Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Social Security and Medicare (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11183)

finnbow 11-22-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339576)
You are wrong on both counts.

Number one: Trump is not a Neo-Nazi...

That remains to be seen. He sure did run as a proto-fascist and selected another as his closest advisor.

merrylander 11-23-2016 12:45 PM

I hope they realize what that would do to the economy - it would make the 2008 recession look like a church picnic.

bobabode 11-24-2016 10:35 PM

"WASHINGTON — Donald J. Trump once declared that campaigning for “substantial” changes to Medicare would be a political death wish.
But with Election Day behind them, emboldened House Republicans say they will move forward on a years-old effort to shift Medicare away from its open-ended commitment to pay for medical services and toward a fixed government contribution for each beneficiary.
The idea rarely came up during Mr. Trump’s march toward the White House, but a battle over the future of Medicare could roil Washington during his first year in office, whether he wants it or not."

"For nearly six years, Speaker Paul D. Ryan has championed the new approach, denounced by Democrats as “voucherizing” Medicare. Representative Tom Price of Georgia, the House Budget Committee chairman and a leading candidate to be Mr. Trump’s secretary of health and human services, has also embraced the idea, known as premium support." NY Times

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

CarlV 11-24-2016 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339576)
Number two: I'm just providing a little objectivity to counter the anti-Trump hysteria that has taken over this forum.

FYI, you need to work on it a bit my friend. There is certainly no objectivity and you really do come across as a shill and nothing else.

Carl

Tom Joad 11-25-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 339809)
"WASHINGTON — Donald J. Trump once declared that campaigning for “substantial” changes to Medicare would be a political death wish.
But with Election Day behind them, emboldened House Republicans say they will move forward on a years-old effort to shift Medicare away from its open-ended commitment to pay for medical services and toward a fixed government contribution for each beneficiary.
The idea rarely came up during Mr. Trump’s march toward the White House, but a battle over the future of Medicare could roil Washington during his first year in office, whether he wants it or not."

"For nearly six years, Speaker Paul D. Ryan has championed the new approach, denounced by Democrats as “voucherizing” Medicare. Representative Tom Price of Georgia, the House Budget Committee chairman and a leading candidate to be Mr. Trump’s secretary of health and human services, has also embraced the idea, known as premium support." NY Times

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

I don't care what "Republicans in congress" say or think.

They didn't win this election, Trump did.

Without their help as most of them did not support him.

To think that now they are going to get Carte Blanc to do whatever they want and he will rubber stamp it is naive as Hell.

finnbow 11-25-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339882)

To think that now they are going to get Carte Blanc to do whatever they want and he will rubber stamp it is naive as Hell.

Your comments assumes Trump has an ideology and really gives a shit about governance. His presidential run was never about that. From day one, it was about his brand and his ego. We'll have to see what the neo-fascist behind the curtain who's pulling Trump's strings (Bannon) has in store. BTW, Trump was walked back almost all of his campaign promises already. Why should SS and Medicare be the only things he doesn't renege on?

Boreas 11-25-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339882)

As much as he'd like to be and as much as you'd like him to be, Trump will not be King of America. With the Republicans in control of both houses of Congress, Trump will need their cooperation in order to govern. If they want to scrap Medicare and privatize Social Security, and they do, Trump will happily go along.

Tom Joad 11-25-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 339891)
As much as he'd like to be and as much as you'd like him to be, Trump will not be King of America. With the Republicans in control of both houses of Congress, Trump will need their cooperation in order to govern. If they want to scrap Medicare and privatize Social Security, and they do, Trump will happily go along.

We'll see.

If Trump turns out to be a working class Hero, I win.

If he turns out to be a scam artist, the Hillarybots lose. ;)

Heads I win. Tails they lose. ;)

donquixote99 11-25-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339893)
We'll see.

If Trump turns out to be a working class Hero, I win.

If he turns out to be a scam artist, the Hillarybots lose. ;)

Heads I win. Tails they lose. ;)

You know.

I know you know. And you know that too.

All this shit is just your way to try to cope.

Boreas 11-25-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 339894)
You know.

I know you know. And you know that too.

All this shit is just your way to try to cope.

Cognitive dissonance, just like everyone that supports Trump..... or so I'd like to believe but I know too well that there are many out there who like what he stands for just fine.