Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Our tax dollars at work (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=468)

Grumpy 10-19-2009 06:47 PM

Our tax dollars at work

With my wife taking a substantial pay cut we thought it may be for the best to request a loan modification for our mortgage. The big O guy says hes gonna help and and who am I to turn it down.

Got the paperwork packet in the mail today from the mortgage company. Under the Financial Stability Plan my payments will go up $263.15 a month. :eek:

What the fuck ? Am I the wrong color. FUCK the gooberment and the horse they rode in on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

JJIII 10-19-2009 06:54 PM

"Change you can believe in!" :eek:

Sandy G 10-19-2009 07:04 PM

Yeah, but YOU'RE a White, Oppressive Male...Shoulda had Nancy apply. And don't forget that any assistance, like the "Kash Fer Klunkers" program, IS taxable at the highest allowable rate...

Charles 10-19-2009 08:22 PM

I'm from the goobermitt and I'm here to help.

Besides, you're doing the wrong thing...you're trying to help yourself. Quit working so hard.

"Sit down on your ass, light up a Camel, this is the promised land"...FDR

Chas

Grumpy 10-19-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 7472)

"Sit down on your ass, light up a Camel, this is the promised land"...FDR

Chas

I keep trying too but these damn self-extinguishing cigarettes keep putting themselves out. Not to mention they taste like shit now !

Gooberment fucked up that simple pleasure too..

Charles 10-20-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 7476)
I keep trying too but these damn self-extinguishing cigarettes keep putting themselves out. Not to mention they taste like shit now !

Gooberment fucked up that simple pleasure too..

What did they put in tobacco to make it stink?

When I was a kid, cigarettes smelled good, now they're horrible. At least they haven't ruined captain Black.

Chas

merrylander 10-20-2009 07:33 AM

You did say you got the papers "from the mortgage company" hardly the governmment's fault that most mortgage companies cannot find their gluteous maximus with both hands and a flashlight.

Grumpy 10-20-2009 08:54 AM

These are the standard Financial Stability Plan papers supplied to the mortgage company by the feds.

I hate them both !

Charles 10-20-2009 04:14 PM

Seems like Kam ran into similar problems when he tried to modify his mortgage with "help" from the goobermitt.

Chas

hillbilly 10-20-2009 09:31 PM

I was sitting on a rock the other day and the horses came up and just decided to hang out with me. I told 'em since they wanted to know what I was thinkin' about, then I may as well point out just how lucky they really are.

I told 'em they didn't have to worry about whether or not work will hold up for the next five years till the farms paid off. I told 'em they didn't have to worry about going to the store and buying food. I told 'em they didn't have to worry about how they'll pay the doctor when they grow old. I told 'em they are very lucky indeed to be horses. Then my sons horse nudged at my baccer pocket ... and I said ''thats exactly what I mean ole fella'', .. and I gave him a chew. Good day .. or a bad one, you can't help but love the creatures :D