Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How many votes has Trump lost the last two weeks? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10666)

nailer 06-06-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 317312)
The Donald's supporters have been fighting back against accusation of Trump's racism and then he comes out and validates it. I guess they chose to ignore his statements about David Duke and the Klan.

Lot's of Americans are unable to see the racist they see everyday in the mirror.

nailer 06-06-2016 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 317306)
another interesting note is that women, older affluent women, were talking about Hill and how they could not respect a women who put up with Bill and all his affairs over the years. This surprised me. These were Bush republicans who identify and have a crush on Laura Bush.

Laura Bush is a lady. She is also very attractive. And Republican. Why the surprise?

whell 06-06-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 317318)
They need to be expanded to take up the slack due to the decimation of defined benefit pensions perpetrated by the private sector.

While I don't disagree that the decline of defined benefit plans complicate the scenario of retirement funding, I don't agree that SS is THE only solution.

The current SS system has been looted by the Fed Gov't already to the tune of a $2.7 trillion Special Issues of the Treasury. The gov't willingness and ability to repay that "IOU" is suspect. I would not want to put any additional funds in the hands of the current case of criminals and idiots if Congress where it would be subject to similar raids.

Tom Joad 06-06-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 317321)
Laura Bush is a lady. She is also very attractive. And Republican. Why the surprise?

She was pretty cute back in High School:

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...de9c0.jpeg.jpg

When she killed that Dude.

http://www.rawstory.com/2010/04/laur...friends-death/

nailer 06-06-2016 09:23 AM

Bush women are scary.

Tom Joad 06-06-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 317322)
While I don't disagree that the decline of defined benefit plans complicate the scenario of retirement funding, I don't agree that SS is THE only solution.

There is no other solution.

401K's and similar plans do not cut the mustard for middle and lower income people.

And the private sector has made it clear that they want disposable employees that they can discard when they are no longer useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 317322)

The current SS system has been looted by the Fed Gov't already to the tune of a $2.7 trillion Special Issues of the Treasury. The gov't willingness and ability to repay that "IOU" is suspect. I would not want to put any additional funds in the hands of the current case of criminals and idiots if Congress where it would be subject to similar raids.

They raided that money and then in turn gave tax cuts to the uber rich.

So if you are looking for the money that was taken, just go to those secret offshore accounts. That's where it resides. The answer is to take back was was stolen via higher taxes on the rich.

nailer 06-06-2016 09:44 AM

The private sector will always want disposable employees whenever a surplus of labor exists.

Even if income taxes hadn't been cut Congress would have spent all the money and then some.

Tom Joad 06-06-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 317329)
The private sector will always want disposable employees whenever a surplus of labor exists.

They always want them.

When there is a surplus of labor they are easier to get. And when the gettin's good, like it is now, they go for it to the max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 317329)
Even if income taxes hadn't been cut Congress would have spent all the money and then some.

Could be. I still trust government to take care of the people more than I do the private sector.

BlueStreak 06-06-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 317320)
Lot's of Americans are unable to see the racist they see everyday in the mirror.

Nobody wants to know the truth about themselves, it's too depressing. We all want to believe we are good, but we all have demons. The difference is that some of us struggle against our demons and some hold on to them and try to hide them from the world or worse, try to justify them.

Evil cannot stand the light of day.

I've never liked Trump, I've always believed he is a scam artist, a manipulator, big tent preacher and colossal egomaniac.

How many times have I said it? These people cannot keep it bottled up forever. Sooner or later it becomes undeniable. Just a matter of time.

barbara 06-06-2016 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=whell;317314]Trump has already stated that cuts to SS are off the table...

Doesn't really matter what Trump says..... Tomorrow he will say something different and the day after, something different again.