Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   The Auto industry (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Gm Sucks! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=540)

elwood127 11-06-2009 12:38 AM

Gm Sucks!

I just watched "Who killed the electric car". Discusses the EV-1 and it's death. To summarize, Reagan, Bush, Congress, GM and the Saudis need to be kicked in the balls until the end of time. These douchbags better hope I never get a terminal illness. I won't be going out alone. They set us back decades. On a lighter note, read up on Stanford Ovshinsky. An 84 year old genius that is pretty much responsibe for todays solar and electric car industry.

BlueStreak 11-06-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwood127 (Post 9294)
I just watched "Who killed the electric car". Discusses the EV-1 and it's death. To summarize, Reagan, Bush, Congress, GM and the Saudis need to be kicked in the balls until the end of time. These douchbags better hope I never get a terminal illness. I won't be going out alone. They set us back decades. On a lighter note, read up on Stanford Ovshinsky. An 84 year old genius that is pretty much responsibe for todays solar and electric car industry.

Whoa! Better watch that mister! You know it's not politically correct to blame Ronnie, Bush, Corporations, or the Saudis for anything. No matter how obvious their guilt may be. It's the unions, Al Gore and the queers that are to blame for everything from crop failure to the skidmarks in your skivvies, and don't you EVER forget that!

Now put on you tin-foil helmet and get back in line!

Cordially,
Dave

Grumpy 11-06-2009 05:09 AM

Of course the rest of cali's dems are as innocent and pure as the driven snow...

hillbilly 11-06-2009 06:19 AM

I've been quite happy with our Chevy cars and trucks. If I wasn't, we wouldnt keep 'em long as we have.

Not everyone gives a ratts ass about electric cars and Al Gores flame thrower.

noonereal 11-06-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 9306)

Not everyone gives a ratts ass about electric cars.

wow :(

hillbilly 11-06-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonereal (Post 9307)
wow :(

Wow what? What liberal on this planet earth thinks they can '' force folks '' to buy electric? Nary one of 'em I'll tell ya!

HatchetJack 11-06-2009 06:56 AM

The same geniuses that would kill the idea once they realized that buying
the cars would create jobs for Americans, tax revenue and build wealth
for this country while feeding the "evil" energy companies so we cant have
that, "they dont deserve it".

hillbilly 11-06-2009 07:01 AM

And do you think they wouldn't dick us by raising our electric rates through the roof once everyone has no choice but to rely on electricity for not only their homes .. but to drive too?

Think I'll breed my mares back .. we may need some younger horses one day.

merrylander 11-06-2009 07:34 AM

The EV-1 was a bust, the battery technology at the time was nothing like today's, and even today's technology has a way to go yet. And we own an electric golf cart to get around with. Hydrogen is the way to go but we need the infrastructure.

Saw a documentary on how some wise ass has convinced the Danish government to push all electric cars. His idea is that when the wind power is not available they can tap into all the electric cars. One of the quickest ways to destroy a rechargeable battery is to charge / discharge it when it does not need it.

noonereal 11-06-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 9308)
Wow what? !

I read your post as an overt rejection of moving the nation forward.

It seems to echo a broader philosophy that would keep our nation on the wrong course and accelerate it's demise.

Personally I am not big on electric cars but I do feel it is important to make technological advances and shed the remnants of the industrialists who scared our planet. I read your simple statement as a mindset that supports this old world gluttony for a single class.

If I am wrong in my interpretation of your post, my apologies.