Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A Funny Thing Happened In Hollywood Today, 'The Interview' Got Axed. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=8492)

bobabode 12-17-2014 08:07 PM

A Funny Thing Happened In Hollywood Today, 'The Interview' Got Axed.

Sony Pictures bowed to pressure from North Korea and pulled 'The Interview' from it's scheduled release. These type of flicks aren't my cuppa tea but sheesh, c'mon Sony - grow a backbone. It's just friggin' satire. :confused:

Sony is and should be getting a huge black eye over this decision to shelve a satirical and goofball flick. I'll bet their Twitter account is all a'twitter over this from the younger set.

Ok, off my soapbox. :rolleyes:

finnbow 12-17-2014 08:14 PM

Being a Japanese company, Sony is probably is bit more sensitive to the notion that N. Korea will do something stupid that'll harm Japan. That said, the whole mess is ludicrous and amusing.

ZeroJunk 12-17-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 252912)
Sony Pictures bowed to pressure from North Korea and pulled 'The Interview' from it's scheduled release. These type of flicks aren't my cuppa tea but sheesh, c'mon Sony - grow a backbone. It's just friggin' satire. :confused:

Sony is and should be getting a huge black eye over this decision to shelve a satirical and goofball flick. I'll bet their Twitter account is all a'twitter over this from the younger set.

Ok, off my soapbox. :rolleyes:

So, you think Sony should have gone ahead with it is spite of threats to make 9/11 type attacks on theatres showing it ?

Is it worth one moron killing one movie goer.

Idiot.

bobabode 12-17-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 252919)
So, you think Sony should have gone ahead with it is spite of threats to make 9/11 type attacks on theatres showing it ?

Is it worth one moron killing one movie goer.

Idiot.

You're such a Drama queen...^ :rolleyes: Get a fainting couch.

ZeroJunk 12-17-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 252921)
You're such a Drama queen...^ :rolleyes: Get a fainting couch.

It is hard to believe that this forum never has but a handful of participants when the genius of Bob's 21,000 posts are here for posterity.

bobabode 12-17-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 252929)
It is hard to believe that this forum never has but a handful of participants when the genius of Bob's 21,000 posts are here for posterity.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself, my friend :).

I suggest you turn off the 'puter and pour yourself a Mai Tai or a Cuba Libre or something mang.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having a sissified Mint Julep right now.:D

Wasillaguy 12-18-2014 10:51 AM

Why isn't the administration making lots of public announcements about how they denounce the film? I guess it's not as much fun when it's reality rather than a cover up.

Boreas 12-18-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 253005)
Why isn't the administration making lots of public announcements about how they denounce the film? I guess it's not as much fun when it's reality rather than a cover up.

My god! You trogs will latch onto anything to trash that darkie in the White House! Grow up!

John

ZeroJunk 12-18-2014 11:40 AM

I'm just wondering what Bob thought they were supposed to do ?

Run it in spite of the threats and if a theatre got blown up say Oops.

bobabode 12-18-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 253021)
I'm just wondering what Bob thought they were supposed to do ?

Run it in spite of the threats and if a theatre got blown up say Oops.

I'm wondering, when did conservatives become such lily livered pussies, eh Zero? Do you really want to allow Lil' Kim and the Hermit Kingdom run a cyber attack on a US/Japanese corporation and threaten Americans in movie theaters? :confused: