Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TWODOGS, Why did you choose your new avatar? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=487)

noonereal 10-25-2009 02:05 PM

TWODOGS, Why did you choose your new avatar?

Just wondering. Is it meant as an overt racist statement?:confused:

Twodogs 10-25-2009 02:25 PM

More of a statement about states rights I think. After all, that's what the war was about was is not? The racial overtones are just a bonus.:p

Charles 10-25-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 7907)
More of a statement about states rights I think. After all, that's what the war was about was is not? The racial overtones are just a bonus.:p

"I'm a good ol' Rebel, now that's just what I am."

Hey TD, up fer a little "night ridin"?

Chas

Twodogs 10-25-2009 02:33 PM

I'll grab a rope, you get the torch.:eek:

noonereal 10-25-2009 02:36 PM

lol
reason i asked:

One of our neighbors was flying one last Easter when I had my mom, daughter and my daughter's mom in the car. My daughter was pretty freaked out.
I guess it's good that she learned while she was with me that people in the USA are not all the same and that racism through ignorance or intent does exist.

I think many folks just don't realize or think it through when they fly it.

Charles 10-25-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 7918)
lol
reason i asked:

One of our neighbors was flying one last Easter when I had my mom, daughter and my daughter's mom in the car. My daughter was pretty freaked out.
I guess it's good that she learned while she was with me that people in the USA are not all the same and that racism through ignorance or intent does exist.

I think many folks just don't realize or think it through when they fly it.

I suppose that's one way to look at it...if you're a Rebelphobe.

I'm sure that Robert E. Lee, as an honorable gentleman who ever lived, would see it differently. I know that I do.

Just because the Stars and Bars was hijacked by a bunch of skinheads and racist criminals doesn't mean that it wasn't the banner that a lot of honorable people gave their lives and prosperity under. At least that's the consensus among a lot of folks in the South.

But they're busy scrubbing that part from the history books.

Chas

noonereal 10-25-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 7925)
I suppose that's one way to look at it...if you're a Rebelphobe.

I'm sure that Robert E. Lee, as an honorable gentleman who ever lived, would see it differently. I know that I do.

Just because the Stars and Bars was hijacked by a bunch of skinheads and racist criminals doesn't mean that it wasn't the banner that a lot of honorable people gave their lives and prosperity under. At least that's the consensus among a lot of folks in the South.

But they're busy scrubbing that part from the history books.

Chas

I don't disagree but it was the flag that was raised to stop the freeing of the black slaves. Hard to sweep that under a rug.

It may have some positive meaning for some but it is also a flag of slavery support.

Charles 10-25-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 7927)
I don't disagree but it was the flag that was raised to stop the freeing of the black slaves. Hard to sweep that under a rug.

It may have some positive meaning for some but it is also a flag of slavery support.

Believe it or not, slavery was not the primary issue. Even Lincoln wasn't in favor of freeing the slaves, at least at the start.

Chas

Charles 10-25-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 7915)
I'll grab a rope, you get the torch.:eek:

Ya got a deal!!!

BTW, who well are you stocked on Navy Colts?

Chas

Twodogs 10-25-2009 03:25 PM

Nary a one, will a .45LC Vaquero work?