Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Oklahoma City is devestated by a tornado (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=5784)

wgrr 05-20-2013 06:41 PM

Oklahoma City is devestated by a tornado

Pray for the folks in and around Oklahoma City that was struck by a possible E5 tornado with winds possibly reaching over 300 mph. They went through a similar storm in 1999. 2.9 million in property damage. This storm makes 1999 look small.

I guess the Conservative representatives of Oklahoma, that voted against relief for hurricane Sandy victims, are going to tell their constituent's to pull up their bootstraps and rebuild on their own.

I have not found a place to donate money yet, but I should not be too hasty, the same storm is bearing down on me as I type.

bobabode 05-20-2013 07:14 PM

I caught the coverage from the first on NBC. Terrible, terrible stuff. I hope you don't catch anything like what happened to Moore. I saw D Ray & Chas on here a while ago so it looks like they escaped any of this. It's going to be a long and dangerous night out there. Be safe fellas.

barbara 05-20-2013 07:42 PM

Be safe everyone.

Oerets 05-20-2013 07:58 PM

What a terrible terrible tragedy. Can't even watch the news for to long.

Barney

wgrr 05-20-2013 08:01 PM

Looks like I might do OK. No big winds and I don't feel a tornado and I have been through two. Lots of rain and ligtning. I hate to complain about rain, after two years of severe drought, but I have been unable to mow my back yard this year due to the wet ground. It has a privacy fence around it so at least no one can see it.

Just checked the radar The storm is weakening in strength here. I am worried about Little Rock though. Looks like they are going to get hit hard unless things dissapate. Janet is still there taking care of her mother who, on a bright note, is doing fantastic.

So far, here, it is just a run of the mill, normal, heavy thunderstorm.

Anyone in the line of this storm should be prepared to take cover. All my animals and I are in the middle of the house until this blows over. No basements here.

bobabode 05-20-2013 08:09 PM

Just wait until Janet gets home and see's those muddy hoofprints in the house.:D;)
Glad to hear her Mom is doing better.

This one was a terrible thing to watch. I can't imagine what was going through that news chopper pilot's mind as his house was being ground up right before his eyes.

merrylander 05-21-2013 06:50 AM

Be safe all.

piece-itpete 05-21-2013 09:42 AM

Prayers to the unfortunate victims.

Pete

Wasillaguy 05-21-2013 12:57 PM

Since the first post of this thread already went political, I'll just go ahead...

The government should declare schools as "tornado free zones" so this doesn't happen again.

bobabode 05-21-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 158588)
Prayers to the unfortunate victims.

Pete

Prayers of healing to the families and friends of the victims and the emergency personnel who witnessed so much death and destruction.

I caught it from start to finish. Just terrible to watch that monster stovepipe grinding it's way across the landscape and then just barreling through subdivision after subdivision. You could tell it was hitting populated areas when you started seeing huge arc flashes from power lines and transformers exploding. Just terrible.:(