Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hello Again.. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10609)

flacaltenn 05-17-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 314799)
It's more a matter of attitude than anything, I'd say.

I'm here to learn and improve my understanding of issues and other opinions. AND -- because I actually missed the group of regulars here..

nailer 05-17-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314875)
It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..

A buddy calls this tyranny American Fascism. That descriptor works for me.

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.

donquixote99 05-17-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314876)
I'm here to learn and improve my understanding of issues and other opinions. AND -- because I actually missed the group of regulars here..

welcome back :)

Boreas 05-17-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314875)
It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..

Pretty hard to take you guys seriously after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ug...?v=W1ugtes7ZYA

Boreas 05-17-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 314877)

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.

Tyrants like Fred Koch, former Libertarian vice presidential candidate.

flacaltenn 05-17-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 314877)

It's become abundantly clear that only 4 people actually RUN Congress. You cannot requisition a pencil or take a pee without those 4 party bosses. They control the dialogue, the legislation, the funding and and assignments. Cross them and you will be working out of a broom closet and facing a FUNDED competitor in your next re-election bid..

I believe the 2 parties are well capable of working for THEMSELVES. and they have a very low opinion of voters.

flacaltenn 05-17-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 314879)
Pretty hard to take you guys seriously after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ug...?v=W1ugtes7ZYA

Well Kuddos to RT news for doing that. Not sure why only 3 MINOR candidates were chosen for that debate -- but it points out that we have a robust CHOICE of candidates (about 12 if I remember). .

If you actually sat thru 2 hours of MINOR candidates -- imagine how much better it would be if simply watched the 2 debates that Stossel hosted for the 3 FRONT-RUNNING Lib candidates. Nobody has the support that Gary Johnson has - and he will likely be our nominee again this year..

donquixote99 05-17-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314887)
It's become abundantly clear that only 4 people actually RUN Congress. You cannot requisition a pencil or take a pee without those 4 party bosses. They control the dialogue, the legislation, the funding and and assignments. Cross them and you will be working out of a broom closet and facing a FUNDED competitor in your next re-election bid..

I believe the 2 parties are well capable of working for THEMSELVES. and they have a very low opinion of voters.

Ted Cruz

Freedom Caucus

Boreas 05-17-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacaltenn (Post 314888)
Well Kuddos to RT news for doing that. Not sure why only 3 MINOR candidates were chosen for that debate -- but it points out that we have a robust CHOICE of candidates (about 12 if I remember). .

If you actually sat thru 2 hours of MINOR candidates -- imagine how much better it would be if simply watched the 2 debates that Stossel hosted for the 3 FRONT-RUNNING Lib candidates. Nobody has the support that Gary Johnson has - and he will likely be our nominee again this year..

I did. Watched it live on its original air date. Three remarkably uninspiring choices. Johnson has been around long enough to be on the radar of anyone with sufficient interest and, again, through RT where they're frequent contributors, I've become familiar with McAfee and Petersen. Not impressed.

flacaltenn 05-17-2016 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 314896)
I did. Watched it live on its original air date. Three remarkably uninspiring choices. Johnson has been around long enough to be on the radar of anyone with sufficient interest and, again, through RT where they're frequent contributors, I've become familiar with McAfee and Petersen. Not impressed.

Macaffee is a certified head case. Never should be quarterbacking the nuclear football. Don't think he actually knows how he moved to Guatemala or whatever. Too much weed or some darn thing. The Peterson guy is too desperate. Too much ideology and not enough realism.

And Johnson is working on his lack of charisma. I hear Rue Paul is coaching him on having some "flair and fizz" :rolleyes: