Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Since when is America (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=127)

Twodogs 06-04-2009 07:44 PM

Since when is America

one of the biggest Muslim nations? I also didn't know that we stopped being a Christian nation.:( Thanks goodness ol Barry got me lined out this morning. I guess I'll have to get my prayer mat and Karon (spelling?) ordered. But hey, I guess there is an upside; If I kill some infidels I'll get me 72 virgins on the other side. :rolleyes:

Sandy G 06-04-2009 08:38 PM

The "72 Virgins" business has always struck me as monumentally stupid. First, as many of you know, I'm a very good friends w/a 17-yr old girl, I consider her the daughter I never had. I'm pretty sure she's still a virgin, she's very religious, & I've had lots of talks w/her about stuff like that, where I've tried to tell her a lifetime of regret isn't worth 5 minutes of pleasure...I could no more deflower some poor, innocent girl like her & traumatise her for the rest of her life than I could grow horns. It just ain't right doin' stuff like that. Not to me it isn't. Secondly, who wants a scared little girl, anyway ? Gimme a good ol' Road Whore who knows what the hell she's doing in the 1st place, & knows how to pleasure a man in the second...Next, after you deflower 72 little girls, what the hell THEN ? Eternity's a long damn time, let's say you can control yrself & only knock off one every other day...That's still only 144 days...Whaddya do for the REST of eternity ? "I blew myself up for THIS ?!? Squallin' ass little girls that I don't particularly like, they cry all the time, I had a good life back on the earth, I had a wife & a son who loved me, I made a good living..." Maybe I'm missing the point of the whole thing, but the promise of 72 virgins for dying after killing a few infidels sounds like a sucker bet to me...Another thing, I don't wanna kill anybody...There ARE a few I'd like to Jap-slap upside the head, & maybe plant my size 14 wide squarely up the backsides thereof, but KILL ? Nah.

noonereal 06-05-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 1368)
one of the biggest Muslim nations? I also didn't know that we stopped being a Christian nation.:( Thanks goodness ol Barry got me lined out this morning. I guess I'll have to get my prayer mat and Karon (spelling?) ordered. But hey, I guess there is an upside; If I kill some infidels I'll get me 72 virgins on the other side. :rolleyes:

I thought it an effective speech. Even most cons begrudgingly agreed.

noonereal 06-05-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy G (Post 1369)
Gimme a good ol' Road Whore

Now that right there is what I'm talkin' bout.

soundhound 06-05-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 1368)
I also didn't know that we stopped being a Christian nation.

i never knew that we WERE a christian nation. i always thought we were a nation that seperated church from state. as a christian, i've often noticed that our government has NOT seperated church from state, and as a citizen of a "free" country, i'm not too happy about that fact.

we are not supposed to be a "christian nation" or a "muslim nation". we are supposed to be a nation of citizens who have the right to believe and worship as we see fit, free from government control. our government is supposed to uphold the constitution, that is all. i would rather not have my morality legislated, thank you.

merrylander 06-05-2009 03:26 PM

As a small matter the founding fathers were Deists.

Ozmoid 06-05-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundhound (Post 1379)
i would rather not have my morality legislated, thank you.

There's a statement I can agree with wholeheartedly.

wajobu 06-05-2009 07:59 PM

From my perspective, I don't want my Nation to have a religious foundation. In my opinion, Faith, is a very personal thing--no one can tell me what to think or believe nor should I be able to dictate this to others.

Sandy G 06-05-2009 09:03 PM

Aye-Yup...

Twodogs 06-06-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundhound (Post 1379)
i never knew that we WERE a christian nation. i always thought we were a nation that seperated church from state. as a christian, i've often noticed that our government has NOT seperated church from state, and as a citizen of a "free" country, i'm not too happy about that fact.

we are not supposed to be a "christian nation" or a "muslim nation". we are supposed to be a nation of citizens who have the right to believe and worship as we see fit, free from government control. our government is supposed to uphold the constitution, that is all. i would rather not have my morality legislated, thank you.

I wasn't really talking about the government being Christian, but instead, the majority of the citizens. If the most "popular" religion in America is not Christianity, then what is it?:confused: