Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What goes around, comes around. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11893)

Ike Bana 08-14-2017 06:00 PM

What goes around, comes around.

Hey! Bungalow Bill!

Big game hunter trampled to death by elephant.

donquixote99 08-14-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

All that said, in both of the cases above, the hunters were not breaking any laws.
Neither, I think, were the elephants.

finnbow 08-14-2017 06:10 PM

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield.

I'm totally OK and supportive of hunting plentiful African plains game (e.g., antelope, impala), just as I am of deer and elk hunting in the US. However, I'm not big on hunting big, dangerous game (grizzlies, elephants, lions) and see the shooting of such animals as a dick-measuring contest.

Ike Bana 08-14-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 358805)
Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield.

I'm totally OK and supportive of hunting plentiful African plains game (e.g., antelope, impala), just as I am of deer and elk hunting in the US. However, I'm not big on hunting big, dangerous game (grizzlies, elephants, lions) and see the shooting of such animals as a dick-measuring contest.

Just between you and me finn, shooting pheasants on the ground is a dickweed measuring contest.

You know why men can't get mad cow disease?

Because they're pigs.

finnbow 08-14-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Bana (Post 358821)
Just between you and me finn, shooting pheasants on the ground is a dickweed measuring contest.

You know why men can't get mad cow disease?

Because they're pigs.

Shooting any game bird or waterfowl off the ground or water is chickenshit (other than wild turkeys), and in many cases illegal.

nailer 08-14-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 358826)
Shooting any game bird or waterfowl off the ground or water is chickenshit (other than wild turkeys), and in many cases illegal.

Shooting any game, other than one that has a good chance to fight back, is chicken shit.

Pio1980 08-14-2017 07:17 PM

One useful part of the firearms issue is game management. Legal regulate hunting is vital for humane wildlife husbandry as they will overwhelm their survival resources without managed culling.

finnbow 08-14-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 358829)
Shooting any game, other than one that has a good chance to fight back, is chicken shit.

Unless you're one of those vegan numbnuts, your meat comes from somewhere. I'd rather eat good venison than hormone-laden beef. YMMV.

nailer 08-14-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 358833)
Unless you're one of those vegan numbnuts, your meat comes from somewhere. I'd rather eat good venison than hormone-laden beef. YMMV.

That's right genius, meat does indeed come from dead/killed animals.

finnbow 08-14-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 358846)
That's right genius, meat does indeed come from dead/killed animals.

Glad to help you figure that out.:rolleyes: