Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Blinded by hatred and not doing a good analysis. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10513)

noonereal 04-27-2016 07:11 AM

Blinded by hatred and not doing a good analysis.

Just heard Morning Joe say this. I thought of this community.

Not a knock, an observation.

nailer 04-27-2016 07:23 AM

Thanks for sharing.

finnbow 04-27-2016 07:25 AM

I think one can dislike Trump as a presidential candidate, just like they may dislike any other candidate, without being blinded my hatred. That said, there's plenty to dislike about Trump for president. Plenty.

noonereal 04-27-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 311526)
I think one can dislike Trump as a presidential candidate, just like they may dislike any other candidate, without being blinded my hatred. That said, there's plenty to dislike about Trump for president. Plenty.

I totally agree.

I would like to see posts here that reflect that.

d-ray657 04-27-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 311528)
I totally agree.

I would like to see posts here that reflect that.

How about this - by unapologetically singling out religious and ethnic groups for disdain and exclusion, Trump has espoused the values that we, as a society, had hoped to have left behind. In doing this as the leading candidate of a major political party, he has subjected us to ridicule in the rest of the world. Is that hatred or analysis?

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal 04-27-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 311530)
How about this - by unapologetically singling out religious and ethnic groups for disdain and exclusion, Trump has espoused the values that we, as a society, had hoped to have left behind. In doing this as the leading candidate of a major political party, he has subjected us to ridicule in the rest of the world. Is that hatred or analysis?

Regards,

D-Ray

Better than calling his supporters and those who don't stone him idiots.

Much better.

I do think your interpretation of his banter extreme and your concern "subjected us to ridicule in the rest of the world" lesser concern to me.

Thanks for the comment though. A reasoned conversation can be had. :)

d-ray657 04-27-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 311530)

Regards,

D-Ray

Come to think if it, Trump has presented to the world the precisely contrary message to what we presented in 2008. Then, by electing an African-American President, we showed the world tremendous growth in overcoming a history of slavery and racism. Admittedly, the optimism of 2008 gave way to the gritty reality of obstructionism - some of which was based on racial attitudes. And the hope of a transformational presidency wasn't fulfilled. So maybe a Trump presidency wouldn't be Armageddon. The extremes of hope and despair don't always bear out. But a Trump presidency wouldn't be good.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal 04-27-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 311532)
Come to think if it, Trump has presented to the world the precisely contrary message that we presented in 2008. Then, by electing an African-American President, we showed the world tremendous growth in overcoming a history of slavery and racism. Admittedly, the optimism of 2008 gave way to the gritty reality of obstructionism - some of which was based on racial attitudes. And the hope of a transformational presidency wasn't fulfilled. So maybe a Trump presidency wouldn't be Armageddon. The extremes of hope and despair don't always bear out. But a Trump presidency wouldn't be good.

Regards,

D-Ray

nice post

as to Obie, I voted for him twice, 08 and 12. I supported Hill in 08 however in the primary.
That said, and I get and am furious at the GOP for how they adapted an obstructionist platform but Obie holds much of the blame.

He is not a legislator, he is not a diplomat. He has not had a productive presidency. IMO.

d-ray657 04-27-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 311531)
Better than calling his supporters and those who don't stone him idiots.

Much better.

I do think your interpretation of his banter extreme and your concern "subjected us to ridicule in the rest of the world" lesser concern to me.

Thanks for the comment though. A reasoned conversation can be had. :)

I thing the thing that many have against Trump supporters is that the most distasteful positions he takes are the greatest attraction to too many. When he appeals to the base aspects of human nature and succeeds as a result, it does not speak well of his followers. I'm sure there are other things that attract some voters, but they are not sufficient for me to consider him a qualified candidate.

Regards,

D-Ray

whell 04-27-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 311526)

One can draw the same conclusion with an objective analysis of any of the candidates. I think this will be a "hold your nose" election for most voters.