Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Obamacare, real world implications (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9124)

noonereal 05-20-2015 10:40 AM

Obamacare, real world implications

OK, the nut bags and republicans (the few that are left) hate Obamacare. Why? Well Obama is black and it seems when you are healthy your insurance is just fine and no changes are needed.

The Dem's support Obamacare and think it a wonderful step in the right direction. All they know is that now their child is covered a little longer so their kid can stretch out childhood another decade. That's great, just what we need. 28 year old dependents. Good stuff.

Liberals are not as happy because they are wiser, smarter and have a conscience. They realize Obamacare simply restructured business as usual while compelling every single American to participate. What a windfall for the non working, healthcare investor class. Just what this country needed. More wealth for the wealthy.

merrylander 05-20-2015 11:35 AM

That about covers it noon and that is why we stayed with our insurer.

Pio1980 05-20-2015 11:40 AM

Fixing it would interfere with "free enterprise". Health and welfare as a business rather than infrastructure, never mind a right as a citizen to basic health care and safety.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BorisTAnimal 05-20-2015 10:26 PM

No, healthcare is not a right. It is a responsibility for each individual, not big daddy government, My, the Liberals are dense as bricks when it comes to individual liberty.

Pio1980 05-20-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorisTAnimal (Post 271575)
No, healthcare is not a right. It is a responsibility for each individual, not big daddy government, My, the Liberals are dense as bricks when it comes to individual liberty.

In the so-called "greatest country" on earth? We don't take care of our own?
Glad to know a citizen can work their ass off, unable to save anything or afford for-profit health care so they can die penniless in the gutter of an easily curable malady, fleeced by Conservative approved tinkle down economics.

Pio1980 05-20-2015 11:09 PM

I'm ofttimes amazed by the smug idiocy of Conservative rhetoric like this.

Pio1980 05-20-2015 11:11 PM

In a civilized country, basic health care should be the right of every citizen, as well as the means to effectively avail themselves of a fair and equitable justice system that doesn't impoverish the participants as a condition of use, or favor the wealthy with an obvious advantage of a more favorable verdict.

Oerets 05-20-2015 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorisTAnimal (Post 271575)

So just let those who don't have coverage or inadequate get sick and die?

Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all, was not intended for the lucky few who won the healthcare lottery. Life, happiness and health seem to be connected.

Just look and see.

Good health for the citizens helps everyone in the end. Only the self centered selfish with little compassion for others, caring only about the collecting money feel different.

Right now my Sister N Law needs to go to the ER but refuses to go because of the lack of insurance. Self employed and not wanting to out of pocket lays in bed hoping and praying to get better.

Barney

BlueStreak 05-20-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 271576)
In the so-called "greatest country" on earth? We don't take care of our own?
Glad to know a citizen can work their ass off, unable to save anything or afford for-profit health care so they can die penniless in the gutter of an easily curable malady, fleeced by Conservative approved tinkle down economics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pio1980 (Post 271577)
I'm ofttimes amazed by the smug idiocy of Conservative rhetoric like this.

LOL!!!! You're on fire tonight, man.......

Dave

Pio1980 05-21-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 271582)
LOL!!!! You're on fire tonight, man.......

Dave

Not really my style, but this Red State stuff is pretty much rampant around here and my home state, and I seldom get a chance to respond to it. Living in an echo chamber full of this smuggery is a trial, and I joined PC as an outlet for the reaction.