Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I'm Black and 'Well-Behaved,' but I'm Still Mike Brown (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=8065)

Zeke 08-21-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 238807)
LBJ's Great American Society was in part an act of contrition.

No doubt.

White Guilt on a national level. :(

djv8ga 08-21-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 238802)
Mike Brown is not the poster figure for this battle, he's an embarrassment to those who work to better themselves and leave a better community for their fellow citizens. It's those that deserve respect and a defense when the system wrongs them and other ordinary people, not someone one has to excuse when his halo turns out to be ill fitting stolen righteousness.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Awesome post. :cool:

Zeke 08-21-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 238806)
Well put Steve.

I'm baffled as to why the streets of Ferguson didn't empty completely the moment that video of Mike Brown robbing the liquor store came out.

Mob entitlement and rage, as discussed.

They don't care what Brown did, the looters believe they're owed something. :rolleyes:

Tom Joad 08-21-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 238809)
It's pretty much the same as being any other racially and ethnically different minority in a land where white folks pretend to be benevolent for "listening to you" but -- in actuality -- have their heads lodged in the posteriors, are desperately trying to solve their white guilt under the guise of understanding, and spend their time in post state worker retirement trying to rationalize asocial behavior via the idea that a subjective social understanding will lead to objective condoning of deviant behavior. :rolleyes:

1. Call it deviant.
2. Reject it.
3. It's social, not racial.
4. I see right through you.

Hilarious.

You're not listening to "black people," you're listening to people who "say they're Mike Brown."

You're the worst promoter of racism and stereotypes, doing it under the guise of goodwill...

So I take it you're a black man Zeke?

Tom Joad 08-21-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 238808)
I think the blonde knows pretty well what it's like to be black,

:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlA35y0bGQc

Tom Joad 08-21-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 238796)
Isn't he from Little Cuba?

Now that you mention it, we did have a lot of Hispanics in Florida.

I don't see that so much in here in Mobile.

nailer 08-21-2014 12:14 PM

Oh mama can this really be the end
To be stuck inside of Mobile with those Memphis blues again

djv8ga 08-21-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 238826)
I don't see that so much in here in Mobile.

Any plans to go to Talladega Raceway?
I would love to see a Cup race there.

Zeke 08-21-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 238823)
So I take it you're a black man Zeke?

Nice -- lame -- attempt to redirect a post that publicly kicked your ass. :D

piece-itpete 08-21-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 238808)
I think the blonde knows pretty well what it's like to be black, after almost 20 years of teaching on the west side of Chicago. And there's proof. We were at a faculty Christmas party one year...and I'll tell ya, those teachers really let loose. Anyway, the blonde was needling her black girlfriend colleague unrelentingly and mercilessly all night over some girlfriend shit I couldn't understand. Finally, Barbara had enough, spun around, got right in the blonde's face and screamed, "Will you shut the fuck up, nigger!!!"

Without question the most powerful total blurring of racial lines that I had ever experienced.

Just another story for the book, eh Pete?

Yep :) Proves she was accepted for sure!

When I was in the hood it was 'my nigga', or my nig for short. I was my nig, you were my nig, anyone you knew and didn't hate was my nig. All youalls are my nigs :D

Pete