Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   The Unemployment Line (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Jay Lenos' Last Show (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6871)

bobabode 02-08-2014 03:23 PM

Jay Lenos' Last Show

Patty and I are watching the last Tonight Show with Jay Leno as host. :(
I'm sure Jimmy Fallon will do great.

Garth Brooks did a great couple of songs but the highlight for me was when Jay mentioned that the show has always been a union show. Right on Jay!

finnbow 02-08-2014 03:45 PM

Personally, I think Jay Leno was nowhere near as funny after he came back from the Conan fiasco. Perhaps his better writers bailed. Fallon is a lot funnier and more talented.

bobabode 02-08-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 192927)
Personally, I think Jay Leno was nowhere near as funny after he came back from the Conan fiasco. Perhaps his better writers bailed. Fallon is a lot funnier and more talented.

I pretty much stopped watching after Carson retired. Did you watch it? There were a bunch of jokes that I suspect were far too edgy for the powers that be at NBC before this. It's well worth an hour of your time imho.

finnbow 02-08-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 192935)
I pretty much stopped watching after Carson retired. Did you watch it? There were a bunch of jokes that I suspect were far too edgy for the powers that be at NBC before this. It's well worth an hour of your time imho.

I was gonna, but ended up watching Daily/Colbert.

HarmanKardon 02-13-2014 02:37 AM

Now he has more time for his ca. 897 classic cars.

piece-itpete 02-13-2014 10:30 AM

I WISH he'd do a car show, about his own cars. His collection is amazing.

Pete

Zeke 02-13-2014 11:35 AM

I actually saw the show in the early/mid 1990s with a college girlfriend. If I recall the guests were Rob Lowe and G.E. Smith with Branford Marsalis leading the band?

CarlV 02-13-2014 12:07 PM

I used to fall asleep to Leno, I stayed up to watch Carson. The generation of radio then TV comedy actors that honed their skills on/from the vaudeville stage are almost nothing but a memory now. :(

I never thought Seinfeld was funny either, I could not ever sit through one episode. I would rather scrub the toilet, change the catbox or something.

Carl

MrPots 02-13-2014 02:06 PM

I quit watching late night after Carson.* With Fallon and Meyers coming on line though, I'm hoping for a renaissance in late night television...

* I also got old....

bobabode 02-13-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlV (Post 193960)
I used to fall asleep to Leno, I stayed up to watch Carson. The generation of radio then TV comedy actors that honed their skills on/from the vaudeville stage are almost nothing but a memory now. :(

I never thought Seinfeld was funny either, I could not ever sit through one episode. I would rather scrub the toilet, change the catbox or something.

Carl

We can't get enough of the Daily Show these days, his ongoing skit about Fox called 'On Bullshit Mountain' lampoons the hell out 'em. :D