Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   More WaPo Fake News (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11483)

whell 02-17-2017 09:41 AM

More WaPo Fake News

WaPo really wants to push the notion that the recent ICE raids were because of Trump's EO and making good on campaign promises. Witness just a few samples:

Immigrant community on high alert, fearing Trump’s ‘deportation force’

Is fear the Trump administration’s immigration enforcement goal?

And get this: they even got AP to "fact check" their story!

Problem is, it ain't true. ICE took to the internet to call these reports "dangerous and irresponsible", which, of course, is not new territory for WaPo. Further, ICE states: "These reports create mass panic and put communities and law enforcement personnel in unnecessary danger." ICE claims these are part of planned enforcement activities no different that what occurred under Obama.

Nice job WaPo, the "gold standard" for fake news. :rolleyes:

finnbow 02-17-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348205)
WaPo really wants to push the notion that the recent ICE raids were because of Trump's EO and making good on campaign promises. Witness just a few samples:

Immigrant community on high alert, fearing Trump’s ‘deportation force’

Is fear the Trump administration’s immigration enforcement goal?

And get this: they even got AP to "fact check" their story!

Problem is, it ain't true. ICE took to the internet to call these reports "dangerous and irresponsible", which, of course, is not new territory for WaPo. Further, ICE states: "These reports create mass panic and put communities and law enforcement personnel in unnecessary danger." ICE claims these are part of planned enforcement activities no different that what occurred under Obama.

Nice job WaPo, the "gold standard" for fake news. :rolleyes:

Trump himself claimed that the increased deportations were his own doing. It is not the WashPost creating "mass panic and put communities and law enforcement personnel in unnecessary danger." It's der Trumpenfuhrer and his merry henchmen. Then there's this:

(AP) -- The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ation-roundups

You still seem to have no concept of what fake news. Fake news is the myriad lies spewing from your Trumpenfuhrer's mouth yesterday, snowflake.

nailer 02-17-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348210)
Trump himself claimed that the increased deportations were his own doing. It is not the WashPost creating "mass panic and put communities and law enforcement personnel in unnecessary danger." It's der Trumpenfuhrer and his merry henchmen. Then there's this:

(AP) -- The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

You still seem to have no concept of what fake news. Fake news is the myriad lies spewing from your Trumpenfuhrer's mouth yesterday, snowflake.

Ignorance and fear have always been and will forever remain an extermely effective means to acquire, expand and retain power.

Rajoo 02-17-2017 11:15 AM

Liberals blamed Fox News, now the Publcians blame WaPo. Just a game. But sometimes, fake news is real.

Quote:

Five days after taking office, he signed a sweeping executive order that made clear that just about any immigrant living in the country illegally could be a priority for deportation, particularly those with outstanding deportation orders.
Quote:

Despite the claims that this is business as usual, an indication of the changed tactics came earlier in the week when Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly testified before Congress. He told lawmakers that immigration agents expressed frustration at not being fully allowed to enforce immigration laws under the Obama administration. He predicted Trump’s directives would end that frustration.

“I think their morale has suffered because of the job they were hired to do, and then in their sense, they’re … kind of hobbled or, you know, hands tied behind their back, that kind of thing,” Kelly told the House Homeland Security Committee. “And now, they feel more positive about things. I bet if you watch the morale issue, you’ll … be surprised going forward.”
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/13...ds-fact-check/

whell 02-17-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Strike two - the admin just denied that the Trump admin is considering the National Guard thing. That's the 2nd fake news item today!

Thanks for pointing out how sloppy the media is.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/trump-ad...grants/8947482

whell 02-17-2017 11:24 AM

The issue appears to be that the media is simply lazy about sourcing. Used to be that they'd at least call someone and ask "Hey, we're going to run with this story. Do you want to go on record before we do?" The AP apparently didn't bother with that when they ran with the "national guard" story.

barbara 02-17-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348232)
Strike two - the admin just denied that the Trump admin is considering the National Guard thing. That's the 2nd fake news item today!

Thanks for pointing out how sloppy the media is.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/trump-ad...grants/8947482

The administration has no more credibility than Trump.

We won't know if this is fake news or not until some action is taken... Or not.

whell 02-17-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

You're the one in full melt-down mode, but I'm the "snowflake"? LOL! You really have completely lost your mind.

Rajoo 02-17-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348234)
The issue appears to be that the media is simply lazy about sourcing. Used to be that they'd at least call someone and ask "Hey, we're going to run with this story. Do you want to go on record before we do?" The AP apparently didn't bother with that when they ran with the "national guard" story.

Agreed but times have changed due to the internet. Media organizations need to post breaking news in a hurry and vetting usually follows. This also allows for propagation of fake news.

Tom Joad 02-17-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

The issue appears to be that the media is simply lazy about sourcing.

Lazy!?:rolleyes:

There's nothing lazy about this.

These people are working their asses off trying to take down Trump.

They are in full scale balls to the wall character assassination mode.

They don't give a shit about truth or objectivity.

finnbow 02-17-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Sean Spicer is more credible than the Associated Press? I guess that rambling clusterf*ck of a press conference had its desired affect on you and other in Trump's gullible base - real news is fake and Trump's lies are true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348236)
You're the one in full melt-down mode, but I'm the "snowflake"? LOL! You really have completely lost your mind.

If you can appropriate the term "fake news," I can appropriate "snowflake," snowflake. You melt down when you read real news items unfavorable to your dear Trumpenfuhrer. Get used to it, snowflake. It's going to continue.

merrylander 02-17-2017 01:19 PM

Trump does not have any character to assassinate.

whell 02-17-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348247)
If you can appropriate the term "fake news," I can appropriate "snowflake," snowflake. You melt down when you read real news items unfavorable to your dear Trumpenfuhrer. Get used to it, snowflake. It's going to continue.

Uhhhh.....OK. :rolleyes:

By the way, I haven't melted down yet. I've lived though news about goofy wars, interns below president's desks, shovel - ready jobs that didn't exist, liking my healthcare but not being able to keep it, Clinton whoppers of the day each and every day, etc, and I'm still smiling and not dropping F-bombs on internet chat boards.

So, yeah, I'm just fine. Wish you could say the same. :p

whell 02-17-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348247)
Sean Spicer is more credible than the Associated Press?

Its not like it would require a quantum leap for anyone or anything to be more credible than the AP. My 11 year olds are probably more credible than the AP.

finnbow 02-17-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348262)
Its not like it would require a quantum leap for anyone or anything to be more credible than the AP. My 11 year olds are probably more credible than the AP.

As I said, der Trumpenfuhrer's press conference worked on you just as planned. You now believe incorrigible liars such as Trump, Spicer, and Conway more readily than fact-based journalism. Congratulations, your indoctrination is complete. You should be very proud.:rolleyes:

CarlV 02-17-2017 04:48 PM

I think that fine Michigan leaded water is taking effect of whell.

Carl

whell 02-17-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348282)
As I said, der Trumpenfuhrer's press conference worked on you just as planned. You now believe incorrigible liars such as Trump, Spicer, and Conway more readily than fact-based journalism. Congratulations, your indoctrination is complete. You should be very proud.:rolleyes:

Well, that's one opinion. Not that it matters, but its an opinion. A spacey, hysteria - inspired opinion from someone who's lost his mind, but its an opinion. :rolleyes:

d-ray657 02-17-2017 05:27 PM

It appears that this forum has been inundated by fake posts by shills for their Dear Leader.

Tom Joad 02-17-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 348298)
It appears that this forum has been inundated by fake posts by shills for their Dear Leader.

You label anyone that doesn't agree with you as a troll. :rolleyes:

finnbow 02-17-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348294)
Well, that's one opinion. Not that it matters, but its an opinion. A spacey, hysteria - inspired opinion from someone who's lost his mind, but its an opinion. :rolleyes:

You said it yourself. You'd prefer to get the news through the eyes of an 11 year old rather than the AP. No wonder you like Trump. He speaks to you like you're a 4th grader.

Tom Joad 02-17-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348282)
As I said, der Trumpenfuhrer's press conference worked on you just as planned.

By the time that press conference was over I was ready to wade into a big crowd of anti-Trumpers and commence to whoopin some ass.

But alas, big crowds of anti-Trumpers are as scarce as hen's teeth around these parts. :)

finnbow 02-17-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 348310)
By the time that press conference was over I was ready to wade into a big crowd of anti-Trumpers and commence to whoopin some ass.

But alas, big crowds of anti-Trumpers are as scarce as hen's teeth around these parts. :)

Indeed, lots of rubes doesn't make for enlightened thinking.:cool:

d-ray657 02-17-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 348304)
You label anyone that doesn't agree with you as a troll. :rolleyes:

Don't you know the difference between a troll and a shill.

I do believe that we have a person here who brags about his trolling. That would be you, wouldn't it.

nailer 02-17-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 348354)

I do believe that we have a person here who brags about his trolling. That would be you, wouldn't it.

There's no need to believe it. TJ readily admits it and regularly demonstrates it. So you in fact know it. Which makes you're closing question a bit petty. :)

bobabode 02-17-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 348310)

Get real, Skeeter. Like most Trumpy bumpkins you've got delusions of grandeur, old man. My money would be on the bull dyke protester whuppin' your tired old white ass before she turns you over to the police, trussed up like a Christmas goose.

That's a YouTube video I'd pay good money to see. ;)

d-ray657 02-17-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 348356)
There's no need to believe it. TJ readily admits it and regularly demonstrates it. So you in fact know it. Which makes you're closing question a bit petty. :)

You seem to have a penchant for defending the indefensible.

In any event, highlighting TJ's hypocrisy seems like a mild response to his trolling, which is rightly considered anti-social behavior on public forums.

nailer 02-17-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 348358)
You seem to have a penchant for defending the indefensible.

In any event, highlighting TJ's hypocrisy seems like a mild response to his trolling, which is rightly considered anti-social behavior on public forums.

And you have a penchant of chastising me for things I don't do. :) In addition, just because you perceive something as indefensible doesn't make it so. Isn't presenting arguments about what is defensible/indefensible a reason why the docket is full of cases?

How did my post defend TJ's behavior? I pointed out that he is a self confessed troll is all, a factual statement and the truth. People who's political side you are on also display antisocial behavior on this form, yet you don't chastise them. Isn't that hypocritical?

How is trolling and admitting to being a troll hypocritical?

I look forward to your response. Just as I'm looking forward to your answer to my question regarding Ted Knight and Frank Burns. Remember that chastisement. Oh the persecution. :D

Is that enough words for you, counselor?

whell 02-18-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348309)
You said it yourself. You'd prefer to get the news through the eyes of an 11 year old rather than the AP. No wonder you like Trump. He speaks to you like you're a 4th grader.

No, that's not what I said. Like WaPo, you can't even quote someone correctly.

whell 02-18-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 348357)
Get real, Skeeter. Like most Trumpy bumpkins you've got delusions of grandeur, old man. My money would be on the bull dyke protester whuppin' your tired old white ass before she turns you over to the police.....)

Really? Hillary's going to beat him up?

bobabode 02-18-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348361)
Really? Hillary's going to beat him up?

Awww, look at you trying to be funny. :rolleyes:

donquixote99 02-18-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 348356)

Only to people who don't mind trolling. That would be you, wouldn't it?

JJIII 02-18-2017 06:52 AM

Sounds like trolls are multiplying faster than bunnies around here.��

finnbow 02-18-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348360)

Quote:

My 11 year olds are probably more credible than the AP.
You're welcome.

whell 02-18-2017 08:13 AM

I said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348262)

You said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348309)
You said it yourself. You'd prefer to get the news through the eyes of an 11 year old rather than the AP. .[/URL]

To which I replied:

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 348360)

...which is correct. First, it was ironic humor. Second, it was not a statement that "I get my news from my kids." So, not only can you not get a quote correct, you doubled down on your misquote. You're getting more like WaPo all the time.

You're welcome.

Tom Joad 02-18-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 348354)

I am well aware of what a shill is, as this forum is replete with them.

There are only a few individuals here that are capable of thinking for themselves and I will not name them as I fear that by associating them with myself in that manner would make them targets of the thought police.

Oh, and by the way d-ray.

I know what you're trying to do.;)

donquixote99 02-18-2017 08:32 AM

Thought police. Sure.

Always dodge, always make excuses.

Tom Joad 02-18-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 348359)

D-ray is a counselor?

I'll have to remember that.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU4MUub9aGg

nailer 02-18-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 348370)
You're welcome.

And you just supported whell's point. :cool:

d-ray657 02-18-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 348359)
And you have a penchant of chastising me for things I don't do. :) In addition, just because you perceive something as indefensible doesn't make it so. Isn't presenting arguments about what is defensible/indefensible a reason why the docket is full of cases?

How did my post defend TJ's behavior? I pointed out that he is a self confessed troll is all, a factual statement and the truth. People who's political side you are on also display antisocial behavior on this form, yet you don't chastise them. Isn't that hypocritical?

How is trolling and admitting to being a troll hypocritical?

I look forward to your response. Just as I'm looking forward to your answer to my question regarding Ted Knight and Frank Burns. Remember that chastisement. Oh the persecution. :D

You have a point. I have been motivated to bring out the worst in myself here. Accordingly, I shall retire. Everyone, please respond to Grumpy's invitation to apply for the moderator position. I no longer wish to be a part of what this has become.

nailer 02-18-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 348384)
You have a point. I have been motivated to bring out the worst in myself here. Accordingly, I shall retire. Everyone, please respond to Grumpy's invitation to apply for the moderator position. I no longer wish to be a part of what this has become.

If you're not enjoying your time here and it's generating negative feelings and reactions, I think you're decision is a good one.

FWIW, I have found you're political opinions to be well thought out and presented. Evidence of a rational mind. Your not making personal attacks on those you disagree with says much about who you are.