Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   The Auto industry (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Chevy Volt (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=4871)

Bigerik 10-26-2012 07:57 AM

Chevy Volt

I was going to add something after the name, but that in of itself is polarizing enough.

It just drives me crazy how the GOP has turned a huge success for America and American industry, and all the Yankee ingenuity stuff that y'all used to be so proud of, into a negative. It works, and it is brilliant. It was designed before GM got into all of the crap they found themselves in. It is NOT a government motors project. It was not designed by Obama and his buddies.

Yes, it is expensive, compared to an economy car. Not so much compared to the less advanced BMW 3 series, for instance. No, it has not set sales records, nor was it meant to. Like the Prius (which had Japanese government support while being developed) and the Insight, it will lose money for it's manufacturer for the first years. New technology, especially advanced technology will do that.

There used to be a time when Americans would have been almost nauseating in their praise of a product like the Volt. We would have heard nothing but how great it is and people would have felt patriotic just buying it.

Now, however, the GOP has decided that they would rather trash an American product to gain political points then support American jobs, engineering and American manufacturing. Disgusting and pathetic.

THIS is why America will collapse.

Bigerik 10-26-2012 07:58 AM

BTW, I have driven the Volt many times, studied it, spoken with the engineers who designed it, and I am still blown away by how great this car is.

whell 10-26-2012 08:37 AM

It is a great car. It's a great piece of engineering. It has been in development for years before Obama took office. It is surrounded by a great product development and support team.

...and yet the market economics for the vehicle are all wrong.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88904J20120910

piece-itpete 10-26-2012 09:21 AM

It's the GOPs fault whell - get with the program!

Pete

JBS... 10-26-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigerik (Post 130346)

Yes, it is expensive, compared to an economy car. Not so much compared to the less advanced BMW 3 series, for instance. No, it has not set sales records, nor was it meant to. Like the Prius (which had Japanese government support while being developed) and the Insight, it will lose money for it's manufacturer for the first years. New technology, especially advanced technology will do that.

I totally agree :)

Me personally, I’m just waiting for a 4 wheel drive pickup version that comes with the standard GOP gun rack option before I buy..

JJIII 10-26-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBS... (Post 130402)

Me personally, I’m just waiting for a 4 wheel drive pickup version that comes with the standard GOP gun rack option before I buy..

Now you're talking!:D

Boreas 10-26-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBS... (Post 130402)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJIII (Post 130412)
Now you're talking!:D

Don't forget the bed cover with the Stars & Bars on it.

John

bobabode 10-26-2012 11:46 AM

Neocon republicant luddites, unite! and march off the nearest cliff. Do it fer Amurikkka.:rolleyes:;)

bobabode 10-26-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 130415)
Neocon republicant luddites, unite! and march off the nearest cliff. Do it fer Amurikkka.:rolleyes:;)

No sense of humor left on the right?:confused:

piece-itpete 10-26-2012 12:33 PM

Oh yeah leftie, pretend you didn't mean it :mad:

:D

Pete