Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can A Biden-Haley Ticket Beat Trump? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=14165)

Chicks 01-30-2024 01:18 PM

Can A Biden-Haley Ticket Beat Trump?

Can A Biden-Haley Ticket Beat Trump? An Unorthodox Option For President As He Falls In 2024 Election Polls
https://www.benzinga.com/amp/content/36852027

I’ve been getting text messages from the Haley campaign recently, though I definitely never gave them my info. I’m guessing Biden’s campaign gave it to them. Very interesting. This could be a winning team. Haley’s not completely nuts, unlike Donny.

BigElCat 01-30-2024 01:47 PM

Interesting proposal.

I'd go for a Biden-Pence ticket, don't know much about Haley.

Dondilion 01-30-2024 02:16 PM

Vivek destroyed Haley. She is never coming back regardless of what party she joins.

Chicks 01-30-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 427604)
Vivek destroyed Haley. She is never coming back regardless of what party she joins.

Only person Vivek destroyed was his idiotic self.

Rajoo 01-30-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 427604)

Other way around. Haley called Vivek a scum to his face during their primary debates and he took it standing up. He is nothing by a Trump toady and his future contribution will be to act as a pit bull for Trump's campaign. He may even take abuse like Christie did in 2016.

RickeyM 01-30-2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigElCat (Post 427603)
Interesting proposal.

I go for a Biden-Pence ticket, don't know much about Haley.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8f1dc64e...3x32o1_500.gif

Oerets 01-30-2024 05:08 PM

Like!!!!

donquixote99 01-30-2024 07:18 PM

Foo. It takes a Trump to make Haley look good. And she has way too good a chance of getting in as President if the ticket with her as Veep wins. Horrible idea.

RickeyM 01-30-2024 07:44 PM

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Haley for VP 2024.

donquixote99 01-30-2024 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyM (Post 427616)
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Haley for VP 2024.

Close? A heartbeat away from the presidency is too close. Make her Secretary of Commerce if you want. That's close enough. She can be the administration's token union-buster.

Look, I understand, the polls have people panicked. But there's been no campaigning yet. The people willing to answer polls right now are not a cross-section. Doesn't mean we should nominate a Republican who opposed both Trump impeachments.

BigElCat 01-30-2024 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyM (Post 427609)

It's not like i said "Kari Lake" (even though she is a fox).

RickeyM 01-31-2024 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigElCat (Post 427618)

http://media.giphy.com/media/rGDHqBXTeudTG/giphy.gif http://media.giphy.com/media/rGDHqBXTeudTG/giphy.gif

Dondilion 01-31-2024 10:44 AM

Panic, panic, panic.

bobabode 02-01-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondilion (Post 427628)
Panic, panic, panic.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

bobabode 02-01-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigElCat (Post 427618)

You meant 'skank', right?

donquixote99 02-03-2024 04:42 PM

Quote:

“If that whole state says we don’t want to be part of America anymore, I mean that’s their decision to make, but I don’t think government needs to tell people how to live, how to do anything. I mean, I think that we need to let freedom live.”
Nikki Haley, quoted endorsing Texas secession in the hopes of getting a few votes from South Carolina Republican primary voters. Not a good fit on the modern Democratic ticket.

bobabode 02-03-2024 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 427602)
Can A Biden-Haley Ticket Beat Trump? An Unorthodox Option For President As He Falls In 2024 Election Polls

I’ve been getting text messages from the Haley campaign recently, though I definitely never gave them my info. I’m guessing Biden’s campaign gave it to them. Very interesting. This could be a winning team. Haley’s not completely nuts, unlike Donny.

Other than shitting on backbone of the Democratic party, African/Americans and Asians too. Great idea...rolls eyes.

Mark B 02-04-2024 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 427602)

While I usually agree with you, this is BS.

Chicks 02-04-2024 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B (Post 427721)
While I usually agree with you, this is BS.

Of course it's BS, but ANYTHING that can keep a destructive traitor out of the White House (and out of the Big House) is worth considering, at least.

Is Kamala Harris going to bring in the needed votes? I sure hope so...

BigElCat 02-04-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 427683)

How dare you !

Lauren Boebert is a skank. I'll try to get some compromising photos of Lauren and myself. Y'all can use those pictures for the cause. If there is a cause.

Better yet, we'll make a movie titled Trailer Park Trampolinas. All I need is trampoline.

Pio1980 02-05-2024 05:14 PM

Quote:

Pox will do.

Rajoo 02-06-2024 07:20 AM

Quote:

Kari Lake’s leaked recording is causing trust issues in the Arizona GOP

Quote:

The Senate candidate was booed by the party faithful after a secret tape forced out the party chair. Republican officials say they assume they are being recorded when speaking with her.

When Kari Lake speaks to the Republican Party faithful, she’s accustomed to cheers and adulation.

But as the Arizona Senate candidate addressed hundreds of the state GOP’s most loyal activists late last month, she was booed so loudly the sound carried through a cavernous megachurch’s auditorium into the lobby.
Her campaign for Senate is now DOA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ake-recording/

BigElCat 02-06-2024 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 427746)
Kari Lake’s leaked recording is causing trust issues in the Arizona GOP

Her campaign for Senate is now DOA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ake-recording/

I can commiserate with her downward spiral.

Is she single yet ?

Maybe I should join Farmers.com

Rajoo 02-08-2024 08:24 PM

Speaking of Nikki Haley, here is what she had to say after losing my current home state of Nevada. Also why I kept getting text messages even after I was sending them to Junk.

Quote:

"This is about the fact that we are going to have a female President of the United States. It will either be me or it will be Kamala Harris. I voted for Trump twice. I was proud to serve in his administration, but chaos follows him. We can’t be a country in disarray in a world on fire and go through four more years of chaos. We won’t survive it," Haley said

She continued, "And he can’t win a general election. That’s a fact. We lost in 2018. We lost in 2020. We lost in 2022. Look at what happened yesterday. He lost his case on immunity, and he’s got a year’s worth of court cases yet. The Republicans couldn’t get a border situation done. They couldn’t impeach Secretary [Alejandro] Mayorkas. They couldn’t pass a pro-Israel bill. The [Republican National Committee] is imploding. All of that has Trump’s fingerprints on it. Everything he touches is chaos, and we continue to lose. How many more times do we have to lose before we realize that is the problem?"
What if Trump selects Haley as his running mate, especially since he is desperate to win not to govern but to make his court cases go away?

Nikki Haley says 'Trump rigged' Nevada, claims it was 'such a scam'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nikki-...says-such-scam

donquixote99 02-08-2024 08:35 PM

HA! Running Trump's play on Trump!

Pio1980 02-08-2024 11:51 PM

So, who could Joe realistically pick as VP running mate to improve his margin against the MagaLardo Mussolini as his prospective successor, should he become unfit?

donquixote99 02-09-2024 12:17 PM

Gavin Newsom

Pio1980 02-09-2024 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 427781)
Gavin Newsom

I was thinking him as one prospect.

Oerets 02-10-2024 05:47 AM

My hope if they have him in the batters box warming up.

That they don't try and run Harris instead.

BigElCat 02-10-2024 09:43 AM

What happened to Mike Pence ?

Was he special renditioned ? Converted to Islam ?

I paid $40 for a Mike Pence 2024 yard sign. Should I keep it in hope that it will worth a bunch of money someday ?

Now he's a Milk Carton Kid.

RickeyM 02-10-2024 11:54 AM

Forever tainted by association with tRump and reviled by the party for not carrying out tRump's wishes that's Mike's lot in life now. You should have waited before you spent money on that sign.

BigElCat 02-10-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickeyM (Post 427797)
Forever tainted by association with tRump and reviled by the party for not carrying out tRump's wishes that's Mike's lot in life now. You should have waited before you spent money on that sign.

He could switch parties, and bring some of the Red State Nat Cs with him.

Rajoo 02-10-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigElCat (Post 427800)
He could switch parties, and bring some of the Red State Nat Cs with him.

Mike Pence will not get even 1% of the vote from either party if he were to run for office anytime soon. No from Democrats for being a shameless Trump toady and no from Republicans for not falling on a sword for his lord and master.

Bet, he could not even get elected mayor of Columbus, IN his birthplace.

Mark B 02-10-2024 05:56 PM

How anyone would think Dems would be better off with 2 white guys on the ticket boggles the mind.

Dropping Harris would cost Biden support from both women & minorites.

BigElCat 02-10-2024 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajoo (Post 427804)
Mike Pence will not get even 1% of the vote from either party if he were to run for office anytime soon. No from Democrats for being a shameless Trump toady and no from Republicans for not falling on a sword for his lord and master.

Bet, he could not even get elected mayor of Columbus, IN his birthplace.

C'mon. How about Director of the Space Force ?

He'd make a good Ambassador to the faux space alien / lizard people.

Attachment 4233

Mike could save us from Reagan's space invasion; we'd believe it with no proof.

RickeyM 02-11-2024 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 427789)
My hope if they have him in the batters box warming up.

That they don't try and run Harris instead.

The Reich-wing idiots, as opposed to ordinary idiots, seem to think the Dems are trying to pave the way for Michelle Obama to "ascend" to the WH. The only thing that frazzles them more than Harris being second in line to the presidency is an Obama (either one) in the WH again.

That being said, hopefully Haley will sour enough Repubs on tRump that they will vote for Biden instead of just staying home on election day.

Oerets 02-11-2024 10:21 AM

I noticed in the questioning at the SCOTUS last week. It was brought up a President running for a third term.

Think of all S**%$ if Barack announced running again if the court decides to allow Trump to be on the ballots.

Both insurrection and a third term are mentioned as disqualification BTW...

BigElCat 02-11-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 427826)
I noticed in the questioning at the SCOTUS last week. It was brought up a President running for a third term.

Think of all S**%$ if Barack announced running again if the court decides to allow Trump to be on the ballots.

Maybe, it would be Barack vs. George W.

They might just put me in, at the last minute.

RickeyM 02-11-2024 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 427826)

I think the limitation is for two consecutive terms. It's almost a shame Barack isn't running. In a debate he'd eat tRump alive.