Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Nuttin on Eastwood? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=4536)

Twodogs 08-31-2012 09:12 PM

Nuttin on Eastwood?

I figured you libs would be having a heyday bashing old Clint today. I thought his little act was funnier than hell. I hear Newhart may be suing him for stealing his phone act and converting it to a chair.:D Did you guys even see it last night?

finnbow 08-31-2012 09:18 PM

I saw it and Clint seemed pretty disheveled. The focus on Clint today has diminished the focus upon Romney's speech, something the Romney campaign is quite upset about. I'm quite sure Romney and Co. wish it could have gone down differently.

d-ray657 08-31-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 120820)
I figured you libs would be having a heyday bashing old Clint today. I thought his little act was funnier than hell. I hear Newhart may be suing him for stealing his phone act and converting it to a chair.:D Did you guys even see it last night?

Are we failing in our job to satisfy your stereotype of people who disagree with you?

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles 08-31-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Don't know if Clint has slipped a cog or if he was a bumbling fool by design.

If you ignore his delivery (Lt. Colombo), he did make valid points.

Might also be a setup. If the media wastes a news cycle on this, he's more than capable of coming back with a more articulate manner of reinforcing his talking points. And burning another news cycle.

America likes Eastwood, and throwing his weight behind Romney helps him.

I wouldn't sell him short, he didn't get to where he is by being stupid.

Chas

Oerets 08-31-2012 11:24 PM

I was waiting to see if this would come up and when. He played to the room and I figured public speaking on the fly might just not be his cup of tea. Making good movies now on the other hand. In his defense ad libbing at any age can be hard and add being on live TV only added to the pressure.

It was still painful to watch and follow.

Barney

bobabode 08-31-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Whatcha got against Rowdy Yates?:D More to the point, whatcha got agin us Democritters?:p Dang mang it's all just bullshit lyin' politicians anyways. Just wait until Charlotte Jay, I hope you laid in a stash. Have a good ten days off and take those labs for a swim. By the way, how's the lake level? Issac hit you yet? Last I looked the prince of darkness was sending it your way.:D

Fast_Eddie 08-31-2012 11:46 PM

I thought he was great. I laughed. Don't know why everyone on Rmoney's team got so bent out of shape over it. Highlight of the convention, no doubt. I don't agree with him, but that was a great speech. And the tone was great too, I thought. Yeah, he made points, but it was funny and not mean spirited.

Clint's awesome. Wrong, but awesome. And the speech was great.

Boreas 09-01-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie (Post 120858)
Highlight of the convention, no doubt. I don't agree with him, but that was a great speech. And the tone was great too, I thought. Yeah, he made points, but it was funny and not mean spirited.

I thought his putting "Cheneyisms" into the President's mouth was in extremely poor taste. The cheap shots at Byden were pretty bad too. All in all, I thought the entire routine (that's what it was, rather than a speech) was pretty low-rent, almost as bad as Zell Miller's RNC speech in 2004.

And I really like Eastwood so it's pretty disappointing to me.

John

hillbilly 09-01-2012 03:19 AM

Dunno why Eastwood's talk with the empty chair seems to have little credit here. Heck, I understood Eastwood's point perfectly. Obama's chair may as well been empty his whole term as he really hasn't done anything. :D

BlueStreak 09-01-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 120824)
I saw it and Clint seemed pretty disheveled. The focus on Clint today has diminished the focus upon Romney's speech, something the Romney campaign is quite upset about. I'm quite sure Romney and Co. wish it could have gone down differently.

Nobody cares what that lying sack of chit had to say. Clint was much more astute and entertaining.

Honestly, watching Clint slip like that made me sad. I remember when Mom started talking to empty chairs and shouting into closets. It only goes down from there. He is one of my faves, too. A great actor. He is a conservative, but he's not an ass. Which makes him a rare bird indeed.

Dave