Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dallas Fed Prez calls for the immeadiate break up of TBTF banks (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3788)

wgrr 03-23-2012 01:46 PM

Dallas Fed Prez calls for the immeadiate break up of TBTF banks

Wow, I agree, and when you are done with the banks, break up the Fed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dalla...#ixzz1plgWWQ7l

piece-itpete 03-23-2012 02:39 PM

That's interesting, thanks!

"their combined assets equate to half of our nation’s GDP"

And that's scary :(

Pete

wgrr 03-23-2012 04:37 PM

Thats what I thought as well. Very scary.

merrylander 03-24-2012 07:49 AM

Remember your history and what happened when Jackson killed the central bank.

Bigerik 03-24-2012 08:30 AM

Good read. Scary stuff indeed.

BlueStreak 03-24-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 95283)
Remember your history and what happened when Jackson killed the central bank.

Why don't you post the story in the "History" forum? Refresh our memories.

Dave

Bigerik 03-24-2012 09:06 AM

Then again, with strong, effective regulation, it wouldn't be a problem. Our big 5 banks own even a bigger percentage of the market than yours do, but we didn't lose any of them in the meltdown.

merrylander 03-24-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 95298)
Then again, with strong, effective regulation, it wouldn't be a problem. Our big 5 banks own even a bigger percentage of the market than yours do, but we didn't lose any of them in the meltdown.

And they are so much friendlier to deal with than here. RBC deposite a check of mine in the wrong account. When so informed they quickly found the error put the funds in my account along with an extra $100 as an apology.

Recently Amex lost one of my checks and advised me to put a stop payment on it. They credited my Amex card with $40 for the stop payment, RBC only charged me $10.:p

They operate down here as well, The TD in TD Ameritrade stands for Toronto Dominion.

Charles 03-24-2012 09:46 AM

“Capital must protect itself in every possible way, both by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through the process of law, the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers. These truths are well known among our principal men who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance. It is thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished.”
— Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank Of England

addressing the United States Bankers' Association, NYC 1924

Guess that's one way to skin the cat.

Chas

BlueStreak 03-24-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 95302)
“Capital must protect itself in every possible way, both by combination and legislation. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through the process of law, the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers. These truths are well known among our principal men who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance. It is thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished.”
— Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank Of England

addressing the United States Bankers' Association, NYC 1924

Guess that's one way to skin the cat.

Chas

Really? So allowing financial decline to occur places the well-heeled in a position to exploit the plight of the masses? (LET IT FAIL!:rolleyes:) Couple this with the constant barrage of silly diversionary tactics, such as "Rescuing American Families" or "Preserving Marriage" for instance, and you have the recipe for establishing unhindered top down rule?

I wholeheartedly agree.

The Corporatocracy never did like having to answer to anyone. Still doesn't.

Dave