Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Why Can't You Just Go Back To The Shithole You Came From? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12194)

whell 01-12-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 366180)
Yawn. Look at you, all puffed up. :rolleyes:

Yawn. Another inconsequential post from you.

bobabode 01-12-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366183)
Yawn. Another inconsequential post from you.

Awwww, you're too sweet. :rolleyes:

Wasillaguy 01-12-2018 03:41 PM

How about Obama calling Libya a "shit show"? Was that cool?
And I remember dem groups doing tv ads with little kids saying "fuck" over and over. All good with that, eh?

Chicks 01-12-2018 04:02 PM

Trump just denied his ‘shithole’ comment. In the process, he confirmed the worst.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...med-the-worst/

In light of Trump’s apparent claim that he wants to prioritize people from countries such as Norway, the uglier white nationalist cast of all of this is inescapable. Trump’s fellow travelers have gone to great lengths to obscure this basic reality. In a now-infamous exchange, CNN’s Jim Acosta asked White House immigration hard-liner Stephen Miller whether Trump’s policies are designed “to engineer the racial and ethnic flow of people into this country.” Miller reacted with outrage and repeatedly cast the goal as reducing the mere numbers of immigrants — ostensibly to protect U.S. workers from competition — which he said was in keeping with previous periods of lower immigration.

It is very hard to disentangle the goal of reducing the overall numbers of immigrant arrivals from the goal of shifting our current ethnic and racial mix. But Trump has now left little to no doubt that the real animating impulse is the latter.

Chicks 01-12-2018 04:15 PM

Whell and his hero Donny would surely have hated early Norwegian immigrants here, due to their social activism. Buncha lefties! Joe Hill!

The Scandinavian tradition of collective action also led many immigrants to take active roles in American social reform movements. From the 1840s on, Scandinavian immigrants were well represented in the movement for the abolition of slavery, and with the onset of the Civil War volunteered in great numbers to fight, overwhelmingly for the Union.

Many Union companies consisted entirely of Scandinavians, and one company, from the tiny Bishop Hill community in Illinois, was made up solely of Swedes. At the turn of the century, the writer and Danish immigrant Jacob Riis led a journalistic crusade to expose the horrific living conditions endured by the inhabitants of America's urban slums, which included many new immigrants. Riis' book How the Other Half Lives, a classic of muckracking literature, brought about a great wave of protest and led to major housing reform in the U.S.

Many Scandinavians also took an active role in the burgeoning U.S. labor movement. Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish miners and loggers participated in strikes throughout the Great Lakes states and the mountain West, sometimes as members of the radical Industrial Workers of the World union, also known as the Wobblies. The Swedish immigrant Joe Hill, born Joel Hägglund, was a prominent IWW member and wrote many of the union's rallying songs. After Hill was executed for murder in 1914, under what his sympathizers claimed were false pretenses, he became the subject of folk songs himself.

Rajoo 01-12-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 366185)
How about Obama calling Libya a "shit show"? Was that cool?
And I remember dem groups doing tv ads with little kids saying "fuck" over and over. All good with that, eh?

This comment was directed at David Cameron and this was on record, unlike Donnie Dotard lying about his. He should have a said a shit hole like George Bush left Iraq, another shit show of gargantuan proportions and all he got back was a pair of shoes thrown at him. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Barack Obama has sharply criticised David Cameron for the UK’s role in allowing Libya to become a “shit show” after the fall of the dictator Muammar Gaddafi, in an unprecedented attack on a British leader by a serving US President.

Mr Obama said that following a successful military intervention to aid rebels during the 2011 Arab Spring revolt, Libya was left to spiral out of control – due largely to the inaction of America’s European allies.

In a candid US magazine interview, Mr Obama said: “When I go back and I ask myself what went wrong… there’s room for criticism, because I had more faith in the Europeans, given Libya’s proximity, being invested in the follow-up.”

'Distracted' Cameron helped turn Libya into a mess, Barack Obama says
Singling out the British Prime Minister, he suggested that Mr Cameron had taken his eye off Libya after being “distracted by a range of other things”.

Mr Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy, then the French President, pushed hard for the bombing raids on Colonel Gaddafi’s forces that led to his fall, but since 2011 Libya has sunk further into violence and civil war, and latterly has become a focal point for Isis in North Africa.

Mr Obama went on: “We actually executed this plan as well as I could have expected: We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1bn – which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.”
PS: I am watching Daily Caller for your next serve (with no volley). :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6923976.html

Wasillaguy 01-12-2018 04:54 PM

That's right- it's on the record that Obama spouted racist crap, while the allegation against Trump comes from one known serial liar, with no one else in attendance backing him up.

Chicks 01-12-2018 05:01 PM

Naturally, Donny’s racist remarks were wildly popular among the neo-nazis.

https://thinkprogress.org/trumps-shi...-6ed336373ddf/

Chicks 01-12-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 366192)
That's right- it's on the record that Obama spouted racist crap, while the allegation against Trump comes from one known serial liar, with no one else in attendance backing him up.

You’re about as bright as Zero.

ZeroJunk 01-12-2018 06:43 PM

You have some of these countries where sixth grade is the average adult education.

But, that has nothing to do with it. Just race.

Rajoo 01-12-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 366192)

Why is Mr. Obama's comment racist?

I take this in reference to the war torn part of the world called Middle East and the wars started with the 'shock and awe" invasion of Iraq Cheney & Rumsfeld with Bush II as the puppet.

Besides Obama's comment is directed at Cameron, one head of state speaking and criticizing another. Tweet would have been better? :rolleyes:

Well.........unless you think a black guy criticizing a white guy is racism. :rolleyes:

Wasillaguy 01-12-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 366197)
Why is Mr. Obama's comment racist?

I take this in reference to the war torn part of the world called Middle East and the wars started with the 'shock and awe" invasion of Iraq Cheney & Rumsfeld with Bush II as the puppet.

Besides Obama's comment is directed at Cameron, one head of state speaking and criticizing another. Tweet would have been better? :rolleyes:

Well.........unless you think a black guy criticizing a white guy is racism. :rolleyes:

Obama's comment is every bit as racist as Trump's "supposed" statement.

And I take Trump's comment (if he in fact said it) in reference to the Clinton Foundation's shell game that left Haiti worse off than before they got involved.

Besides, Trump's comment (if in fact he said it) is directed at the liberal idiots in the meeting with him, one gov official speaking and criticizing another.

See how that works?

CarlV 01-12-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasillaguy (Post 366198)
Obama's comment is every bit as racist as Trump's "supposed" statement.

And I take Trump's comment (if he in fact said it) in reference to the Clinton Foundation's shell game that left Haiti worse off than before they got involved.

Besides, Trump's comment (if in fact he said it) is directed at the liberal idiots in the meeting with him, one gov official speaking and criticizing another.

See how that works?

No I don't. Please advise on all the other countries involved in shithead's shithole remarks.

He's a racist of the first degree regardless, just accept the facts.

Wasillaguy 01-12-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlV (Post 366200)
No I don't. Please advise on all the other countries involved in shithead's shithole remarks.

He's a racist of the first degree regardless, just accept the facts.

I have no problem accepting facts, but I've yet to see any, including a lack of any facts showing Trump said this about Haiti, or Sudan, or El Salvador, or any of the other crapfest hell holes that are so shitty that you all insist it would be inhumane to reject invaders from.
Even if he did say it, I fail to see how an accurate description of a country's condition translates to racism. He didn't say anything to disparage the citizens, but rather the conditions in which these poor people suffer.

donquixote99 01-12-2018 09:28 PM

Yes, you fail to see. That is the one and only accurate statement in your post.

Ike Bana 01-12-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 366159)
I'm pretty sure he was addressing the Haitian-American voters, not Haitian residents. While what the President said was politically incorrect (which his base loves), lots of people do indeed emigrate to the US to escape a miserable existence.

Fuckin' Irish, go back to your potato famine. You're just coming here to escape your miserable existence...not ro improve this cointry. We want doctor's and engineers, not some Guinness swilling drunk. Same goes for you fuckin' polacks, kikes, and krauts.

Chicks 01-13-2018 12:16 AM

Clearly our schools are failing our democracy, when we have fools like Zero electing fools like Trump to the presidency. We must ensure our schools are funded, staffed by informed, well educated teachers, and kept free from religion and politics. Our democracy is always at risk, now more than ever.

http://education.oxfordre.com/view/1...190264093-e-25

Democracy requires informed and active voters who seek information to make wise decisions on behalf of themselves and the common good. Such voters must understand their own rights and freedoms, as well as those of others, as they deliberate together to reach mutually agreeable policies and practices. They must be equipped to engage in free and critical inquiry about the world and the problems surrounding them. And, they need the imagination and creativity to construct, revise, add to, and share the story of democracy with others, including the next generation.

The relationship between public schooling and democracy is best understood and fulfilled when it is not just a unidirectional one, where public schools support democracy, but rather when it moves in both directions, with the formal and cultural elements of democracy shaping the governance, content, and practices of schools. In this way, democracy is not just the end of public schooling, but also the means by which we achieve it.

ZeroJunk 01-13-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 366207)
Clearly our schools are failing our democracy, when we have fools like Zero electing fools like Trump to the presidency. We must ensure our schools are funded, staffed by informed, well educated teachers, and kept free from religion and politics. Our democracy is always at risk, now more than ever.

http://education.oxfordre.com/view/1...190264093-e-25

Democracy requires informed and active voters who seek information to make wise decisions on behalf of themselves and the common good. Such voters must understand their own rights and freedoms, as well as those of others, as they deliberate together to reach mutually agreeable policies and practices. They must be equipped to engage in free and critical inquiry about the world and the problems surrounding them. And, they need the imagination and creativity to construct, revise, add to, and share the story of democracy with others, including the next generation.

The relationship between public schooling and democracy is best understood and fulfilled when it is not just a unidirectional one, where public schools support democracy, but rather when it moves in both directions, with the formal and cultural elements of democracy shaping the governance, content, and practices of schools. In this way, democracy is not just the end of public schooling, but also the means by which we achieve it.

Where are schools have really failed is when you are so unfamiliar with the planet you are actually on that you don't know that Haiti, and a handful of countries in South America, Africa, and the Middle East are shit holes.

And, the only reason the leftys want a mass influx of people from these countries is that they are stupid enough to vote Democrat.

And, the reasons the Norwegians cite for not wanting to come here are overwhelmingly the responsibility of minorities.

Those are just facts. Apparently facts don't exist in whatever bubble world the lefty lives in.

donquixote99 01-13-2018 07:37 AM

You're entitled to your own opinion. A country's status as a 'shithole' is pretty much a textbook example of an 'opinion.' No two people have just the same definition of 'shithole' in their heads. Though in a great many cases, 'mostly black and brown people in the population' is going to figure into it I suspect....

Speaking of 'just facts' in this matter indicates you have no good idea what a fact is.

And blaming 'minorities' for social ills is just one more of the racist opinions your head is full of.

Oerets 01-13-2018 07:50 AM

More then one of the countries suffering economically now and in the news. There due to exploitation put upon them by richer more powerful countries in the past, on going still to this day.
Where the natural wealth of the countries is stolen by outsider, with the help of the chosen few willing locals, thrust into leadership positions by outside forces.

So for those who now support this and all racist views put forth and in writing I say shame on you!

With the hope that in your next life you will shown a better path to enlightenment. For in this one you have fallen short.

Barney

Chicks 01-13-2018 07:56 AM

The good news for these “shithole” countries? They don’t have Donny Shithole as their president. We are stuck with the ass, at least until the midterm tidal wave.

finnbow 01-13-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 366216)
And, the reasons the Norwegians cite for not wanting to come here are overwhelmingly the responsibility of minorities.

As for why we don’t see many people immigrating here from Norway, I can’t explain it either. Why don't more of those nice white folks give up national healthcare, a guaranteed pension, sickness and survivor benefits, and free college to come here and be embarrassed on a daily basis by a vulgar talking yam? There's just no understanding some people.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...hole-response/

ZeroJunk 01-13-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 366220)
As for why we don’t see many people immigrating here from Norway, I can’t explain it either. Why don't more of those nice white folks give up national healthcare, a guaranteed pension, sickness and survivor benefits, and free college to come here and be embarrassed on a daily basis by a vulgar talking yam? There's just no understanding some people.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...hole-response/

Throw the minority population that the U.S. has, with the attitude that population has, in to Norway and see how long that system works.

whell 01-13-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 366169)
Those who object to overt racism from your Dear Leader are snowflakes, eh? If that's what you believe, you're as vile as disgusting as Lying Donnie Dotard is.

I'm laughing that those like you who would defend failed immigration policies with charges of racism.

finnbow 01-13-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366226)
I'm laughing that those like you who would defend failed immigration policies with charges of racism.

So, Trump and his comments weren't racist? Birtherism, Mexicans are murderers and rapists, Judge Curiel, equivocating on Charlottesville Nazis, and not renting to black families also aren't racist? Who knew?

As for failed immigration policies, it is the Teabaggers and FreeDumb Caucus who have prevented previous efforts at immigration reform and blew up the most recent effort, notwithstanding Trump's "shithole" comment.

Chicks 01-13-2018 10:29 AM

I’ve worked with a number of Mormons over the years. Nice people, if a bit boring, but racist as all get out. One of them won a President’s Circle award from MegaCorp: a week-long trip to Kenya, no doubt one of Donny’s “shithole” countries. This guy was so racist, he packed a revolver for “protection” from blacks. He later moved to Idaho, to be in a “racially pure” state. Funny thing, though. He couldn’t stop talking about how great Kenya was.

I’ve spend a good deal of time traveling and living abroad. I think Western European countries know how to live far better than most Americans, certainly better than Americans in shitholes like Detroit do. Frankly, I’d rather live in a “shithole” like Cairo or Alexandria than Detroit or most any Red State. They’ve far more cultured. Rednecks really know nothing about culture.

ZeroJunk 01-13-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 366234)
I’ve worked with a number of Mormons over the years. Nice people, if a bit boring, but racist as all get out. One of them won a President’s Circle award from MegaCorp: a week-long trip to Kenya, no doubt one of Donny’s “shithole” countries. This guy was so racist, he packed a revolver for “protection” from blacks. He later moved to Idaho, to be in a “racially pure” state. Funny thing, though. He couldn’t stop talking about how great Kenya was.

I’ve spend a good deal of time traveling and living abroad. I think Western European countries know how to live far better than most Americans, certainly better than Americans in shitholes like Detroit do. Frankly, I’d rather live in a “shithole” like Cairo or Alexandria than Detroit or most any Red State. They’ve far more cultured. Rednecks really know nothing about culture.

And why exactly is Detroit a shit hole ?

Chicks 01-13-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 366237)
And why exactly is Detroit a shit hole ?

Because morons like you and Whell live there, mostly.

ZeroJunk 01-13-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 366239)
Because morons like you and Whell live there, mostly.

La La Land

Rajoo 01-13-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366226)

Whell, say we have immigrants like myself come to the US, get a great tax payer funded education and then contribute to the American society by starting and owning companies and employing people, why is that a failed immigration policy?

I am not unique in this, a large number of small businesses in Silicon Valley are started and owned by immigrants. Of course, not all parts of the country are as immigrant friendly as CA, OR or WA.

Pio1980 01-13-2018 03:19 PM

Norwegians to Trump, we don't want to move to the U.S. http://nbcnews.to/2msAfJO

Wasillaguy 01-13-2018 04:28 PM

Numbers have been on a steady decline for several decades, from every European country, coincident with the decline of freedoms and opportunity here.
However, at the turn of the 20th century they were on a pace to literally empty their population in a rush to come. First seeking religious freedom, and later due to drought/famine and the promise of a good life in America's heartland.
If not for the immigration laws of 1924, they would nearly all be here.

Rajoo 01-13-2018 05:30 PM

Another gem of a Tweet from Mr. Comey. :D

Quote:

James Comey ✔ @Comey
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” This country’s greatness and true genius lies in its diversity.

7:43 PM - Jan 11, 2018
8,996 8,996 Replies 66,378 66,378 Retweets 204,943 204,943 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
I am awaiting a response from Trump, but not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

BlueStreak 01-13-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 366086)
Yep...this is how the banned list was developed. If Donald thinks the country is a shithole, it goes on the list.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole
countries come here?” - President Donald Trump, January 11, 2018.

I'm wondering why we are having this president coming from a shithole gene pool?

And this is the kind of guy that whell and zero want in the boss's chair.

He has a "great German brain".... You know, like the brilliant mother****ers who brought us Communism, Nazism, World War 2 and the Holocaust.:rolleyes:

finnbow 01-14-2018 08:19 AM

Trump's DC Hotel

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/im...Eeep46sYzkFDag

whell 01-14-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 366234)
Frankly, I’d rather live in a “shithole” like Cairo or Alexandria than Detroit or most any Red State.

Racist remark.

finnbow 01-14-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366279)
Racist remark.

Explain.

whell 01-14-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 366261)
Another gem of a Tweet from Mr. Comey. :D

I am awaiting a response from Trump, but not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

I think Comey misses the point, quite purposefully I suspect. The question that ignited the media shit-storm behind the shit-hole quote was this: why should we continue our current policy and not adopt a merit based immigration system. Like, for example, Canada:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/w...-haitians.html

But Canadian officials are warning that even liberal Canada has its limits amid concerns, fairly or not, that illegal migration is stretching the immigration system to a breaking point and risks stoking a potential backlash.

Canada’s minister of immigration, Ahmed Hussen, himself a former refugee who moved to the country from Somalia when he was 16, said Canada was proud to be a welcoming country but could not welcome everyone. Only about 8 percent of Haitian migrants had received asylum here since the summer, he said, while there is a backlog of about 40,700 cases, according to Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board.

“We don’t want people to illegally enter our border, and doing so is not a free ticket to Canada,” Mr. Hussen said in an interview. “We are saying, ‘You will be apprehended, screened, detained, fingerprinted, and if you can’t establish a genuine claim, you will be denied refugee protection and removed.’ ”

In what appeared to be an effort to dispel false hope among would-be immigrants and help stem an influx, Pablo Rodriguez, a Liberal member of Parliament who was born in Argentina, will be traveling to Los Angeles next week to meet with members of the Hispanic community there to explain the limits of Canadian asylum policy.

On an earlier trip there, he sought to counter false media reports in the Latin American press that he said were suggesting that migrants could travel to Canada, “walk in and stay forever.”

Canada has had a merit based system of immigration for years.

nailer 01-14-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 366280)
Explain.

At a subconscious cultural level I can see racism in Chick's comment, although I think it isn't the driving prejudice.

Chicks 01-14-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 366279)
Racist remark.

You’re a riot.