Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Global political discussions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Merkel finally admits no go zones exist (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=12281)

whell 03-01-2018 06:26 PM

Merkel finally admits no go zones exist

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.865d71ba226b

The notion there are places in Germany outsiders — including police — can’t visit has previously been dismissed by officials.

In an interview Monday with German broadcaster n-tv, Merkel said she favors a zero tolerance policy on crime and that includes preventing no-go areas, “that’s areas where nobody dares to go.”

She added: “There are such areas and one has to call them by their name and do something about them.”

The woman and the lying band of idiots that surround her ought to be frog marched out of office and into jail for putting her own citizens at risk in pursuit of some screwed up notion about open borders.

donquixote99 03-01-2018 08:14 PM

Another interpretation is 'Merkel, short on support, seeks more by throwing some red meat to the anti-immigrant faction.'

Pio1980 03-01-2018 08:25 PM

Nothing nationalist or racist here.

finnbow 03-01-2018 08:50 PM

The worst of any of the German no-go zones are probably safer than the safest parts of any US city.

finnbow 03-01-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368661)
The woman and the lying band of idiots that surround her ought to be frog marched out of office and into jail for putting her own citizens at risk in pursuit of some screwed up notion about open borders.

It was Dubya who started that ball rolling, dimwit, with his bogus invasion of Iraq and demolition of whatever order existed in that part of the sandbox.

Dondilion 03-02-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 368667)
Another interpretation is 'Merkel, short on support, seeks more by throwing some red meat to the anti-immigrant faction.'

You mean she has recognized that a significant section of German citizens recognized her folly.

The woman is dumb...she did not even want to put a cap on the inflow. :(

How could someone who has knowledge of Malmo in Sweden subject her citizens to this uncontrolled influx of nearly a million, mainly males and coming from conflict zones?

The German people should thank Victor Orban for reducing the flood.

whell 03-02-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368671)
It was Dubya who started that ball rolling, dimwit, with his bogus invasion of Iraq and demolition of whatever order existed in that part of the sandbox.

Dubya was a supporter of "open borders" in Germany? Forced Merkel's hand to just let in whomever wanted to enter her country? Wow, that's news! :rolleyes:

whell 03-02-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368670)
The worst of any of the German no-go zones are probably safer than the safest parts of any US city.

You're such a tool. :rolleyes:

whell 03-02-2018 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 368667)

That's a pretty interesting interpretation. What you're saying is that is was politically OK before not to talk about German citizens not being safe in their own neighborhoods. Now, with German citizens getting fed up with living in fear, and with her poll numbers dropping as a result, she's forced to talk about reality when she really didn't have to before.

You're also saying that part of the requirement of being in the "pro-immigrant faction" you have to be willing to overlook - in fact purposefully ignore - conditions like this:

In Duisburg, spiraling levels of violent crime perpetrated by migrants from the Middle East and the Balkans have turned parts of the city into de facto "no-go zones" for police, according to a confidential police report that was leaked to Der Spiegel.

The report, produced by NRW police headquarters, warns that the government is losing control over problem neighborhoods and that the ability of police to maintain public order "cannot be guaranteed over the long term.".

Or this:

Police say they are alarmed by the brutality and aggression of the clans, who are said to view crime as leisure activity. If police dare to intervene, hundreds of clan members are mobilized to confront the police. A local woman interviewed by Deutschlandfunk radio said she was afraid for her safety: "After dark I would not stand here because there are a lot of conflicts between foreigners, especially between Lebanese and Turks."

I guess the "pro-immigrant" folks like Merkel and company don't live in these areas, so what do they care. Since they don't live there, they can prioritized political correctness over the safety of their citizens:

Peter Biesenbach of the opposition Christian Democrats (CDU) said: "If this is not a no-go area, then I do not know what is." He has called for an official study to determine the true scope of the criminal clans in NRW.

NRW Interior Minister Ralf Jäger of the Social Democrats (SPD) rejected that request because such a study would be politically incorrect:

"Further data collection is not legally permissible. Both internally and externally, any classification that could be used to depreciate human beings must be avoided. In this respect, the use of the term 'family clan' is forbidden from the police point of view."

Lovely....:rolleyes:

finnbow 03-02-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368677)
You're such a tool. :rolleyes:

What I said is true, however.

Dondilion 03-02-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368679)
That's a pretty interesting interpretation. What you're saying is that is was politically OK before not to talk about German citizens not being safe in their own neighborhoods. Now, with German citizens getting fed up with living in fear, and with her poll numbers dropping as a result, she's forced to talk about reality when she really didn't have to before.

You're also saying that part of the requirement of being in the "pro-immigrant faction" you have to be willing to overlook - in fact purposefully ignore - conditions like this:

In Duisburg, spiraling levels of violent crime perpetrated by migrants from the Middle East and the Balkans have turned parts of the city into de facto "no-go zones" for police, according to a confidential police report that was leaked to Der Spiegel.

The report, produced by NRW police headquarters, warns that the government is losing control over problem neighborhoods and that the ability of police to maintain public order "cannot be guaranteed over the long term.".

Or this:

Police say they are alarmed by the brutality and aggression of the clans, who are said to view crime as leisure activity. If police dare to intervene, hundreds of clan members are mobilized to confront the police. A local woman interviewed by Deutschlandfunk radio said she was afraid for her safety: "After dark I would not stand here because there are a lot of conflicts between foreigners, especially between Lebanese and Turks."

I guess the "pro-immigrant" folks like Merkel and company don't live in these areas, so what do they care. Since they don't live there, they can prioritized political correctness over the safety of their citizens:

Peter Biesenbach of the opposition Christian Democrats (CDU) said: "If this is not a no-go area, then I do not know what is." He has called for an official study to determine the true scope of the criminal clans in NRW.

NRW Interior Minister Ralf Jäger of the Social Democrats (SPD) rejected that request because such a study would be politically incorrect:

"Further data collection is not legally permissible. Both internally and externally, any classification that could be used to depreciate human beings must be avoided. In this respect, the use of the term 'family clan' is forbidden from the police point of view."

Lovely....:rolleyes:

The German media tend to suppress news which are unfavorable to immigrants/refugees.

Severe criticism was heaped on the media after the Cologne sex assaults.

Note the fifth paragraph.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ye...lts_in_Germany

bobabode 03-02-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368676)
Dubya was a supporter of "open borders" in Germany? Forced Merkel's hand to just let in whomever wanted to enter her country? Wow, that's news! :rolleyes:

You know what isn't news, Mike? It's that you've taken on the worst traits of your 'Dear Leader'. The mendaciousness with which you troll this board is hilarious. It's like reading the comments section of Breitbarts or the daily unhinged, Oxy-contin ravings from Rush Limbo.

If you weren't so obviously flailing for all to see whilst spinning on your back, I would feel sorry for you but...

Chicks 03-02-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 368690)
I would feel sorry for you but...

Whell is like the village idiot. He never, ever wins an argument, because his ideas are so laughable, but he persists, hoping beyond hope that someone, somewhere will take him seriously. I’m guessing working in HR does that to you. :p

bobabode 03-02-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 368674)
You mean she has recognized that a significant section of German citizens recognized her folly.

The woman is dumb...she did not even want to put a cap on the inflow. :(

How could someone who has knowledge of Malmo in Sweden subject her citizens to this uncontrolled influx of nearly a million, mainly males and coming from conflict zones?

The German people should thank Victor Orban for reducing the flood.

Victor 'The Hun' Orban should calm down and have himself a nice croissant or three.

finnbow 03-02-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368676)

No, dimwit. His ridiculous Iraq War jump-started Mideast unrest (a Mideast domino theory was the whole point of this NeoCon war, after all). Instead of a wave of Jeffersonian democracy (the misguided objective), we got anarchy and bloodshed, resulting in the refugee crisis.

whell 03-02-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368681)
What I said is true, however.

OH, sure it is. In the safest part of any US city, its commonplace for cops who stop someone for a traffic ticket to be surrounded by an angry mob. Sure. Happens all the time. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you're a tool.

whell 03-02-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 368690)
You know what isn't news, Mike? It's that you've taken on the worst traits of your 'Dear Leader'. The mendaciousness with which you troll this board is hilarious. It's like reading the comments section of Breitbarts or the daily unhinged, Oxy-contin ravings from Rush Limbo.

If you weren't so obviously flailing for all to see whilst spinning on your back, I would feel sorry for you but...

So, yours is a vote for the status quo in Germany. Got it. :rolleyes:

whell 03-02-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368693)
No, dimwit. His ridiculous Iraq War jump-started Mideast unrest (a Mideast domino theory was the whole point of this NeoCon war, after all). Instead of a wave of Jeffersonian democracy (the misguided objective), we got anarchy and bloodshed, resulting in the refugee crisis.

No, butt-wipe. A number of the no go zones in Germany are controlled by Lebanese gangs. Tell me how the Iraq War pushed the Lebanese to Germany. Or is your addled brain actually trying to connect the dots to the Bush's handling of the Israel / Hezbollah conflict? Maybe suggesting that Hezbollah is just a fine buncha guys and Israel should have left Lebanon to their tender mercies?

How's the weather in Toolville today?

finnbow 03-02-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368699)
OH, sure it is. In the safest part of any US city, its commonplace for cops who stop someone for a traffic ticket to be surrounded by an angry mob. Sure. Happens all the time. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you're a tool.

The USA is between 3 and 19 times more dangerous than Germany in all categories of violent crime.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime

Unlike the USA, Germany doesn't have a rash of deadly ambushes of cops like we have had, nor do police gun down criminals like they do here. There is truly no comparison between the levels of lawlessness in Germany and the USA.

According to the Washington Post’s database of fatal police shootings, 990 people were killed in 2015. In Germany, ten people were killed by police last year, according to a report on Thursday by publishing group Funke Mediengruppe, citing figures from the German Police University.

That means that while the population of the US is roughly four times that of Germany, the number of fatal police shootings there is about 100 times greater.

So far this year, 706 people have been killed by police in the US, according to the Washington Post. And by just January 5th of this year, more people had been killed by police in the US than Germany’s total for all of last year.

https://www.thelocal.de/20160922/nea...-10-in-germany

You sound about as ignorant about crime in northern Europe as your fellow Michigander Pete Hoekstra.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...gizes_for.html

bobabode 03-02-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368700)
So, yours is a vote for the status quo in Germany. Got it. :rolleyes:

Didn't realize that being of turncoat Hessian mercenary descent entitled me to vote in Germany's elections. :rolleyes:

finnbow 03-02-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368701)
No, butt-wipe. A number of the no go zones in Germany are controlled by Lebanese gangs...

Per your link in the OP, Merkel and her Interior Minister were unable to identify a single no-go zone in the entire country.

I go to Germany typically every other year since moving back from there ~30 years ago (including just last September) and there is not a single area of any German city I would fear walking through late at night. OTOH, there are multiple such areas in most American cities in which you're taking your life in your hands if you do.

That said, I don't like Germany as much with the Euro, lots of Mideast migrants, and the inevitable consequences of globalization as I did before those changes. However, it is still far, far safer than the United States in every measurable way and enjoys a quality of life and lifestyle that is far superior to the USA in most key areas. Further, I find it reprehensible for American conservatives, erstwhile cheerleaders for the Iraq War (the proximate cause of the European refugee crisis), criticizing the consequences of the refugee crisis they helped create.

As for the Lebanese gangs coming as the result of Merkel's open border policies, you're wrong on all possible counts. "Open borders" resulted from the EU's Schengen Agreement in the mid 1990's and Merkel didn't become Bundeskanzler until 2005. Also, the Lebanese gang members in Berlin "arrived at the end of the 1970s and the 1980s, as refugees from the Lebanese civil war," while Merkel was still a chemist in East Germany and long before "open borders."

I think you learned all you know about Germany from Hogan's Heroes.:rolleyes:

whell 03-02-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368706)
Per your link in the OP, Merkel and her Interior Minister were unable to identify a single no-go zone in the entire country.

Nor would she, schill. She's been in denial on this for years. Do you think her recent "revelation" would now include specific details, which would make her look even more idiotic?

finnbow 03-02-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368720)
Nor would she, schill. She's been in denial on this for years. Do you think her recent "revelation" would now include specific details, which would make her look even more idiotic?

I've already beaten you like a red-headed stepchild. Back for more?

BTW, it would only make her look more idiotic because no-go zones don't exist there.

bobabode 03-02-2018 07:48 PM

The whole country has become a f***ing no-go zone. Where, oh where is an Amerikanisches Stück Scheiße going to find a bier in Das Vaterland... :rolleyes:

"A drunken American tourist has been beaten up in the German city of Dresden after he repeatedly raised his arm to give the Nazi salute, police said.
The 41-year-old man, who was lightly injured in the attack, was being investigated for violating the law against the use of symbols from banned organisations, Dresden police said in a statement."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ute-in-germany

bobabode 03-02-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Speak 'Merican, there's no 'c' in shill. ;)

Chicks 03-02-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368661)
Merkel finally admits no go zones exist

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow
Per your link in the OP, Merkel and her Interior Minister were unable to identify a single no-go zone in the entire country., Merkel and her Interior Minister were unable to identify a single no-go zone in the entire country.

Quote:

Nor would she, schill (sic). She's been in denial on this for years. Do you think her recent "revelation" would now include specific details, which would make her look even more idiotic?

So you just have admitted that your thread is entirely bogus, then. What a moron! :rolleyes:

BlueStreak 03-03-2018 12:19 AM

The no-go zones are where they put their right wing halfwits. They can sit on porch swings and strum their banjos with ear to ear toothless grins.

whell 03-05-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 368732)
So you just have admitted that your thread is entirely bogus, then. What a moron! :rolleyes:

How so, moron? What I just said, since you appear to be comprehension - challenged, is that she let the cat part way out of the bag, showing that she's known about this scenario for a long time. She's likely not going to take the cat all the way out of the bag, since that would make her look even more idiotic that she does now.

If you still don't get it, let me know. I'll draw you a picture with crayons which might help clarify for someone like you. :rolleyes:

Chicks 03-05-2018 09:48 AM

Can always rely on Whell for a hearty morning laugh. :D

You should go work for Devin Nunes, helping him search for “truth”, lol. You’re a joke.

whell 03-06-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368724)
I've already beaten you like a red-headed stepchild. Back for more?

BTW, it would only make her look more idiotic because no-go zones don't exist there.

The only thing you beat like a red-headed stepchild is your middle leg.

Not only do you have an over-inflated sense of self and your impact on others, but you apparently can't understand plain language. Unless what you're saying is that you disagree with Merkel, and first hand accounts of police, that no-go areas do exist. Whatever the reason for her remarks, it was a moment of damning candor.

finnbow 03-06-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368836)
The only thing you beat like a red-headed stepchild is your middle leg.

Not only do you have an over-inflated sense of self and your impact on others, but you apparently can't understand plain language. Unless what you're saying is that you disagree with Merkel, and first hand accounts of police, that no-go areas do exist. Whatever the reason for her remarks, it was a moment of damning candor.

Back for another beat-down, eh? From the article cited in the OP:

Merkel’s spokesman Steffen Seibert told reporters Wednesday that “the chancellor’s words speak for themselves.”

Interior Ministry spokesman Johannes Dimroth likewise declined to identify no-go areas, saying security was a matter for local not federal authorities.

Sounds like Sarah Hillbilly Sanders double-speak to me. The boss says something for political reasons that is not factual and her underlings are compelled to back her up with goobledy-gook nonsense. There is no question that crime has increased with the refugee crisis (from a baseline of almost zero), but the idea that there are places where German police fear to go is BS.

For example, here's a German news video describing the problem in Bad Kreuznach. There's a specific bridge there where refugee youth hang out and argue late at night disturbing neighbors' sleep. When cops show up, the youth sometimes go as far as throwing their ID's on the ground and spitting when asked for their ID's. Hardly a no-go zone as portrayed by wingnuts like you, but indeed rampant criminality by German standards where jaywalking or verbally insulting someone (beleidigung) are civil infractions and rarely seen. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wcpre

You can only wish that metro Detroit was remotely as safe as any big city in Germany. It makes me wonder what your motivation is for posting BS like this. A single politician in a foreign land makes an off-hand and counterfactual comment and you jump on it. Maybe you should focus instead on your Dear Leader's 2,500 lies since becoming President, including the one about all the cheering Muslims in New Jersey on 9/11.

whell 03-06-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368838)
Back for another beat-down, eh? From the article cited in the OP:

Merkel’s spokesman Steffen Seibert told reporters Wednesday that “the chancellor’s words speak for themselves.”

Interior Ministry spokesman Johannes Dimroth likewise declined to identify no-go areas, saying security was a matter for local not federal authorities.

Sounds like Sarah Hillbilly Sanders double-speak to me. The boss says something for political reasons that is not factual and her underlings are compelled to back her up with goobledy-gook nonsense. There is no question that crime has increased with the refugee crisis (from a baseline of almost zero), but the idea that there are places where German police fear to go is BS.

For example, here's a German news video describing the problem in Bad Kreuznach. There's a specific bridge there where refugee youth hang out and argue late at night disturbing neighbors' sleep. When cops show up, the youth sometimes go as far as throwing their ID's on the ground and spitting when asked for their ID's. Hardly a no-go zone as portrayed by wingnuts like you, but indeed rampant criminality by German standards where jaywalking or verbally insulting someone (beleidigung) are civil infractions and rarely seen. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wcpre

You can only wish that metro Detroit was remotely as safe as any big city in Germany. It makes me wonder what your motivation is for posting BS like this. A single politician in a foreign land makes an off-hand and counterfactual comment and you jump on it. Maybe you should focus instead on your Dear Leader's 2,500 lies since becoming President, including the one about all the cheering Muslims in New Jersey on 9/11.

You're turning into a standup comedy act of raging hypocrisy. "a single politician in a foreign land" in this case is "only" the German Chancellor. Your comment makes her sound like some low level bureaucrat.

Also, isn't jumping on every off-hand remark of Trump actually your M.O.? Why, yes. I think it is! :rolleyes:

And why should he retract the claim that there was cheering in New Jersey? It might not have been "thousands" - and Lord knows Trump is prone to exaggeration - but it appears that it did happen.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ome_musli.html

finnbow 03-06-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368843)
You're turning into a standup comedy act of raging hypocrisy. "a single politician in a foreign land" in this case is "only" the German Chancellor. Your comment makes her sound like some low level bureaucrat.

Also, isn't jumping on every off-hand remark of Trump actually your M.O.? Why, yes. I think it is! :rolleyes:

And why should he retract the claim that there was cheering in New Jersey? It might not have been "thousands" - and Lord knows Trump is prone to exaggeration - but it appears that it did happen.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ome_musli.html

From your link:
The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

Just as baseless as Frau Merkel's kinda-sorta assertion that her staff refused to corroborate. The title of your OP is that Frau Merkel admitted that no-go zones existed in Germany. Actually, she admitted nothing of the sort, she asserted it. When challenged by the press about this assertion, she was unable to elaborate upon or support her assertion (as was true of your Dear Leader's NJ assertion). In short, both assertions are gross exaggerations of the facts, to the point of being unsupportable lies intended to galvanize political support.

Pio1980 03-06-2018 11:21 AM

This thread is basically about throwing shade on middle Eastern Muslim refugees for the example of a few bad actors. Just like here with Central American immigration.
Three cheers for white Christian nationalism.

whell 03-07-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 368844)
From your link:
The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

Just as baseless as Frau Merkel's kinda-sorta assertion that her staff refused to corroborate. The title of your OP is that Frau Merkel admitted that no-go zones existed in Germany. Actually, she admitted nothing of the sort, she asserted it. When challenged by the press about this assertion, she was unable to elaborate upon or support her assertion (as was true of your Dear Leader's NJ assertion). In short, both assertions are gross exaggerations of the facts, to the point of being unsupportable lies intended to galvanize political support.

Do your feet hurt? I mean, you're dancing on the head of a pin so after a while it's gotta hurt.

First, to address your admit/assert BS. You reading her mind now? Do you claim to know all that she knows about German internal affairs, such that you can parse her statement as an assertion? You'd have to be inside her head to make the case that you're making above. If you really believe that, you've gone beyond a farcical comedy show. You might actually need a special little padded room.

Also, your BS about my link: I had already stipulated that Trump exaggerated the "thousands" claim. But you then went on to ignore the other facts presented in the article. So, not only might you be ready for a padded room, you've perfected the art of being disingenuous.

Congratulations. :rolleyes:

whell 03-07-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 368847)
This thread is basically about throwing shade on middle Eastern Muslim refugees for the example of a few bad actors. Just like here with Central American immigration.
Three cheers for white Christian nationalism.

Three cheers. Life gave you lemons, and you made BS.

finnbow 03-07-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368865)
Do your feet hurt? I mean, you're dancing on the head of a pin so after a while it's gotta hurt.

First, to address your admit/assert BS. You reading her mind now? Do you claim to know all that she knows about German internal affairs, such that you can parse her statement as an assertion?

No, but I know Germany probably about as well as you know the state of Michigan, having lived there for 11 years and returned there to visit friends and family every two years or so for the past couple of decades. And an assertion on the stump by a politician is not synonymous with an admission of fact by a politician about something undesirable or unsavory. Trump makes hundreds of untrue assertions, but has never been caught once admitting the truth about anything.

Chicks 03-07-2018 07:59 AM

Whell is like his Dear Leader, completely unable / unwilling to admit that he’s wrong. SAD!

Pio1980 03-07-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 368866)
Three cheers. Life gave you lemons, and you made BS.

So, if the point isn't about the dangers of not keeping furriners out to prevent sullying (our) precious culture, what is it?

finnbow 03-07-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 368871)
So, if the point isn't about the dangers of not keeping furriners out too prevent sullying (our) precious culture, what is it?

You can say that again.;)