Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   WARNING RE: Offensive posts (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7618)

CarlV 06-18-2014 02:40 PM

Yes, way scary indeed. I still feel pretty weak overall and I am waiting for the people to call for a cat scan I guess it is. The surgeon says the 3 stents he put in stay in place but the aorta can move sometimes.

Carl

CarlV 06-18-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 225470)
Wanker.

Pete

Clevelander!

Carl

piece-itpete 06-18-2014 02:45 PM

Ouch!

:D

Pete

bobabode 06-18-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlV (Post 225475)
Clevelander tosspot!

Carl

;)Fixed that for ya Carl. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

merrylander 06-18-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlV (Post 225253)
I thought Grumpy started PC. Grumpy is not a leftie in any sense of the term.

Carl

I have no idea what Dave or Nancy's political leanings are. I do know that they are two darn fine people.

Charles 08-01-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 222101)
Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts.

We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them.

This has been a topic of serious discussion among the moderators and the management.

Regards,

D-Ray

You know, Don, this is really a sad situation.

You would think that we, as the chosen few, could manage to elevate our rhetoric beyond the level of a 2nd grader.

Guess not.

Personally, the profanity has never bothered me, but the mentality of attacking one's intelligence, or one's station in life over a simple political disagreement certainly has. Perhaps this is a result of being unable to differentiate between a hypothesis and a conclusion.

Anyway, this is not a game adults play.

Chas

Charles 08-01-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 225401)
If you like I can call you some names :D

Pete

So long as they're dirty, and you beat me with a feather duster...I'm game!!!

Chas

donquixote99 08-01-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 234173)
Perhaps this is a result of being unable to differentiate between a hypothesis and a conclusion.
Chas

It's not due to any inability. It's a manifestation of the emotions. Some people enjoy kicking others around.

Rajoo 08-01-2014 06:12 PM

Simple logic, if you are wrong then I am right. So if you are full of shit, then you are always wrong.

d-ray657 08-01-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 234173)
You know, Don, this is really a sad situation.

You would think that we, as the chosen few, could manage to elevate our rhetoric beyond the level of a 2nd grader.

Guess not.

Personally, the profanity has never bothered me, but the mentality of attacking one's intelligence, or one's station in life over a simple political disagreement certainly has. Perhaps this is a result of being unable to differentiate between a hypothesis and a conclusion.

Anyway, this is not a game adults play.

Chas

Agreed that it is sad. I know the comment about the chosen few was tongue in cheek, but if you look at us we are really the outcasts. We engage here in the conversations that are forbidden at AK. In any event, I thought that we could be governed by the concept that this is a marketplace of ideas, but it hard to have a market when there are some who insist on knocking over the apple cart.

By the way, glad to see you poking you head in every once in a while.

Regards,

D-Ray