Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Social Security and Medicare (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11183)

Tom Joad 11-25-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 339894)
You know.

I know you know. And you know that too.

All this shit is just your way to try to cope.

It is.

As far as politics goes, the world ended the day I realized that Hillary Clinton was going to be nominated and not Bernie.

Everything else since then has been my way of saying "Fuck it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RJH7GdvjP0

finnbow 11-25-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339893)
We'll see.

If Trump turns out to be a working class Hero, I win.

If he turns out to be a scam artist, the Hillarybots lose. ;)

Heads I win. Tails they lose. ;)

What do you mean "if?" Dude's a grifter from the word "go." I guess you're just a bit slow on the uptake. Hell, he still has 75 lawsuits against him in America's courts.

BlueStreak 11-25-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Joad (Post 339576)
You are wrong on both counts.

Number one: Trump is not a Neo-Nazi.

Number two: I'm just providing a little objectivity to counter the anti-Trump hysteria that has taken over this forum.

What you're seeing here IS objectivity. We all want the country to succeed. But, there is a price to pay for this so-called "Greatness" that some seem to seek. Historically, leaders who bellow the loudest about greatness and extoll the virtues of nationalistic and patriotic fervor turn out to be a nightmare and ultimately bring nothing but shame.

The cause for concern is not unfounded.

Go ahead, tell me you don't know this is true.

Tom Joad 11-25-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 339898)
What do you mean "if?" Dude's a grifter from the word "go." I guess you're just a bit slow on the uptake. Hell, he still has 75 lawsuits against him in America's courts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 339899)
What you're seeing here IS objectivity. We all want the country to succeed. But, there is a price to pay for this so-called "Greatness" that some seem to seek. Historically, leaders who bellow the loudest about greatness and extoll the virtues of nationalistic and patriotic fervor turn out to be a nightmare and ultimately bring nothing but shame.

The cause for concern is not unfounded.

Go ahead, tell me you don't know this is true.

Don has helped me see the light.

Now that I understand myself better, things are going to be a lot easier from now on

Fuck it.

whell 11-26-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 339580)
That remains to be seen. He sure did run as a proto-fascist and selected another as his closest advisor.

Good Lord. I thought we dispatched that "proto-fascist" talk track in another thread. I'll give you this much, Finn: you're obviously a fan of recycling, and you're obviously a fan of William James, who famously said: "There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it."

finnbow 11-26-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 339928)
Good Lord. I thought we dispatched that "proto-fascist" talk track in another thread. I'll give you this much, Finn: you're obviously a fan of recycling, and you're obviously a fan of William James, who famously said: "There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it."

I understand your unwillingness and inability to grasp that you voted for such a dangerous cretin.

whell 11-26-2016 10:07 AM

Social Security and Medicare are one of the largest pyramid schemes of all time. They didn't start out that way. But that's what they've become as they've been blown by Washington political winds over the years. The pyramid will begin to crumble during Trump's administration, according the latest annual report of the Social Security Board of Trustees:

"The Trustees project that the combined OASDI Trust Funds will continue growing through 2019 as total annual income exceeds total annual costs. Beginning in 2020, however, they project the OASDI annual cost will exceed total income, so the trust fund reserves will be drawn down until they are depleted in 2034—the same year as estimated last year. After trust fund reserve depletion, continuing income is sufficient to pay 79 percent of program cost, declining to 74 percent for 2090."

The attitude of "it ain't broke, so don't fix it" regarding SSA always strikes me as shamelessly self serving, since by 2034 most of us might not be around to argue about it any more. But my kids sure will, and I'll be damned if I'm going to live in well and then stick my kids with the bill. This financial albatross needs to get fixed, and soon.

whell 11-26-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 339930)
I understand your unwillingness and inability to grasp that you voted for such a dangerous cretin.

Still waiting for you - for several days now - to provide one self-sourced example to support your claim that Pence and Trump are "mainstreaming" neo-Nazi-ism. But I'll be patient.

finnbow 11-26-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 339932)
Still waiting for you - for several days now - to provide one self-sourced example to support your claim that Pence and Trump are "mainstreaming" neo-Nazi-ism. But I'll be patient.

There are hundreds of examples nationwide that you are obviously intentionally blind to. If you're truly interested, find them yourself. For starters, however, I'll give you Richard Spencer and his merry band of neo-Nazis who met to celebrate Trump's victory in the Ronald Reagan building, a Federal building on Pennsylvania avenue a couple of blocks from the White House. Then spend a few days on Breitbart.com to better understand the political philosophy of Trump's foremost political advisor, Steve Bannon (whose first choice of puppet to install (with Russia's help) and manipulate as President was Sarah Palin). Trump was his second choice who he described as a "blunt instrument" to implement his white-nationalist agenda.

I understand your desire to ignore these things in favor of believing that Trump is indeed the only guy who can fix the country (itself symptomatic of fascism). If you find staying ignorant to be blissful, knock yourself out. The Germans were also blissful about Hitler for almost a decade ... until they weren't.

whell 11-26-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 339935)
There are hundreds of examples nationwide that you are obviously intentionally blind to. If you're truly interested, find them yourself.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and copy/pasting and just said "I don't know", or "I don't have any quotes that support my statement".