Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I am still in shock (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11119)

MrPots 11-09-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 336738)
People are sick of the establishment. I think the Obamacare premium increase announcement was the icing on the cake. The loss of jobs in the rust belt states broke the blue wall.

I agree. The Democrats chose Hillary over Bernie, a big mistake that just cost them the election. Can't feel too sorry for them.

Sometimes when you fly too close to the sun you get burned.

Regarding the premium increase, premiums were increasing at 25% a year well before Obamacare.

Tom Joad 11-09-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 336740)
I agree. The Democrats chose Hillary over Bernie, a big mistake that just cost them the election. Can't feel too sorry for them.

There is is.

+1

Dondilion 11-09-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 336713)
How did she blow this one ( no Monica reference intended )

Intended or not it is worth a chuckle.

Anyhow her emails FBI nexus, whether justified are not, reinforced the view that she is corrupt.

catswiththum 11-09-2016 07:23 AM

Well, we don't elect Kings or Queens. There are three branches of gov. and the country will not disintegrate.

Breathe, everyone.

tybrad 11-09-2016 07:37 AM

Three branches? Two of them are Republican-controlled now and the third will reflect Repub views shortly. This will be untenable for the next maybe six years. The only saving grace may be that many, many in the Senate and House very much dislike him and they (hopefully) may behave as if Democrats for the needed checks and balances.

Prediction:
Trump is 200% a one-term prez.

merrylander 11-09-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 336738)
People are sick of the establishment. I think the Obamacare premium increase announcement was the icing on the cake. The loss of jobs in the rust belt states broke the blue wall.

Indeed I am quite sure that the management who shipped all those jobs overseas were Democrats - Not!

catswiththum 11-09-2016 07:50 AM

I am glad the campaign is over.

There is too much work to be done to continue wallowing in a largely media generated hysteria.

The transportation and power infrastructures need massive updating, health care snafus have to be fixed, trade and foreign policy don't sit still for hand wringing.

It's going to take all of us to get it done - there are those who want to keep crying, that's fine, just roll up your sleeves and cry while you work.

Dondilion 11-09-2016 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 336750)
Indeed I am quite sure that the management who shipped all those jobs overseas were Democrats - Not!

Yes!

But Trump made it one of his issues.

He projected that the leaders of both parties were in collusion and pointed to the Bernie rebellion.

barbara 11-09-2016 07:59 AM

Trump was right!
The election was rigged...😉

icenine 11-09-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tybrad (Post 336748)
Three branches? Two of them are Republican-controlled now and the third will reflect Repub views shortly. This will be untenable for the next maybe six years. The only saving grace may be that many, many in the Senate and House very much dislike him and they (hopefully) may behave as if Democrats for the needed checks and balances.

Prediction:
Trump is 200% a one-term prez.

Only Schumer can save us now if no blue dogs capitulate.