Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Take THAT Eric Holder! (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3853)

whell 04-09-2012 09:51 AM

Take THAT Eric Holder!

I LOVE this!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Holder-Ballot

Seems like showing ID at a polling place should be a common sense, common practice. Why the Left and the Obama admiistration continue to oppose it should speak volumes.

BlueStreak 04-09-2012 10:05 AM

For some reason all I get is "Error 503-Service unavailable". I'll try later.

CarlV 04-09-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

In a new video provided to Breitbart.com, James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas demonstrates why Holder should stop attacking voter ID laws--by walking into Holder’s voting precinct and showing the world that anyone can obtain Eric Holder’s primary ballot. Literally.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Holder-Ballot
OK, so I ask myself who is this O'Keefe fellow? Wiki sez:

James E. O'Keefe III (born June 28, 1984) is a conservative American activist who has produced audio and video recordings of staged encounters with public figures and workers in a variety of organizations, purportedly showing abusive or illegal behavior by representatives of those organizations. He gained national attention for his release of video recordings of workers at ACORN offices in 2009, his arrest in early 2010 at the office of Senator Mary Landrieu in a failed attempt to record staff conversations, and release of videos of NPR executives in 2011. Investigations by both legal authorities and journalists have found O'Keefe has "selectively", "heavily" or "deceptively" edited secretly recorded videos to leave a false impression and present the subjects in the worst possible light.

:rolleyes:

That was 3 minutes I will never get back.

Carl

BlueStreak 04-09-2012 10:45 AM

I see O'Keefe is at it again.

Yawn.............................I need to cut the grass.

Dave

BlueStreak 04-09-2012 11:18 AM

As an aside;

One of my cousins and several of his friends, Democrats all, went and voted in the Republican primary in Warren, Ohio. Not only were they not asked for ID, they weren't even asked for their party affiliation.

In at least one state that I know of, we have a Republican Governor stripping elected local officials of their duties altogether. (I can't help but wonder if THAT'S legal/constitutional?)

So, spare me this, "Look who has no respect for democracy!" crap. There's plenty to go around.

whell 04-09-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 97357)
As an aside;

One of my cousins and several of his friends, Democrats all, went and voted in the Republican primary in Warren, Ohio. Not only were they not asked for ID, they weren't even asked for their party affiliation.

In at least one state that I know of, we have a Republican Governor stripping elected local officials of their duties altogether. (I can't help but wonder if THAT'S legal/constitutional?)

So, spare me this, "Look who has no respect for democracy!" crap. There's plenty to go around.

Ohio has a "semi - open" primary where you can ask for whatever party ballot you wish. The parties make their own rules for their primaries. Primary elections are party/political functions, not state functions.

Not sure what the "at least one state you know of" scenario is.

Still, it is always great to see a stupid political position get poked in the eye - especially when that stupid political position (no ID required to vote) is taken for the purposes of creating mischief.

BlueStreak 04-09-2012 12:02 PM

Okay. It's your story, you tell it.

And, I think you do know what I'm talking about.

whell 04-09-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 97369)
Okay. It's your story, you tell it.

And, I think you do know what I'm talking about.

You not referring to the Detroit, MI scenario, are you? You're characterizing THAT as a governor "stripping elected local officials" of their duties? If that's the case, LOL!

My opinion, and I'm not alone, its that bunch SHOULD HAVE HAD THEIR POWERS STRIPPED years ago, but the constitution doesn't allow it. The state does have the power under law to go through a lengthy process to determine whether or not a municipality is in financial dire - straights enough for the state to intervene, and it has a number of options if it does intervene.

The State law COMPELS the governor to act in these cases. So, your characterization is just a bit dramatic. In this case, the city and the state reached a consent agreement which allows the city to have access to state taxpayer money that the state doesn't have to help bail the city out.

When we talk about getting rid of bail outs and "too big to fail" interventions, I'm in favor of throwing cities into the hopper. Particularly cities like Detroit where finances have been mismanaged for years, accompanied by criminal abuses of office and looting of the city treasury for personal gain.

Now, back to this thread's main topic: Eric Holder - Bonehead General.

d-ray657 04-09-2012 03:55 PM

Enough with all of the voter fraud BS. The real reason the right wants voter ID laws is to disenfranchise as many on the lower rungs of the economic ladder as possible.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 04-09-2012 04:23 PM

Not Detroit, Benton Harbor. Agreed, the place is a mess and the aforementioned elected officials are losers. No argument there. And, the "emergency manager" has been there for a while, I have no issue with that. The line was crossed with changes made to the law, (By Gov. Snyder) allowing him to suspend voting and summarily strip elected officials of any authority. To my mind this constitutes dictatorship. The people have a right to choose their leaders. If said leaders are idiots, so be it until the next election rolls around, or the people petition for a recall. It shouldn't be up to Jenny Granholm or Rick Snyder to pick and choose who they want to be mayor of wherever.

But, I can see, in the current political climate, this sort of thing going national. And that's a genie that needs to stay in the bottle, IMHO. (Regardless of which party has the state/federal majorities or WH.)

Dave