Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2020 election best case and worst case scenarios (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=13098)

JCricket 10-11-2020 05:39 PM

2020 election best case and worst case scenarios

Okay folks,
We are down to the last lap, a little over three weeks to go. I know it is up in the air, but the polls and predictions are getting more and more solid. Everything I am seeing and reading predicts Trump to lose, the house to remain democratic, and a slight margin of favor for the senate to change to democratic. I am going to state what I think the best and worse case outcomes of the elections. Worst case would involve civil unrest and outright bloodshed - so put that aside.

I have spent a bit of time mulling over possible outcomes and where they would lead. Rather than type all of it out, here is my sumarization.

Best case for the American people, Trump wins, the senate changes, they remove him after a very thorough trial and investigation. They show him for what he is to all of the world, to the point that only the true anarchists would defend him. Pence takes over and everybody tries to get along. I think this is a pipe dream.

This is the likely outcome. Both the legeslative branch and executive branch will be under complete democratic control. Joe Biden will either resign or retire before then end of the first term leaving Kamala Harris in charge. There will be violence and unrest and bloodhsed.

Worst case, Trump wins, the senate remains gop controlled, maybe the house switches to GOP(unlikely) and Trump flushes our governemnt and country down the toilet.

What do you folks think?

barbara 10-12-2020 05:47 AM

Trump loses. The SDNY comes for him.

donquixote99 10-12-2020 08:54 AM

Worst case is Biden wins but Trump refuses to concede and launches violent coup attempt that leads to full-blown civil war. 'Trump wins' is a close second; many of the worst effects of the above will happen, but more in slow motion.

RickeyM 10-12-2020 01:08 PM

In the first result the Dems would impeach and remove tRump just as the Sun will rise tomorrow. Then the Dems will turn their attention to removing Pence owing that he has been complicit in all that tRump did. Pence won't be able to lie his way out of any of it.
Just my $.02 on that.

donquixote99 10-12-2020 02:07 PM

Keep in mind that it takes a 2/3 vote in the senate to convict on impeachment.

Chicks 10-12-2020 03:05 PM

Best case, Donny is shut out in a landslide, Repubes lose the Senate, Dems retain the House. The country gets back to near normal. The Dem-majority FCC requires fairness in broadcasting once again, including on cable, kneecapping Faux "News".

Oerets 10-12-2020 04:20 PM

(1) Peaceful reactions to election results.

(2) Civil War

My fears there will be a contested and drawn out conclusion to just who won. Leaving the looser and supporters to accept or not. If the results are in any way deemed unjust or rigged like I'm seeing telegraphed by the cult. Things will be unsettled and troubling.

JCricket 10-12-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 392794)
Keep in mind that it takes a 2/3 vote in the senate to convict on impeachment.

Forgot that part. I guess the dems could pull a dirty trick and change that law to a simple majority, then pull him from office.

donquixote99 10-12-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 392807)
Forgot that part. I guess the dems could pull a dirty trick and change that law to a simple majority, then pull him from office.

Well that turns out not to be the case. The two-thirds majority requirement is written into the Constitution, and it would take a constitutional amendment to change it. That won't happen because there are too many low-population red States, each of which swings as much weight as California in this count.

For the same reason, electoral college reform is totally off the table.

bobabode 10-12-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 392808)
Well that turns out not to be the case. The two-thirds majority requirement is written into the Constitution, and it would take a constitutional amendment to change it. That won't happen because there are too many low-population red States, each of which swings as much weight as California in this count.

For the same reason, electoral college reform is totally off the table.

Yep....