Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Religion & Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Our Very Own ISIS in Iowa (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9891)

finnbow 11-16-2015 07:08 AM

Our Very Own ISIS in Iowa

On Friday, three Republican presidential candidates — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee — attended an event in Des Moines, Iowa, hosted by a controversial Colorado pastor who has frequently advocated against gay people, including that the government should put them to death.

The event, dubbed the National Religious Liberties Conference, was hosted by pastor Kevin Swanson, who delivered a fiery speech in which he said Biblical law calls for "homosexuals" to be executed.

"Yes, Leviticus 20:13 calls for the death penalty for homosexuals," he said. Swanson said he was "willing to go to jail for standing on the truth of the word of God."

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-can...014821801.html

noonereal 11-16-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 293019)
On Friday, three Republican presidential candidates —" he said. Swanson said he was "willing to go to jail for standing on the truth of the word of God."

not a bad idea as jail causes homosexuality, as we know from Ben Carson. Then we will be able to execute him as he would want per Leviticus 20:13!

HarmanKardon 11-16-2015 07:26 AM

"Wenn jemand bei einem Knaben schläft wie bei seinem Weibe..."

(3. Buch Mose, 20,13)

"Knabe" is an archaic term for "boy".

So this translation by Martin Luther relates rather to child abuse. However, a pretty bloodthirsty verse.

HarmanKardon 11-16-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 293022)
not a bad idea as jail causes homosexuality, as we know from Ben Carson. Then we will be able to execute him as he would want per Leviticus 20:13!

That's mean! :D

Tom Joad 11-16-2015 07:43 AM

Republicans are a much more dangerous threat to this country than ISIS could ever dream to be.

finnbow 11-16-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 293025)
Republicans are a much more dangerous threat to this country than ISIS could ever dream to be.

ISIS is, in fact, Dubya's and the NeoCon's gift to the world.

MrPots 11-16-2015 08:14 AM

Along with copious amounts of hate and intolerance.....

HarmanKardon 11-16-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 293025)

I am sorry - but I think this goes too far. ISIS wants to rule the world by a Califate and is ready to kill millions of people in order to achieve this goal.

Republicans are, as far as I know, American people in a state of confusion, politically and socially, therefore in a way dangerous for sure, but I can't see them as mass murderers trying to conquer the world.

Even as a means of ironic exaggeration, comparing Reps with ISIS is in my opinion inappropriate.

Tom Joad 11-16-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmanKardon (Post 293033)
I am sorry - but I think this goes too far. ISIS wants to rule the world by a Califate and is ready to kill millions of people in order to achieve this goal.

Republicans are, as far as I know, American people in a state of confusion, politically and socially, therefore in a way dangerous for sure, but I can't see them as mass murderers trying to conquer the world.

The reason I see the Republicans as a greater danger to this country is that ISIS hasn't got a snowball's chance in Hell of accomplishing their agenda in the U.S.

Republicans on the other hand have got a damn good chance of accomplishing theirs.

HarmanKardon 11-16-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 293034)

The reason I see the Republicans as a greater danger to this country is that ISIS hasn't got a snowball's chance in Hell of accomplishing their agenda in the U.S.

Republicans on the other hand have got a damn good chance of accomplishing theirs.

I hope that you are right.