Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Trump to name ScoTUS appointment pool in advance (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10560)

noonereal 05-07-2016 06:21 AM

Trump to name ScoTUS appointment pool in advance

Trump is doing something I think we all need to applaud. He will be releasing a list of potential SCOTUS appointments.

This will likely decide if I vote for him or not. This also makes Hillary look like more of an unknown.

Once again, like him or not, this is another brilliant piece of political innovation from Trump.

donquixote99 05-07-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 313330)
Trump is doing something I think we all need to applaud. He will be releasing a list of potential SCOTUS appointments.

This will likely decide if I vote for him or not. This also makes Hillary look like more of an unknown.

Once again, like him or not, this is another brilliant piece of political innovation from Trump.

I would never say that Trump isn't great at marketing. It will be a beautiful list. He'll have great names, the best names.

I have two words for you: 'bait and switch.'

68custom 05-07-2016 08:45 AM

Is Rove on board at Drumph manor?

Boreas 05-07-2016 09:04 AM

Naming them in advance affords the opposition with all the timr they need go do their opposition research.

nailer 05-07-2016 09:20 AM

Will it include names for the elitist media to attack (deflecting direct attacks from Trump while giving him more ammo), and names to calm independents' and swingable Democrats' qualms?

Rajoo 05-07-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 313366)
Will it include names for the elitist media to attack (deflecting direct attacks from Trump while giving him more ammo), and names to calm independents' and swingable Democrats' qualms?

I see this as an attempt to blunt Hillary's appeal to the Democrats opposed to her and not sure how this will play. The media sure will have a feeding frenzy.

finnbow 05-07-2016 10:23 AM

This ploy is necessary because conservatives are uncertain about Trump's conservative bona fides and whether he may, in fact, pick somebody reasonable or even left-leaning (like his sister, a judge) to the bench.

nailer 05-07-2016 10:38 AM

Trump's a RINO and he will play the conservatives as best he can.

How many Republican seats would be in danger if their conservative incumbents aren't seen as being with Trump? I don't think any would be in danger if Trump is fronting an apparently united party. Not that there may not be more than a few dissenters, maybe even a silent majority.

noonereal 05-07-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 313370)
This ploy .

Ploy to the critic, shrewd to the supporter.

Innovative to the reasoned?

On goes life. We all see what we look for.

nailer 05-07-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 313355)
I would never say that Trump isn't great at marketing. It will be a beautiful list. He'll have great names, the best names.

I have two words for you: 'bait and switch.'

Will he put his left-leaning sister on the list as bait or leave her off for the switch?