Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Religion & Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   It's official, Fox declares Santa is white. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6576)

noonereal 12-12-2013 06:45 PM

It's official, Fox declares Santa is white.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...193322244.html

As was Jesus.

It's hard to believe folks say things like this.

donquixote99 12-12-2013 07:24 PM

Oy.

As long as the subject is human coloration, I think we need to know: is Megyn a blond? Really, is that what she is, you know what I'm saying?

Dondilion 12-12-2013 07:33 PM

Santa is definitely white.

Jesus in the Middle East at that time could be brown/black, that is Semitic/Ethiopian.

MikeG22 12-12-2013 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I dunno I'm kind of digging black Santa :D

Charles 12-12-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 183336)
Oy.

As long as the subject is human coloration, I think we need to know: is Megyn a blond? Really, is that what she is, you know what I'm saying?

Who cares?

I like wimmen who are soft spoken ( although I do have a preference for burnettes). As far as that goes, I don't have a hell of a lot of use for men who aren't soft spoken either.

Reckon I don't like loud mouths, even if they got good tits.

The meek shall inherit the earth. For no more reason that you don't corner a wolf because he appears timid. They only run from you because they figure it's a waste of time and energy to fight you...when they really don't have to.

Chas

Zeke 12-12-2013 09:10 PM

Any man living 2k years ago born in present day Israel was likely anything BUT white.

Is anyone actually debating this?

Charles 12-12-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 183357)
Any man living 2k years ago born in present day Israel was likely anything BUT white.

Is anyone actually debating this?

If you want to get right down to the nut cutting...shall we debate the self proclaimed assertion that he was the son of god?

I won't pass judgment...never met the man and all I know about him I read in the funny pages.

Gotta go, best of wishes to ya'll.

BTW, if any one has all of the answers, please send me a PM. I'll keep it confidential.

Hell, I'll even pay you good money...just don't send me any bullshit talking points.

Chas

donquixote99 12-13-2013 06:42 AM

Plenty of religion threads exist and will exist. Let's keep this one about ascribing racial identity.

People instinctively like their god and demigod figures to look like them. Note how huge the brown-skinned Virgin of Guadalupe became in Mexican culture. That image met a lot of needs.

Racial demographics are changing in the US, and this argument about the skin-tone of Santa Claus is symbolically an argument over who's going to be dominant, going forward.

donquixote99 12-13-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 183353)
Who cares?

I like wimmen who are soft spoken ( although I do have a preference for burnettes). As far as that goes, I don't have a hell of a lot of use for men who aren't soft spoken either.

Reckon I don't like loud mouths, even if they got good tits.

The meek shall inherit the earth. For no more reason that you don't corner a wolf because he appears timid. They only run from you because they figure it's a waste of time and energy to fight you...when they really don't have to.

Chas

Thanks for sharing.

Jung would have a field day with the archetype eruptions in your message.

BlueStreak 12-13-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 183336)
Oy.

In other word; Does the carpet match the drapes?

I think I'm going to contact Fox and demand to know this.
She should show the whole world this Sunday at primetime.

Dave