Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Audiokarma Temp (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Audiokarma will be live shortly (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9702)

Grumpy 10-05-2015 11:14 AM

Audiokarma will be live shortly

Go have a look see shortly.

Thanks
Grumpy

4-2-7 10-05-2015 12:05 PM

That's great Dave hope everything went fine.

PS: I got the record this weekend I'll send payment asap.

Grumpy 10-05-2015 12:07 PM

Hope you enjoy it.

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 12:13 PM

After more than 22400 posts it is time to say Goodbye to Audiokarma. It is a bit annoying that I subscribed until February 2020.

It is as I have just lost a good friend, and I almost get tears in my eyes.

JJIII 10-05-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 288489)
After more than 22400 posts it is time to say Goodbye to Audiokarma. It is a bit annoying that I subscribed until February 2020.

Why would you do that? :confused:

icenine 10-05-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

It was only down two days....what gives?

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 12:23 PM

I can't live with the totally confusing layout, the new look. The poor contrast is too stressful for my eyes. And I miss many small things like the member's list. I am glad that I got this little "reserve home" here for about two years.

I should not drink too much beer tonight, it would turn me into a really depressive mood. Holy shit - I feel pretty bad.

Boreas 10-05-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Chris, I'm stunned! What has caused this?

icenine 10-05-2015 12:26 PM

Actually I like the new software.......Hoffman has used it on his site for a few years now.
I did not like it at first then but I came to like the ability to "like" a post and the alert notifications.

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 288494)
Chris, I'm stunned! What has caused this?

See post #7.

JJIII 10-05-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 288493)
I can't live with the totally confusing layout, the new look. The poor contrast is too stressful for my eyes. And I miss many small things like the member's list. I am glad that I got this little "reserve home" here for about two years.

I should not drink too much beer tonight, it would turn me into a really depressive mood. Holy shit - I feel pretty bad.

It has only been up a few hours. Give it a chance. You have a lot of time invested there, and many friends.

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 12:32 PM

Thanks for the verbal hug.

Boreas 10-05-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Oh! I didn't realize it was live. I was trying to go directly to a form and the old URLs don't work. (Maybe that can be fixed with a redirect.)

I have to agree that the new GUI is really different and my immediate impressions aren't all that good... but, as Clint said (to the chair), "Improvise, adapt and overcome".

Hell, I figure If I can get used to Tar Baby and the Free Range Guerilla, I can get used to anything. :)

JJIII 10-05-2015 12:34 PM

http://dl.glitter-graphics.com/pub/1...k783fy9rq2.jpg

Rajoo 10-05-2015 12:36 PM

I visited the site just now and like the looks, bit more colorful .
Is the home page and forums page the same?

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 12:40 PM

I should perhaps stay off for a couple of days or so and then try again. But there are actually so many changes I can't stand that I think that this chapter in my life is definitely closed.

I try to explain it this way, my dear friends. There is this old pub you like so much. You like the furnishing, the murky light, the bar with the pals sitting on it, you even like the smell of the closet, because all of these things create an atmosphere of GEBORGENHEIT.

Now everything has changed. The pub is redecorated and renovated, and we got energy saving lamps instead of cosy carbon filament lamps... okay... blablabla... it's over for sure...

Pio1980 10-05-2015 12:43 PM

No access thru Tapatalk yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 01:00 PM

You did not miss something, Steve. Just stay away.

Grumpy 10-05-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 288509)
No access thru Tapatalk yet.

You dont need tapatalk any longer. Xenforo, the new software, is much more mobile friendly.

Grumpy

Pio1980 10-05-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 288514)
You dont need tapatalk any longer. Xenforo, the new software, is much more mobile friendly.

Grumpy

Good to know, but I do miss it's organizational abilities re combining new postings, participation, and such helping me keep up with the activity and responses.

Pio1980 10-05-2015 01:08 PM

Just went in directly BTW, straight in, no problems.

icenine 10-05-2015 01:20 PM

Everyone chill lol.

donquixote99 10-05-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

But wait! I'll bet there are options to change the color scheme and contrast!

As for new layout, well, as we get older learning new stuff becomes more daunting, but 'once more into the breach, dear friend!'

Do not make decisions when depressed. Just wait, you'll feel better.

Boreas 10-05-2015 01:27 PM

Okay, now I am pissed off! What happened to all the smileys???

4-2-7 10-05-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Chris I have not been to the site yet but you/we can change the viewing formate and see if it works better for you.

HarmanKardon 10-05-2015 01:32 PM

Dan, this is nice.

Anyway - time for one or two fucking sleeping pills. What a crap. Oh my. Good Night!

icenine 10-05-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 288525)
Okay, now I am pissed off! What happened to all the smileys???

Turn on your java script.

There are much better ones on the new software.

Boreas 10-05-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 288532)
Turn on your java script.

There are much better ones on the new software.

This computer is one I just set up. I don't even have Java on it. Java has some serious vulnerabilities and I typically don't install it until I run into something I want to use that needs it.

AK does have 12 smileys that don't require Java. Are there more that are enabled if Java is installed. I suppose I should check one of my other computers, one that does have JRE on it.

icenine 10-05-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 288535)
This computer is one I just set up. I don't even have Java on it. Java has some serious vulnerabilities and I typically don't install it until I run into something I want to use that needs it.

AK does have 12 smileys that don't require Java. Are there more that are enabled if Java is installed. I suppose I should check one of my other computers, one that does have JRE on it.

If that is indeed the issue...do you see the small smiley symbol above the reply box?

Boreas 10-05-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 288538)
If that is indeed the issue...do you see the small smiley symbol above the reply box?

Yes, that's how I knew there were 12 smileys. I just installed Java on this particular computer and the most Firefox will allow is "Ask to Activate". When I click on the AK smiley icon now, I still get the same 12 smileys with no "More Smileys" as there was with the old software. Are you seeing something different?

icenine 10-05-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 288541)
Yes, that's how I knew there were 12 smileys. I just installed Java on this particular computer and the most Firefox will allow is "Ask to Activate". When I click on the AK smiley icon now, I still get the same 12 smileys with no "More Smileys" as there was with the old software. Are you seeing something different?

Sorry John you are correct. I was assuming this version of the software would have the same amount of smileys as Steve Hoffman's site does.
He has a much larger selection of smileys. Maybe Grumpy and Co will add the other ones.

icenine 10-05-2015 02:33 PM

if you guys don't see me on the Hoffman site it is because my id over there is different,
I'm TeaBagger1...the guy that posts about Styx and how good they sound on Yorx speakers lol.;)

Oerets 10-05-2015 02:34 PM

What was wrong with the old AK?

Barney

4-2-7 10-05-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 288528)
Dan, this is nice.

Anyway - time for one or two fucking sleeping pills. What a crap. Oh my. Good Night!

LOL
Chris I can't help but laugh sometimes as you get mellow dramatic. Get some rest buddy will see you at AK in the morning.

icenine 10-05-2015 02:40 PM

Well Barney,

My reaction was the same at first over at the SteveHoffman.tv place. I hated it at first, but the like functions and imbedded youtube videos are cool. Plus if you quote the whole quote and picture of the original post is not replicated, which was very annoying on the old AK if you ask me.

Boreas 10-05-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 288544)
What was wrong with the old AK?

Barney

It might be a "forced upgrade" from vBulletin. In other words, they might have let it be known that the older version PC was using will no longer be supported after a certain date, a little like Microsoft did with XP.

icenine 10-05-2015 03:14 PM

Actually Xenforo was developed by people who worked for vBulletin but were angered over a management decision and thus left that organization so I do not think Xenforo has any connection to vBulletin. Xenforo was also sued by vBulletin but it looks like they survived.

Boreas 10-05-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 288555)
Actually Xenforo was developed by people who worked for vBulletin but were angered over a management decision and thus left that organization so I do not think Xenforo has any connection to vBulletin. Xenforo was also sued by vBulletin but it looks like they survived.

Aha! I hadn't noticed the change! How many years ago did that happen? :p

icenine 10-05-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 288556)
Aha! I hadn't noticed the change! How many years ago did that happen? :p

It is not that I am smart I just went to the Wikipedia entries for both companies. There is much more about the conflict on the entry for Xenforo than vBulletin.

Looks like one of the early lead developers of vBulletin decided to jump ship when his plans for an upgrade on vBulletin were squashed by the new owners of vBulletin called Internet Brands in 2009. It is complicated lol.

Boreas 10-05-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 288542)
Sorry John you are correct. I was assuming this version of the software would have the same amount of smileys as Steve Hoffman's site does.
He has a much larger selection of smileys. Maybe Grumpy and Co will add the other ones.

Like this? http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/images.../Want-Some.gif

We could definitely use that one here on PC! ;)