Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Conspiracy theory corner (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   All US cellphones to get "government" chip? (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=2646)

whoaru99 05-21-2011 02:05 AM

All US cellphones to get "government" chip?

First I heard about it the other day.

Apparently it's government-mandated chip in cellphones, some already have it, by which the goverment can overide other communication channels to send you a text message. Appears there are a few different levels of messages that you can block or opt out of, except the "Presidential Alert" messages from the top.

Wonder what else the special chip might do? Probably nothing they can't already do, just makes it easier to do it, what ever "it" is. :eek:

merrylander 05-21-2011 06:45 AM

Not owning a cellphone I guess they won't be sending me any messages.:D

whoaru99 05-21-2011 09:44 AM

Ahhhh, yes. The ultimate opt out...for now, until the mandate comes down that everyone must have a cellphone so they can receive the Presidential Alerts. ;)

I wonder if it will come in the form of a DTV converter box-like program?

finnbow 05-21-2011 09:53 AM

For better or worse, I think this comes as a result of very few people listening to radio anymore and nearly everyone having a cell phone. I understand the arguments on both sides as to whether this is a good idea. FWIW, in our new digital age I've nearly discarded the notion of privacy anymore.

BlueStreak 05-21-2011 10:06 AM

It's a mind control device. Al Gore whispering in your ear as you talk on the phone. Next thing you know, you'll be wearing Birkenstocks, eating organically grown produce and driving a Prius, rainbow sticker on the bumper and all.

The end is nigh.

Dave

merrylander 05-21-2011 10:20 AM

They can mandate all they want, I refuse to turn the damn thing on and radiate my brain.

whoaru99 05-21-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 63700)
For better or worse, I think this comes as a result of very few people listening to radio anymore and nearly everyone having a cell phone. I understand the arguments on both sides as to whether this is a good idea. FWIW, in our new digital age I've nearly discarded the notion of privacy anymore.

Heard some guy talking on the radio, not sure who it was, that this allegedly stems from 9/11 when communication by cell phone was essentially log-jammed in some areas. This chip apparently, allows some form of override/shutdown, so that these text messages can get through...or something like that.

whoaru99 05-21-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 63701)
... Next thing you know, you'll be wearing Birkenstocks, eating organically grown produce and driving a Prius...

Oh crap...I just stumbled upon what seems to be a good deal on a Mercedes AMG CL55, a gas-guzzling 500hp supercar. :confused:

finnbow 05-21-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoaru99 (Post 63708)
Heard some guy talking on the radio, not sure who it was, that this allegedly stems from 9/11 when communication by cell phone was essentially log-jammed in some areas. This chip apparently, allows some form of override/shutdown, so that these text messages can get through...or something like that.

Yep. I heard the same.

BlueStreak 05-21-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoaru99 (Post 63709)
Oh crap...I just stumbled upon what seems to be a good deal on a Mercedes AMG CL55, a gas-guzzling 500hp supercar. :confused:

Yes, but you want the Prius....the Prius is good....(Stay focused on the swinging watch)....Prius, Prius, Prius..................

Dave:p