Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What are some of your favorite Quotes (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6533)

one1 12-03-2013 10:44 AM

What are some of your favorite Quotes

here is one of mine.

"It is better to open your eyes and say you don't understand, than to close your eyes and say you don't believe."

donquixote99 12-03-2013 11:08 AM

My latest favorites are this set:
Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.

They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience.

It is not the clear-sighted who lead the world. Great achievements are accomplished in a blessed, warm mental fog.
All from Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski, 1857-1924, well-known for the books published under the name 'Joseph Conrad.'

www.qotd.org

one1 12-03-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 182016)
My latest favorites are this set:
Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.

They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience.

It is not the clear-sighted who lead the world. Great achievements are accomplished in a blessed, warm mental fog.
All from Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski, 1857-1924, well-known for the books published under the name 'Joseph Conrad.'

www.qotd.org

I like those!!!!

MrPots 12-03-2013 03:44 PM

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

Lucille Ball

one1 12-03-2013 03:54 PM

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

one1 12-03-2013 04:04 PM

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.
Red Cloud

Dondilion 12-03-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one1 (Post 182042)
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

I hoped that he had believed that.

one1 12-04-2013 06:09 AM

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
Red Adair

one1 12-04-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 182048)
I hoped that he had believed that.

I am sure he did,Look at some of the good he did,I think it will out weigh the bad.He was who he was and he stood by it.

one1 12-04-2013 06:21 AM

Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.
Paris Hilton

Now thats a real woman!!!