Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   An apology to all. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=2219)

BlueStreak 01-24-2011 11:58 AM

An apology to all.

I bowed out yesterday, because I felt something rising in me that is best kept dormant. I have anger issues and am prone to depression. Sometimes hanging out here, and in other places, coupled with current events and issues in my personal life become too much, and my "Black Dog" draws near.

This is not an excuse, rather an explanation. No one is responsible for my actions, but me.

If I have gone too far and blatantly insulted anyone, engaged in personal attacks, I apologize. I wish I could say it will never happen again, but that's like predicting the weather. I will do my best to control my emotions.

Again, my apoplogies,

Dave

Charles 01-24-2011 01:39 PM

It's no big deal, other than you're punishing yourself.

You don't deserve it and it's not necessary. Anger is such a self destructive emotion, that if you stop and evaluate what's eating at you, you will generally find it's not worth the effort.

At least that's what I tell myself.

Chas

finnbow 01-24-2011 01:47 PM

There's a difference between passionate beliefs and anger IMHO. The former is OK within bounds. As for the latter, Chas nailed it.

d-ray657 01-24-2011 01:59 PM

Dave, your only concern needs to be with how the situation affects you. If anyone was thin-skinned enough to take offense at anything you have had to say recently, they have chosen the wrong place to hang out. I'm glad to see that you care about what's going on in the world, but each of us is going to have to understand that there are limits to what we can do individually. A pretty good start along that path going to work, doing our jobs and insisting on the truth. As I see it, you do a pretty good job on all counts there.

Regards,

D-ray

merrylander 01-24-2011 03:39 PM

You have done nothing that requires an apology as far as I am concerned.

CarlV 01-24-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 52499)
You have done nothing that requires an apology as far as I am concerned.

+1

Carl

hillbilly 01-24-2011 11:45 PM

You didn't insult me. Hell, we'll all find that somethin' or another bugs the shit out of us if we live longer 'nuff. :)

Charles 01-25-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pukka Sahib (Post 52559)
Be without passion. This is the highest order of the mind. There is no greater rule than that over oneself - it is a triumph of the will. But when passion rules, the voice of reason cannot be heard, and there is danger of losing your head.

A most worthy goal. After all, it's not what happens to you, it's how you allow it to effect you.

The only control an individual has over life. Without it, one controls nothing.

Chas

mossbacked 01-25-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pukka Sahib (Post 52559)
Be without passion. This is the highest order of the mind. There is no greater rule than that over oneself - it is a triumph of the will. But when passion rules, the voice of reason cannot be heard, and there is danger of losing your head.

Be without passion?

I'm sure if you really wanted, technology has reached the point where you could find someone to implant a chip in you head or something to turn you into a Spock-like or Data-like character as from Star Trek.

noonereal 01-25-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 52480)
I bowed out yesterday, because I felt something rising in me that is best kept dormant. I have anger issues and am prone to depression. Sometimes hanging out here, and in other places, coupled with current events and issues in my personal life become too much, and my "Black Dog" draws near.

This is not an excuse, rather an explanation. No one is responsible for my actions, but me.

If I have gone too far and blatantly insulted anyone, engaged in personal attacks, I apologize. I wish I could say it will never happen again, but that's like predicting the weather. I will do my best to control my emotions.

Again, my apoplogies,

Dave

Apologies? I love your posts.

Don't change.;)