documents

Given some of the crap I've seen in posts because I've been hesitant to come to a conclusion, I thought I'd put this in its own thread:

I now think I know where the Feds are going, and the law on which they're making a case. And I think they have a case.

It didn't need to go this way, but when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way. And in this case, they found it. Trump didn't help himself, either, with his public statements about the documents and their classified nature.

I do now expect an indictment.

bobabode 09-01-2022 03:14 PM

You should've posted this in Conspiracy Theories, Mike. :rolleyes:

Chicks 09-01-2022 03:37 PM

So, let me see if I have this right:

Donny, a career criminal, steals highly classified documents, many of which could get patriotic people killed, lies to the FBI that he doesn't have them, then gets caught red-handed with them. And now the Feds are the bad guys!?

You're a riot, Whell. :D

Oerets 09-01-2022 04:26 PM

Still waiting for a legal reality based reason the loser of an election would still have government files period.

Especially after repeated request for their return.

whell 09-01-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 410128)
So, let me see if I have this right:

Donny, a career criminal, steals highly classified documents, many of which could get patriotic people killed, lies to the FBI that he doesn't have them, then gets caught red-handed with them. And now the Feds are the bad guys!?

You're a riot, Whell. :D

Kindly point me to the post in this thread where I said “the Feds are the bad guys”.

whell 09-01-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 410131)
Still waiting for a legal reality based reason the loser of an election would still have government files period.

Especially after repeated request for their return.

I agree. Maybe I’m over-complicating this, but I think there’s a missing piece here. The request for a special master is not consistent with someone concerned that the documents are being wrongly retained.

bobabode 09-01-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 410133)
Kindly point me to the post in this thread where I said “the Feds are the bad guys”.

Third paragraph.

Oerets 09-01-2022 04:46 PM

If and when there is a trial any and all of the evidence will be examined for any privilege or any other reasons to throw it out. No need for another step.

I think there will be a few pieces the will be so secret will never be used in a court of law.

Pio1980 09-01-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 410134)
I agree. Maybe I’m over-complicating this, but I think there’s a missing piece here. The request for a special master is not consistent with someone concerned that the documents are being wrongly retained.

The missing piece might be the whistle blower?

init4fun 09-01-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 410123)
......but when the Feds set out to get you, they'll find a way.......

Hi Whell,

So I gotta ask, if Mr. Trump didn't have any top secret documents that he shouldn't have, do you think the Feds still would have set out to get him? And, I might as well also ask, do you think he'll be charged with the alleged attempted overturning of the election, or the alleged enticement of the Jan 6 capitol riot ?