Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Global political discussions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   North Korea, Ballistic missles, and us (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11531)

Tom Joad 03-08-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 350028)
I was countering your ridiculous assertion that NK was a paper pussycat.

They are to us.

Sure they have lots of conventional firepower and manpower but that's no threat to the US unless we were to do someting really really stupid like invade them and try to fight them in a ground war.

I think one Chosin Reservoir experience was enough.

finnbow 03-08-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 350029)
They are to us.

Sure they have lots of conventional firepower and manpower but that's no threat to the US unless we were to do someting really really stupid like invade them and try to fight them in a ground war.

I think one Chosin Reservoir experience was enough.

Your just as clueless as your Trumpenfuhrer. Congrats.

Tom Joad 03-08-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 350030)
Your just as clueless as your Trumpenfuhrer. Congrats.

I got enough of a clue to know it's a bad idea to go halfway around the world to get involved in somebody else's war.

finnbow 03-08-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 350042)
I got enough of a clue to know it's a bad idea to go halfway around the world to get involved in somebody else's war.

Perhaps so, but that ship sailed over 60 years ago.

JCricket 03-10-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 349913)
I'm not concerned about North Korea.

They re a paper pussycat.

I don't know. I would think the delivery of a nuclear war head on any US base would be extreme cause for alarm. Even if the missile were to hit South Korea, it would have major consequences.

I wonder what would happen if a nuclear missile was launched? What would China, Russia, or the US do? Retaliate?

Remember Prince Ferdinand? A single shot that started WWI?

donquixote99 03-10-2017 07:43 AM

What started WWI was an aging Empire's determination to punish a smaller nation....

Yes. See what you mean.

merrylander 03-10-2017 08:14 AM

So why else do you think that anti missile battery is being put in place in South Korea?

nailer 03-10-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 350162)
What started WWI was an aging Empire's determination to punish a smaller nation....

Yes. See what you mean.

The Oberste Heeresleitung started WWI. At the last minute the Emperor and his PM changed their minds, but were told it was too late to stop the trains (so to speak). The execution of the Schlieffen Plan was the be all end all at that moment in German history.

icenine 03-10-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 350171)
The Oberste Heeresleitung started WWI. At the last minute the Kaiser and his PM changed their minds, but were told it was too late to stop the trains (so to speak). The execution of the Schlieffen Plan was the be all end all at that moment in German history.

The causes are indeed complex, but the assassination of the Archduke was the fuse that caused the powers to mobilize. Discounting the assassination as the fuse that lit the keg is false revisionism.

nailer 03-10-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 350173)
The causes are indeed complex, but the assassination of the Archduke was the fuse that caused the powers to mobilize. Discounting the assassination as the fuse that lit the keg is false revisionism.

Your buying off on the lie agreed upon. The Germans were the driver. They declared war on two fronts, attacked and violated Belgium's neutrality. Their choice. Not revising a thing.