Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My mother is concerned. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=13217)

HarmanKardon 01-11-2021 12:42 PM

My mother is concerned.

My mother (she turned 94 last week) is pretty concerned about the current situation in the United States, and she is referring especially to the period until the Inauguration day.

To be honest, I a way I share her concern. How dangerous is this mentally ill Commander In Chief? What is your evaluation? How real is the threat of misusing the access to nuclear military equipment?

RickeyM 01-11-2021 12:49 PM

I don't think anyone on the other end of "the button" would actually follow a launch command issued by Benedict tRump. At least I hope no one would be willing to start WWIII for the Despicable One.

HarmanKardon 01-11-2021 12:57 PM

The fact that Little Rocket Man obviously stopped the tender romance with the United States does not make the situation easier.

Mark B 01-12-2021 01:27 AM

Chris, reassure your mother that the US military isn't going to let Trump nuke anyone.

Oerets 01-12-2021 05:27 AM

Chris, rest assured there are plenty in control right now in the administration, aware of the possibilities.

I'm more afraid of his MAGA army doing something evil to please their leader.

All it takes is one deranged individual.

HarmanKardon 01-13-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B (Post 396897)
Chris, reassure your mother that the US military isn't going to let Trump nuke anyone.

I will tell her that, thank you Sir!

icenine 01-16-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 396841)
My mother (she turned 94 last week) is pretty concerned about the current situation in the United States, and she is referring especially to the period until the Inauguration day.

To be honest, I a way I share her concern. How dangerous is this mentally ill Commander In Chief? What is your evaluation? How real is the threat of misusing the access to nuclear military equipment?

Tomorrow Never Knows...as Ringo used to say.

For your mother to be 94 and still be concerned about the future is truly a remarkable blessing Sir.

BlueStreak 01-16-2021 10:27 PM

DC now has a very large National Guard presence and much higher law enforcement alertness after the Capital event. I'm thinking there isn't much to worry about. but, I could be wrong..............

RickeyM 01-17-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 397141)
DC now has a very large National Guard presence and much higher law enforcement alertness after the Capital event. I'm thinking there isn't much to worry about. but, I could be wrong..............

It's the so called soft targets outside the capitol that concern me. I don't think (hope) any of these loons have any visions of Kamikaze missions in the capitol.

donquixote99 01-17-2021 10:41 AM

Saw a report of one armed guy being caught at a checkpoint with a fake invitation. So some additional attempts can be expected. Some may have already succeeded.