Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Latest Best Thrift/CL/Dumpster/Ebay Score! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6740)

donquixote99 12-25-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 414255)
https://imgur.com/lAFQTvp.png
it was two months ago in case you didn't see it on AK.

Listening to the Hafler now via a DAC from my PC.
The pre-amp was the biggest score since I already have the Meters, Amp, and Tuner from a score from long ago.

Gotta love a beautiful score like that!

icenine 12-25-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 414260)
Robbin, I use to own the Mitsubishi gear. The Amp was the DA-7DC with the cable so you can work the speaker selector.

I kept them for a good long while. In the end the amplifier/meters was the last to move on.

Also own the Hafler and thought it was one of the best sounding amplifiers I ever had.

Nice pickup!

Thanks!
About 8 years ago I found the DA-15DC, meters, and tuner at a military thrift store while on a short break between patients....I think I mention it earlier in this thread lol. But I left the preamp since I thought it was a different amp.
This time I got the preamp! The amp in this picture is the DA-10DC. It sure is heavy.

I have the Hafler 500 hooked up in my mancave right not it sounds very nice and doesn't get hot like the other Hafler amp I have. It is under a pair of new Crown XLS 1002 DriveCore class D amps I am using as mono blocks.

Oerets 12-25-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 414272)
Thanks!
About 8 years ago I found the DA-15DC, meters, and tuner at a military thrift store while on a short break between patients....I think I mention it earlier in this thread lol. But I left the preamp since I thought it was a different amp.
This time I got the preamp! The amp in this picture is the DA-10DC. It sure is heavy.

I have the Hafler 500 hooked up in my mancave right not it sounds very nice and doesn't get hot like the other Hafler amp I have. It is under a pair of new Crown XLS 1002 DriveCore class D amps I am using as mono blocks.

Do you have the three pin connector that goes to the units? All it does is allows the speaker selector switch on front panel to control the amplifier.

icenine 12-25-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 414275)
Do you have the three pin connector that goes to the units? All it does is allows the speaker selector switch on front panel to control the amplifier.

No I didn't know it had one...I haven't really used the meters or the amps to be honest but I was impressed with the DA-P20 when I hooked it up to the Hafler it is a great sounding pre-amp. I have been using a Jolida JD9 Phono preamp that has a tube stage with a Chinese Music Angel tube preamp with my Crowns and I really enjoy that sound. I may end up selling some of the Diatone gear but I will most definitely keep the DA-P20.

On my other meter unit I installed some blue led lamps. The one above in the picture has only one lamp working.

The older I get the harder these amps are to lug around. I really enjoy the Crown class D amps because they are sort of rolled off and sound a bit tubey and warm...and they only weigh 11 pounds. The Crown XLS DriveCore2 amps are for professional use but they sound pretty decent to me and are only $400 for a brand new 1002 model that does 250 watts per channel.

To top it off I have been on the Decware waiting list for a their Zen 2-watt SET amp which should arrive sometime early in 2023. So I will have all bases cover Class A, Class D, Mosfet and SET lol.

Oerets 12-25-2022 07:21 PM

I never warmed to the preamp or the tuner. They were moved on down the road in do course. Now the amp meter combo stayed awhile longer. Ended selling when a Marantz 140 came home.