Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Senator McCarthy announces "The swamp is back." (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=13289)

BlueStreak 02-28-2021 07:18 AM

Senator McCarthy announces "The swamp is back."

A Republican't in 2021 complaining about corruption..............

Now, there's a friggin' joke.:rolleyes:

More deflection and projection.

RickeyM 02-28-2021 07:28 AM

McCarthy's California 23rd district. Add that to one of the places I never ever want to live. If there is enough idiots living there to elect this slime I for one don't want to live among them.

Oerets 02-28-2021 09:00 AM

The cult is stronger then ever.
Growing even stronger.

Is this the future?

Seems so.

If they control the house and senate after 2022 it is game over for our Democracy.

Chicks 02-28-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyM (Post 398803)
McCarthy's California 23rd district. Add that to one of the places I never ever want to live. If there is enough idiots living there to elect this slime I for one don't want to live among them.

Yeah, Bakersfield is a bit of a shithole, though it did produce Buck Owens and Merle Haggard in its many honky-tonk bars back in the day. The surrounding mountains in the district, though, are beautiful. The Sequoia National Forest and Tehachapi are destinations for hikers, campers, etc.

BlueStreak 02-28-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 398804)
Growing even stronger.

Is this the future?

Seems so.

If they control the house and senate after 2022 it is game over for our Democracy.

It's hard to believe that the events of 6Jan21 weren't a watershed moment but I believe you may be right. The rightwing propaganda machine have been busy beavers since the 1980s, their garbage spreading like a cancer for a long, long time. We have to bear in mind that it's not just "old white people" anymore. It's the children they've raised and possibly even grandchildren who've been raised on Bullshit Mountain. People who think windmills are useless because 15% of the ones in Texas froze, that everyone who votes Democratic is just a "moocher", that Barack Obama invented racism 10 years ago, that taking down Confederate statues and flags is an attempt to hide history rather than put it in proper context, etc., etc............ as Democrats foolishly dismissed all of it as; "Who would be stupid enough to believe that?"-(BHO).

Well now we know who would believe such nonsense and there's tens, maybe even hundreds of millions of them.

Yes, we're in it for the long haul. Deprogramming half the country is not going to be an easy task, rolled out over a weekend.

RickeyM 02-28-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 398806)
Yeah, Bakersfield is a bit of a shithole, though it did produce Buck Owens and Merle Haggard in its many honky-tonk bars back in the day. The surrounding mountains in the district, though, are beautiful. The Sequoia National Forest and Tehachapi are destinations for hikers, campers, etc.

A nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there?

RickeyM 02-28-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 398804)
Growing even stronger.

Is this the future?

Seems so.

We who aren't part of the cult outnumber them so 2022 isn't written yet.

BlueStreak 02-28-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyM (Post 398809)
We who aren't part of the cult outnumber them so 2022 isn't written yet.

Don't get complacent...... Because, as you said; "....2022 isn't written yet.".

Oerets 02-28-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 398810)
Don't get complacent...... Because, as you said; "....2022 isn't written yet.".

So can be said for the new districts crafted after the 2020 census. Or new voting requirements enacted in anticipation ahead of 2022.

We need to get past any belief in this cult having integrity and a soul.

RickeyM 02-28-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 398811)
So can be said for the new districts crafted after the 2020 census. Or new voting requirements enacted in anticipation ahead of 2022.

We need to get past any belief in this cult having integrity and a soul.

On the first part, ready to put boots on the ground. On the second, already done.