Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Conyers - 2 women allege harassment (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12089)

whell 11-21-2017 08:58 PM

Conyers - 2 women allege harassment

Hmmm.....

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/...JAq#.si50zEn4v

Another former staff member to Michigan Rep. John Conyers alleged that she endured persistent sexual harassment by the congressman, according to court documents.

A former scheduler in the Conyers' office attempted to file a sealed lawsuit against him this February in the US District Court for the District of Columbia that alleges she suffered unwanted touching by the Democrat “repeatedly and daily.” She abandoned the lawsuit the next month, after the court denied her motion to seal the complaint.

The woman was not involved in the 2015 sexual harassment and wrongful dismissal complaint that Conyers settled in 2015, which was revealed Monday by BuzzFeed News, and is now under investigation by the House Ethics Committee.

bobabode 11-21-2017 09:34 PM

Y'all notice how it's radio silence from Whell when it's a Repuke that is caught with their 'hand' in the cookie jar? :rolleyes:

Feckin' hypocrite.

Chicks 11-21-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 364271)
Y'all notice how it's radio silence from Whell when it's a Repuke that is caught with their 'hand' in the cookie jar? :rolleyes:

Feckin' hypocrite.

Hypocrite is too nice a word to explain the ass. He's as disgusting as his hero Donny. He's a hater. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with him in person. He's no doubt that weirdo everyone avoids at work, like Roy Moore.

Pio1980 11-21-2017 10:40 PM

Squirrel!!

Rajoo 11-21-2017 10:51 PM

So, do you have anything to say about the Pussy Grabber or the cradle stalker Moore?

whell 11-22-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 364271)

Feckin' hypocrite.

Y'all notice how Bob tried to change the subject when its a Dem being accused?

whell 11-22-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 364272)
Hypocrite is too nice a word to explain the ass. He's as disgusting as his hero Donny. He's a hater. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with him in person. He's no doubt that weirdo everyone avoids at work, like Roy Moore.

You can write something like the above, and then call me a hater? Go look up the word irony. LOL!

whell 11-22-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 364281)
So, do you have anything to say about the Pussy Grabber or the cradle stalker Moore?

For the third time - been there, done that.

Now, do you have the capacity to stay on topic with this thread?

whell 11-22-2017 06:53 AM

Just a reminder:

Last Summer, Conyers was again the subject of an ethics committee probe for continuing to pay a female staffer after she left his employment. It’s not clear whether that was the same woman who received the $27,000 payoff.

The accusation that Conyers made this go away with taxpayer dollars is perhaps more serious because he was an active member of Congress at the time, and the staffer alleged she was fired for rejecting his advancements. If true, that is a clear case of sexual harassment.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opi...uts/107920280/

finnbow 11-22-2017 07:41 AM

I'm totally cool with the ongoing investigation of his actions by the House ethics committee and letting the chips fall where they may. I don't think too many people will miss Conyers. I believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to sexual harassment by members of both parties on the Hill.

Chicks 11-22-2017 08:21 AM

Whell’s fellow conservatives.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8030831.html

MrPots 11-22-2017 09:01 AM

Women used to grope me when I was younger, unsolicited, out of the blue and inappropriate ways. Strangers, co-workers and even a neighbor once bless her heart. It never occurred to me to be offended much less complain about it. Sure, I get why people get upset, the power play and all, (rape is another issue) but it's starting to look like a McCarthy style witch hunt and the republicans are playing this hand really well.

Who are the republican's biggest enemy? The media and liberal hollywood.

whell 11-22-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 364299)

Actually, it sounds like a country where the likes of Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, and Al Franken would be happy to carry out their "duty".

whell 11-22-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 364303)
Women used to grope me when I was younger, unsolicited, out of the blue and inappropriate ways. Strangers, co-workers and even a neighbor once bless her heart. It never occurred to me to be offended much less complain about it. Sure, I get why people get upset, the power play and all, (rape is another issue) but it's starting to look like a McCarthy style witch hunt and the republicans are playing this hand really well.

Sorry, but no. The left has been "playing this hand" for years, and now their hypocrisy has been exposed. The faux war on women, etc. if you remember.

Ike Bana 11-22-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364294)
You can write something like the above, and then call me a hater? Go look up the word irony. LOL!

The shoe fits...Trumper assholes define the term "hater".

Rajoo 11-22-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364310)
Actually, it sounds like a country where the likes of Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, and Al Franken would be happy to carry out their "duty".

At top of the heap is none other than the Pussy Grabber.

President Trump and accusations of sexual misconduct: The complete list

This reads like a soap opera and has eighteen episodes.
Heck for all I know you may be glowing with pride at our dear leader as you read it. :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.11b15438c492

Chicks 11-22-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364310)

You clearly missed the “conservative” label. Your brand of conservatism, at least. Donny and his good ol’ boy Roy Moore’s brand of conservatism. White Evangelical conservatism, not so very different from this guy in so many ways. Disgusting, but you own it by supporting Trump and everything he stands for.

nailer 11-22-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 364314)

Although Trump has given many Dems and liberals plenty of opportunity to demonstrate just how full of hate they are too. :D

Dondilion 11-22-2017 10:25 AM

Another one of the "power" men who has fallen because of the abuse of status re women.

Conyers was knowledgeable about areas beyond his door step. He was one of the few who objected to giving US money to Andriy Belitsky.

Rajoo 11-22-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 364325)
Another one of the "power" men who has fallen because of the abuse of status re women.

Conyers was knowledgeable about areas beyond his door step. He was one of the few who objected to giving US money to Andriy Belitsky.

In the end, it will always come down to the court of public opinion. So, here are the final job approval ratings for the last three presidents:

William Jefferson Clinton: 66% approve, 29% disapprove
George W. Bush: 34% approve, 61% disapprove
Barrack Obama: 59% approve, 37% disapprove, this with every 'black hatred' thrown at him.
Donald J. Trump: Care to predict? :D

Hint: DJT was also won the electoral route as did Bush II.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/final_approval.php

nailer 11-22-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 364329)
In the end, it will always come down to the court of public opinion. So, here are the final job approval ratings for the last three presidents:

Barrack Obama: 59% approve, 37% disapprove, this with every 'black hatred' thrown at him.
Donald J. Trump: Care to predict? :D

Hint: DJT was also won the electoral route as did Bush II.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/final_approval.php

While your post has nothing to do with sexual harassment, I predict that Trump doesn't care about the court of public opinion.

Dondilion 11-22-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 364303)

Hollywood!

Hollywood got lost with Roman Polanski.

Rajoo 11-22-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 364330)
While your post has nothing to do with sexual harassment, I predict that Trump doesn't care about the court of public opinion.

Actually it does. Someone (probably whell) brought up JFK and his sexual escapades and of course, WJC is also brought up.
Voters in general tend to forget these foibles if they are successful presidents.

Had a bad day at tennis like lose? :D

Chicks 11-22-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 364330)

Dunno, he sure obsesses over silly things like crowd size. Follows the polls real close, too. I’d say he cares rather deeply, obsessively about perceptions. It’s one of the characteristics of malignant narcissism.

Rajoo 11-22-2017 11:53 AM

Trump is obsessed over TV ratings, not what the general public thinks. And of course he has his dog whistle with him at all times and is very good at using it to beckon his tribe.
And in Trump's world, if news is bad it's fake.

nailer 11-22-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 364332)
Actually it does. Someone (probably whell) brought up JFK and his sexual escapades and of course, WJC is also brought up.
Voters in general tend to forget these foibles if they are successful presidents.

Had a bad day at tennis like lose? :D

Actually it doesn't w/o your follow-up. Unless you were implying BushII and Obama were sexual harassers while president.

I'm pretty sure many don't perceive sexual harassment as a foible.

Chicks 11-22-2017 12:13 PM

Some here seem to fail to understand the difference between consent and sexual assault. Clinton and Monica were consenting adults. JFK had women falling all over him; he had no need to abuse or assault any of them, they were delighted to be bedded by him.

Roy Moore and Donald Trump, Bill O’Reilly, and their disgusting ilk, assaulted women and girls, without their consent. That’s a crime, and a completely different thing altogether.

Rajoo 11-22-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 364335)
Actually it doesn't w/o your follow-up. Unless you were implying BushII and Obama were sexual harassers while president.

I'm pretty sure many don't perceive sexual harassment as a foible.

I said sexual escapades regarding JFK and WJC, so foible works.

nailer 11-22-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 364337)
I said sexual escapades regarding JFK and WJC, so foible works.

I'm pretty sure JFK and WJC sexually harassed women in pursuit of their escapades.

whell 11-22-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 364314)

Aren't you the guy who "hates this country"? Right, so you're just a hater who condones hating. Got it. :rolleyes:

whell 11-22-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 364336)
Some here seem to fail to understand the difference between consent and sexual assault. Clinton and Monica were consenting adults.

Oh, I think "some here" understand things just fine. I think others - like you - are twisting yourself into pretzels to excuse and cover for abusive, destructive behavior. Your citation above is proof positive. The story of Clinton's abuse of women wasn't just about "Monica". Clinton has a long history, and plenty of accusers. Yet, not only were these women's stories not taken seriously. These women became the targets of an orchestrated campaign by the Clintons and their surrogates to destroy them. Take it from K Sebelius:

"Not only did people look the other way, but they went after the women who came forward and accused him," says Kathleen Sebelius, the former secretary of Health and Human Services and Kansas governor. "And so it doubled down on not only bad behavior but abusive behavior. And then people attacked the victims."

Sebelius extended her criticism to Hillary Clinton, and the Clinton White House for what she called a strategy of dismissing and besmirching the women who stepped forward—a pattern she said is being repeated today by alleged perpetrators of sexual assault—saying that the criticism of the former first lady and Secretary of State was "absolutely" fair. Sebelius noted that the Clinton Administration's response was being imitated, adding that "you can watch that same pattern repeat, It needs to end. It needs to be over."

And then this same bunch wants to target and accuse others of the same behavior that they've engaged in. The hypocrisy is spectacular.

bobabode 11-22-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 364331)
Hollywood!

Hollywood got lost with Roman Polanski.

Naw, it was Fatty Arbuckle.

bobabode 11-22-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364341)
Aren't you the guy who "hates this country"? Right, so you're just a hater who condones hating. Got it. :rolleyes:

Insipid claptrap.

Chicks 11-22-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364342)
And then this same bunch wants to target and accuse others of the same behavior that they've engaged in. The hypocrisy is spectacular.

You, an undying supporter of serial abuser DJT, calling someone out for hypocrisy, is laughable. You’re a joke.

Rajoo 11-22-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364342)
Oh, I think "some here" understand things just fine. The hypocrisy is spectacular.

Question is do you? I very much doubt it and as far as hypocrisy goes, I will unanimously appoint you the champ.
You just don't know how good you are at it unless you go back and read your posts. :)

One more time (Final ratings):

Donald J. Trump: Care to predict?

whell 11-28-2017 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 364349)
Question is do you? I very much doubt it and as far as hypocrisy goes, I will unanimously appoint you the champ.
You just don't know how good you are at it unless you go back and read your posts. :)

One more time (Final ratings):

Donald J. Trump: Care to predict?

If Clinton's ratings are any indication, I guess Conyers will be a ratings champ as well, since another woman has come forward with allegations of sexual harassment.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ent/108085966/

The first instance of harassment happened, Maher said, shortly after the congressman hired her in September 1997 during an event with the Congressional Black Caucus.

“I didn’t have a room, and he had me put in his hotel suite,” said Maher, 77, adding that she rejected his offer to share his room at the Grand Hyatt in Washington and have sex.

The other incidents with the now 88-year-old Conyers involved unwanted touching in a car in 1998 and another unwanted touching of her legs under her dress in 1999, she said.

Yup, and Nancy P said, "John Conyers is an icon in our country, and He has done a great deal to protect women". Yeah, great protection in that hotel suite, Nancy. :rolleyes:

whell 11-28-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 364344)
Insipid claptrap.

Great description of your every post.

Rajoo 11-28-2017 08:38 AM

Are you in favor of electing a pedophile to the Senate whell? A yes or no answer please.
It's not about anyone else already in office.

whell 11-28-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 364485)
Are you in favor of electing a pedophile to the Senate whell? A yes or no answer please.
It's not about anyone else already in office.

I'm not aware that a convicted pedophile is running for office anywhere, or has recently been elected to office. Do you have a scoop? Pedophilia is also a psychological condition. Do you have medical records that demonstrate a current of potential US Senator has been diagnosed as a pedophile? Of course, if any individual is convicted of such a felony, it would make sense to keep them from holding any elected office.

I'm certainly aware that Gloria Aldred Inc has found some folks to make allegations, but as Franken and Conyers have demonstrated, allegations are not sufficient to bar or remove someone from elected office. It'll be up to the Alabama voters to decide if they believe those allegations are credible.

finnbow 11-28-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 364489)
I'm not aware that a convicted pedophile is running for office anywhere, or has recently been elected to office. Do you have a scoop? Pedophilia is also a psychological condition. Do you have medical records that demonstrate a current of potential US Senator has been diagnosed as a pedophile? Of course, if any individual is convicted of such a felony, it would make sense to keep them from holding any elected office.

I'm certainly aware that Gloria Aldred Inc has found some folks to make allegations, but as Franken and Conyers have demonstrated, allegations are not sufficient to bar or remove someone from elected office.

So, your answer is yes. I thought so.