Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I hope pcchat can be better than other political sites. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11172)

JCricket 11-19-2016 08:37 AM

I hope pcchat can be better than other political sites.

Hey Folks,
Deep breath and sigh............................

This is(was) the only political site I have ever been on that had at least a smattering of decency and information. With the current state of affairs, levels of frustration and fears, things have taken a nose dive. At one time we had a few resident trolls, but most people would continue to post ideas and have productive discussions. I still see some of that, but I also see a lot of "your this, but what am I " insult posts.

Here is a challenge for all of us, stating at midnight tonight, no one posts a single name calling, insulting, condescending post until midnight tomorrow. 24 hours of consideration and respect, possible?
I hope so.

best of luck to us....................

Rajoo 11-19-2016 12:02 PM

Politics and Religion are devised to divide people. So good luck.

Pio1980 11-19-2016 12:09 PM

There are folks who play the troll, or are provoked to react to trolling that foul the discourse of ideas.
It's not that much fun for folks who are here to get a broader interaction of ideas and perceptions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JCricket 11-19-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 339030)
There are folks who play the troll, or are provoked to react to trolling that foul the discourse of ideas.
It's not that much fun for folks who are here to get a broader interaction of ideas and perceptions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The reason i come here is to get insightful, intelligent feedback on ideas.

Maybe we do my suggestion tomorrow and next weekend we do the opposite. From Sunday 12:00 am to Monday 12:00 am we can only post if we include and insult or condescending remark with the post................

This might actually be challenging and fun

JCricket 11-19-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 339027)
Politics and Religion are devised to divide people. So good luck.

I disagree. They were devised as tools to control people. If division is a by product of them, andit works to control people, then the controllers are happy. But I don't think it was the primary purpose of either.

bobabode 11-19-2016 12:22 PM

Sounds good to me.

nailer 11-19-2016 12:25 PM

Talking politics or religion in an open forum is going to be contentious.

HarmanKardon 11-19-2016 12:41 PM

As far as this forum does not get contaminated by the current so popular American hitlerism, as far as this forum remains a place of different opinions on the basis of democratic values, I will stay in here.

Rajoo 11-19-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 339036)
I disagree. They were devised as tools to control people. If division is a by product of them, andit works to control people, then the controllers are happy. But I don't think it was the primary purpose of either.

You may. :)

My earlier comment was based on the 'divide, conquer and rule' which an age old strategy. When was the last time you have seen political parties or religious factions merge?

nailer 11-19-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 339048)
You may. :)

My earlier comment was based on the 'divide, conquer and rule' which an age old strategy. When was the last time you have seen political parties or religious factions merge?

For US it was probably prior to the Civil War for major parties. After the Civil War the slave/free split of the Methodists took decades to mend.