Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A good day (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=4145)

merrylander 06-15-2012 02:42 PM

A good day

The blue rug juniper under the weeping cherry has died. I was about to order a bunch more but the young woman at the nursery told me it is not a shade plant and would likely die in a year or two.

So we looked at Pachysandra and vinca minor (Perrywinkle). well the Pachysandra stays green all year while the Perrywinkle does not. So I got 100 Pachysandra for under the weeping cherry and also got 50 Perrywinkle for under another tree that overls shade everything. Saw some ferns while I was at the Nursery so I picked two of them for the grove.

Got home and watered the new Dogwood as well as all the Norway Spruce we put in last year. Sat down and had a chat with Sam Adams and now it is time to hit the showers.

BTW Sam made more sense than many of the posts here.:p

piece-itpete 06-15-2012 02:56 PM

LMAO!!

Bet your yard is happy.

Pete

HatchetJack 06-15-2012 03:04 PM

I spent the better part of the morning trying to relocate a new hot water
heater under the house along with another trip to lowes. Lots of piping
and some wiring involved but with the money I save diy maybe I can
upgrade my preamp from a 3300 to a 3800.

BlueStreak 06-15-2012 05:36 PM

Yes, a good day indeed!

My new Bottlehead kit has arrived.

If you gentlemen will excuse me, I have something more important to attend to..........

Dave

barbara 06-15-2012 06:43 PM

Long day, but glad it's Friday. Looking forward to a nice weekend.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you fathers. Hope your special weekend is enjoyable.

Offspring and I got husband an ice cream maker for his special day. Going to be a fattening weekend at my house......

painter 06-15-2012 06:44 PM

Well...yes it is a good day! We returned from a lovely dinner celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary and will soon be on our way to watch the Walenda walk across the "Mighty Niagara". Be sure to watch and see one of the most beautiful wonders in the world! A blessed fathers day to all!

djv8ga 06-15-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painter (Post 107549)
We returned from a lovely dinner celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary

Congratulations!

bobabode 06-15-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painter (Post 107549)
Well...yes it is a good day! We returned from a lovely dinner celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary and will soon be on our way to watch the Walenda walk across the "Mighty Niagara". Be sure to watch and see one of the most beautiful wonders in the world! A blessed fathers day to all!

Conratulations on the double nickel Painter! May you have many, many more! Are you going to be at Niagra for the event?

barbara 06-15-2012 07:28 PM

Congratulations, Painter!

Big_Bill 06-16-2012 01:15 AM

Indeed Painter, That's an amazing accomplishment.

My wife has put up with me for 37 years so far :) I just don't know how much longer she will keep putting up with me :(