Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I am still in shock (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11119)

Grumpy 11-09-2016 02:36 AM

I am still in shock

How did she blow this one ( no Monica reference intended )

As vile as Trump is, for her to lose to him speaks volumes...

Rajoo 11-09-2016 03:38 AM

Trump won Florida without any organization there and that should give us a clue.

Oerets 11-09-2016 05:32 AM

Bottom line, hate and fear votes!

The people spoke, wanted to blowup the system and start over. Heaven help us!

Barney

Boreas 11-09-2016 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 336713)

As vile as Trump is, for her to lose to him speaks volumes...

Someone who voted for Gary Johnson has no business asking that question.

finnbow 11-09-2016 05:52 AM

I'm more sickened than I am shocked.

merrylander 11-09-2016 06:03 AM

Well now to make America Grate again.:(

JCricket 11-09-2016 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 336722)
Well now to make America Grate again.:(

Thanks, that was GREAT. I needed a laugh this morning.:D

JCricket 11-09-2016 06:22 AM

Well, here is hoping. He is a loud mouth, egotistical, lying, cheating, predatory, womanizing, arrogant, pedophiliac asshole. Maybe he'll change for the presidency.:o

I guess we should wipe the slate clean and judge him only for what he does as president. Pass the zantac

MrPots 11-09-2016 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 336734)
Well, here is hoping. He is a loud mouth, egotistical, lying, cheating, predatory, womanizing, arrogant, pedophiliac asshole.

Just because we are whom we associate with, that is now "America" :D

ZeroJunk 11-09-2016 06:45 AM

People are sick of the establishment. I think the Obamacare premium increase announcement was the icing on the cake. The loss of jobs in the rust belt states broke the blue wall.

MrPots 11-09-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 336738)
People are sick of the establishment. I think the Obamacare premium increase announcement was the icing on the cake. The loss of jobs in the rust belt states broke the blue wall.

I agree. The Democrats chose Hillary over Bernie, a big mistake that just cost them the election. Can't feel too sorry for them.

Sometimes when you fly too close to the sun you get burned.

Regarding the premium increase, premiums were increasing at 25% a year well before Obamacare.

Tom Joad 11-09-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 336740)
I agree. The Democrats chose Hillary over Bernie, a big mistake that just cost them the election. Can't feel too sorry for them.

There is is.

+1

Dondilion 11-09-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 336713)

Intended or not it is worth a chuckle.

Anyhow her emails FBI nexus, whether justified are not, reinforced the view that she is corrupt.

catswiththum 11-09-2016 07:23 AM

Well, we don't elect Kings or Queens. There are three branches of gov. and the country will not disintegrate.

Breathe, everyone.

tybrad 11-09-2016 07:37 AM

Three branches? Two of them are Republican-controlled now and the third will reflect Repub views shortly. This will be untenable for the next maybe six years. The only saving grace may be that many, many in the Senate and House very much dislike him and they (hopefully) may behave as if Democrats for the needed checks and balances.

Prediction:
Trump is 200% a one-term prez.

merrylander 11-09-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroJunk (Post 336738)

Indeed I am quite sure that the management who shipped all those jobs overseas were Democrats - Not!

catswiththum 11-09-2016 07:50 AM

I am glad the campaign is over.

There is too much work to be done to continue wallowing in a largely media generated hysteria.

The transportation and power infrastructures need massive updating, health care snafus have to be fixed, trade and foreign policy don't sit still for hand wringing.

It's going to take all of us to get it done - there are those who want to keep crying, that's fine, just roll up your sleeves and cry while you work.

Dondilion 11-09-2016 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 336750)
Indeed I am quite sure that the management who shipped all those jobs overseas were Democrats - Not!

Yes!

But Trump made it one of his issues.

He projected that the leaders of both parties were in collusion and pointed to the Bernie rebellion.

barbara 11-09-2016 07:59 AM

Trump was right!
The election was rigged...😉

icenine 11-09-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tybrad (Post 336748)
Three branches? Two of them are Republican-controlled now and the third will reflect Repub views shortly. This will be untenable for the next maybe six years. The only saving grace may be that many, many in the Senate and House very much dislike him and they (hopefully) may behave as if Democrats for the needed checks and balances.

Prediction:
Trump is 200% a one-term prez.

Only Schumer can save us now if no blue dogs capitulate.

donquixote99 11-09-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 336752)

There is too much work to be done to continue wallowing in a largely media generated hysteria.

The transportation and power infrastructures need massive updating, health care snafus have to be fixed, trade and foreign policy don't sit still for hand wringing.

It's going to take all of us to get it done - there are those who want to keep crying, that's fine, just roll up your sleeves and cry while you work.

For another example, there are millions of Hispanics to deport. Boy is that going to take a lot of work. And, 95,000 more government workers to round them up.

Now shut your goddamn pie-holes and get busy! Or you might start looking Hispanic....

MrPots 11-09-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 336752)

Umm, you know from past experience though that republicans will do nothing for any of these issues.

How do you upgrade infrastructure and power grids when you're starving the beast? Who's going to pay? Cutting taxes is only going to cut the chances of improvements. And Republicans don't care about health care unless it's an election year. They've done everything they can to ignore health care. What ever makes you think they will do anything now?

And Trump = good international relations?....LOL!!!!

Boreas 11-09-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icenine (Post 336756)
Only Schumer can save us now if no blue dogs capitulate.

You sound like a Trumpist. No one man can "save us", certainly not a corporate shill.

barbara 11-09-2016 08:59 AM

Well someone out there is happy about a Trump presidency.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...?client=safari

finnbow 11-09-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 336775)
Well someone out there is happy about a Trump presidency.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...?client=safari

Maybe they'll have a celebratory cross-burning on inauguration night.

hillbilly 11-09-2016 09:10 AM

Now that this is over here's the deal. Since the small handful of people on this site have a small few that seem to think Americans made such a bad choice then here's something you need to remember before going outside. Everyone you see, any direction you look from your front door the chances are one neighbor or the other voted for him. No matter how well educated your most beautiful female neighbor is the chances are she may have voted for him too. Can you really walk out your door knowing this and hate everyone because you are surrounded by people that didn't come outside telling the world that they supported him and just went and silently voted for him so they could do so without hearing you call them uneducated? Go read the deplorables, you may see your neighbors picture holding their ballot marked trump. Such beautiful women of all ages ranging 18 to 90's. Yes, even 90's, and yes even in Maryland Rob. Some even had their old past middle aged kids to video them just incase nobody believed Trump had women support in those hard to believe areas. Thanks tv news, thanks for lying to people trying to dictate how they think... you did nothing but pissed off the people by lying, and Clinton drove the final nail by calling his supporters deplorable. You don't call hard working women deplorables..

Boreas 11-09-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 336779)
Now that this is over here's the deal. Since the small handful of people on this site have a small few that seem to think Americans made such a bad choice then here's something you need to remember before going outside. Everyone you see, any direction you look from your front door the chances are one neighbor or the other voted for him. No matter how well educated your most beautiful female neighbor is the chances are she may have voted for him too. Can you really walk out your door knowing this and hate everyone because you are surrounded by people that didn't come outside telling the world that they supported him and just went and silently voted for him so they could do so without hearing you call them uneducated? Go read the deplorables, you may see your neighbors picture holding their ballot marked trump. Such beautiful women of all ages ranging 18 to 90's. Yes, even 90's, and yes even in Maryland Rob. Some even had their old past middle aged kids to video them just incase nobody believed Trump had women support in those hard to believe areas. Thanks tv news, thanks for lying to people trying to dictate how they think... you did nothing but pissed off the people by lying, and Clinton drove the final nail by calling his supporters deplorable. You don't call hard working women deplorables..

I live in California.

barbara 11-09-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 336783)
I live in California.

At least in California we now have recreational marihuana to numb ourselves with for the next four years. 😉

hillbilly 11-09-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 336783)
I live in California.

Very good. Now go outside and be good to your neighbors. I thanked at least 30,000 before FB put on my brakes for posting to fast round the clock. Guess they thought I was a robot. I thanked a many of women from Cali to, men and women both from all races. Legal immigrants were really pissed in the deplorables and wanting that wall. All you gotta do is get on FB and go look

Pio1980 11-09-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catswiththum (Post 336746)
Well, we don't elect Kings or Queens. There are three branches of gov. and the country will not disintegrate.

Breathe, everyone.

No salvation there, all are now in the hands of regressives who will end the Progressive era and pretty much everything that made America good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Boreas 11-09-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 336785)
Very good. Now go outside and be good to your neighbors. I thanked at least 30,000 before FB put on my brakes for posting to fast round the clock. Guess they thought I was a robot. I thanked a many of women from Cali to, men and women both from all races. Legal immigrants were really pissed in the deplorables and wanting that wall. All you gotta do is get on FB and go look

I always am. And I don't feel I need a houseful of guns to make sure they're nice to me. The election of a mobbed up fascist pedophile won't change that.

Pio1980 11-09-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

So, I'm surrounded by gullible folks that can't be bothered to do their own Internet research outside of their echo chamber comfort zone.

MrPots 11-09-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 336784)
At least in California we now have recreational marihuana to numb ourselves with for the next four years. 😉

Yay!!!!!!!

Boreas 11-09-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 336789)
So, I'm surrounded by gullible folks that can't be bothered to do their own Internet research outside of their echo chamber comfort zone.

A lot of the gullibles will eventually wake up. It's the ones who know exactly what they've voted for that worry me.

hillbilly 11-09-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 336788)
I always am. And I don't feel I need a houseful of guns to make sure they're nice to me. The election of a mobbed up fascist pedophile won't change that.

Thank you sir from Tennessee. I'm sure those men and women there that enjoy their guns feel the same way too. I saw some nice guns while scrolling through thanking as many men and women of all ages as I could. We all did our best to thank each other for being Deplorables. And yes, I received thanks for my picture to wearing my trump shirt to the polls where I voted without a hassle of any kind.

Tom Joad 11-09-2016 09:47 AM

I am reveling in this.

Trump's election is a giant "Fuck You" to the corrupt elites than run both major parties. A sleeping giant has been awakened. There's going to be a lot of pain in the short run. But in the long run it's going to be a good thing.

CarlV 11-09-2016 09:48 AM

This election probably doesn't mean much to me personally, our children's future in the toilet in the long term.
No more checks and balances. I am worried about trump, he can't do much on his own outside of escalating blood for oil, GWB has only caused the death of 430,000 in the M.E. Maybe trump can double it.
Real Americans will be losing their right to vote, women, their right to choose, there is nothing to stop a way too far right SCOUTUS appointment and no way to prevent it.
If I had or was going to have a schoolage family, I would leave.

Carl

merrylander 11-09-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Now that this is over here's the deal. Since the small handful of people on this site have a small few that seem to think Americans made such a bad choice then here's something you need to remember before going outside. Everyone you see, any direction you look from your front door the chances are one neighbor or the other voted for him. No matter how well educated your most beautiful female neighbor is the chances are she may have voted for him too. Can you really walk out your door knowing this and hate everyone because you are surrounded by people that didn't come outside telling the world that they supported him and just went and silently voted for him so they could do so without hearing you call them uneducated? Go read the deplorables, you may see your neighbors picture holding their ballot marked trump. Such beautiful women of all ages ranging 18 to 90's. Yes, even 90's, and yes even in Maryland Rob. .

Dave there is only one woman in Maryland, or rather there was only one, whose thoughts I would presume to have known and she would never have dirtied her hands marking a ballot in Trump's favour. She put up with enough adolescents (macho men) in her life before I came along so she knew the type. Maybe the Lord will take pity on us all and cause Trump to grow up.

I still wonder how you expect change when y'all have re-elected 99% of the same obstructionist SOBs that have been taking their fancy salaries for doing absolutely nothing.

But yes I am sure some women here voted for him, we have our share of stupid people.

icenine 11-09-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 336787)
No salvation there, all are now in the hands of regressives who will end the Progressive era and pretty much everything that made America good.

It is one thing to talk about repealing Obama care, another to actually throw millions of Americans out of health coverage. I know it is scary to rely on this,
but I think the realpolitik of political survival will be a nod and a wink from both Ryan and Trump as Schumer repeatedly filibusters the repeal bills.

God willing of course.

CarlV 11-09-2016 09:58 AM

Oh, I forgot what piece of work our new truly facsist VP is. He may be the only thing that keeps trump from assasination attempts. ;)
The thought of him becoming President is much more scary than trump.

Carl