Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Taliban No. 2 guy in custody (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=896)

d-ray657 02-16-2010 06:53 PM

Taliban No. 2 guy in custody

Abdul Ghani Baradar, the second in command for the Taliban was taken into custody by U.S. officials, according to news reports. Citing security interests, no U.S. officials will confirm the custody or the circumstances leading to it. It appears that the bombing of Taliban bases is also having an affect.

There is some success coming from the additional emphasis on Afghanistan, but the administration is not crowing about it, but giving priority to security. It appears that some believe governing is not always about scoring political points. I imagine Cheney will find something to criticize about this success.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas 02-16-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 20048)
It appears that the bombing of Taliban bases is also having an affect.

You mean like an exaggerated swagger? ;)

John

Sandy G 02-16-2010 08:59 PM

This makes about the umpteenth Numero Dos Big Cheese guy they claim they've managed to catch, kill, whatever..

finnbow 02-16-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy G (Post 20052)
This makes about the umpteenth Numero Dos Big Cheese guy they claim they've managed to catch, kill, whatever..

C'mon Sandy. Do the math. There's gotta be dozens of number twos out there somewhere.

http://vocaro.com/trevor/blog/wp-con...ensnapz003.png

d-ray657 02-16-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

When the number two team gets knocked off, someone moves in to that place. Sounds like it might not be a very safe position to hold. According to the Washington Post, they had this one in interrogation for more than a week before news leaked that he had been captured.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas 02-16-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

I think it was al Qaeda that supposedly lost all those #2 guys. This Taliban seems to be the real deal. So much so that the Taliban felt it necessary to issue a statement to the effect that he was free and in Afghanistan, rather than in Pakistani custody.

John

BlueStreak 02-17-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 20048)
I imagine Cheney will find something to criticize about this success.

Regards,

D-Ray

It was because of the Bush policies that Obama is following, would be my guess.

I'm sure you've noticed the pattern, Don. When Obama changes a Bush policy, he's a cocksucker that's out to destroy America. When he preserves and utilizes Bush policy, he's still a cocksucker who's out to destroy America.

Nothing the guy ever does is right, even when he's doing exactly as any Republican might do.:rolleyes:

If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

Dave

d-ray657 02-17-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 20068)
It was because of the Bush policies that Obama is following, would be my guess.

I'm sure you've noticed the pattern, Don. When Obama changes a Bush policy, he's a cocksucker that's out to destroy America. When he preserves and utilizes Bush policy, he's still a cocksucker who's out to destroy America.

Nothing the guy ever does is right, even when he's doing exactly as any Republican might do.:rolleyes:

If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

Dave

Cheney came close to agreeing with Obama on don't ask, don't tell. He even almost acknowledged that his family circumstances give him a pass to break with the party line on that issue. It's funny for him to say that the current focus on Afghanistan is a continuation of a Bush policy, when that administration lost all interest in Afghanistan after they had concocted a justification to invade Iraq.

Regards,

D-Ray

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander 02-17-2010 07:31 AM

It sounds like y'all are expecting the impossible to happen - that Cheney will actually tell the truth for a change.

noonereal 02-17-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 20081)
Cheney will actually tell the truth for a change.

ROTFL.

Rob, that's not fair.

Everyone knows this will never happen.