Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Maybe it's time to hang it up Dick (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7709)

MikeG22 06-19-2014 12:38 PM

Maybe it's time to hang it up Dick

WATCH: Megyn Kelly DESTROYS Dick Cheney Over Iraq - http://huff.to/1kQUff2

When Fox news is tearing you apart you have become that irrelevant and dumb.

Dondilion 06-19-2014 01:28 PM

Fox is not tearing him apart. Fox is giving him an opportunity to amp his side of the issue..

Cheney should stick to reality tv and soap opera.

MikeG22 06-19-2014 03:11 PM

"Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir. You said there was no doubt Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005, and you said that after our intervention, extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now, with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with almost 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"

This isn't tearing him a new one?

barbara 06-19-2014 03:16 PM

Maybe it's time to hang it up Dick

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeG22 (Post 225807)
"Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir. You said there was no doubt Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in its last throes back in 2005, and you said that after our intervention, extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now, with almost a trillion dollars spent there, with almost 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say you were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many?"

She does get right to the point, that's for sure.

d-ray657 06-19-2014 03:25 PM

Call me a cynic, but it looks to me like Fox is simply working on a narrative that military intervention in Iraq is a bad thing - just in case Obama does something in Iraq.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode 06-19-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 225813)
Call me a cynic, but it looks to me like Fox is simply working on a narrative that military intervention in Iraq is a bad thing - just in case Obama does something in Iraq.

Regards,

D-Ray

That would be truly sick and depraved. Par for the course at Faux, tho.

Oerets 06-19-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray

Wow!

Sneaky, especially with the announcement earlier today by the President on sending in advisers. I kinda remember another war that started with advisers.

Barney

Rajoo 06-19-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray

I agree. It seems to me that Obama has no choice but to intervene in order to be consistent with our policies in Libya and Syria. If he does militarily, it will be seen as a new hole dug by Obama and then he will forced into owning Iraq (figuratively). Seems like so far Obama is skirting the hole that Bush dug and this is driving the right wing nuts. Bunch of angry white dudes in McCain, Graham and Cheney. :D

bobabode 06-19-2014 06:43 PM

Ayup. Sounds reasonable Rajoo.

Dondilion 06-19-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeG22 (Post 225807)

Everybody has expressed the same re Cheney and Iraq.

Now after that look at the long uninterrupted speech by Cheney.
She is giving him whole lot a time to amp his view.

It is like saying: your rep cannot be worse, but as a friend we still
need to give you an opportunity to do spin.