Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Question about guns (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=11275)

barbara 12-21-2016 08:08 PM

Question about guns

What are the laws about guns in California?

Specifically..... Can you carry a gun on you in public?
Do you need a special license or something?
I've heard of concealed weapons and understand the concept but does that mean some laws allow you to carry an unconcealed weapon? Can you tell me more about concealed and unconcealed?

Thanks for your help.

bobabode 12-21-2016 08:13 PM

Here ya go. https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...df/cfl2016.pdf

barbara 12-21-2016 08:29 PM

Thank you, Bob.

I was at a public meeting a while back and someone had a loaded handgun. It was cause for concern.

MrPots 12-22-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 342576)
Thank you, Bob.

I was at a public meeting a while back and someone had a loaded handgun. It was cause for concern.

I understand. You see someone so paranoid that they feel a need to carry a deadly weapon around with them and it does make you fear for your own safety. You never know when one of those pinheads is gonna snap. When they are going to imagine their life is at risk and start shooting. It could be something as simple as a child looking at them the wrong way.

barbara 12-22-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 342606)
I understand. You see someone so paranoid that they feel a need to carry a deadly weapon around with them and it does make you fear for your own safety. You never know when one of those pinheads is gonna snap. When they are going to imagine their life is at risk and start shooting. It could be something as simple as a child looking at them the wrong way.

Right..... This particular person has a quick temper. However, that shouldn't be cause to deny responsible gun owners their rights.

He used the restroom and left the gun there. It was loaded. Fortunately, the person who found it knew how to handle the situation.

Rajoo 12-22-2016 09:54 AM

But how else are we to stop a bad guy with a gun without arming the good guys?
Problem of course is how to recognize the good guys. ;)

MrPots 12-22-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 342614)
Right..... This particular person has a quick temper. However, that shouldn't be cause to deny responsible gun owners their rights.

He used the restroom and left the gun there. It was loaded. Fortunately, the person who found it knew how to handle the situation.

And then we have those who regard weapons as toys to be left around when done playing with them.

barbara 12-22-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPots (Post 342627)
And then we have those who regard weapons as toys to be left around when done playing with them.

Right..... What if a child had found the gun and, out of curiosity, picked it up and pulled the trigger!

JCricket 12-22-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara (Post 342614)

I would think, by what I read and unless he faLLS UNDER AN EXCEPTION OF THE LAW, THAT HE BROKE SEVERAL LAWS AND (dang caps lock) would be in serious trouble if turned in. By exception, being a law enforcement individual or similar. I would think leaving a loaded firearm unattended in a public place would constitute some form of a misdemeanor as well.

barbara 12-22-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCricket (Post 342639)
I would think, by what I read and unless he faLLS UNDER AN EXCEPTION OF THE LAW, THAT HE BROKE SEVERAL LAWS AND (dang caps lock) would be in serious trouble if turned in. By exception, being a law enforcement individual or similar. I would think leaving a loaded firearm unattended in a public place would constitute some form of a misdemeanor as well.

After reading the information Bob linked, I think he may have broken a law too.