Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tim Geithner: The White House Asked Me to Mislead the Public (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7490)

Rajoo 05-13-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 218117)
Because he's allowed to.

This guy on AK comes off like a good Samaritan of sorts.
If so, I expect self control based on self respect, not by policing. Just an IMO.
I did express a desire to ban -5, but looking back, that was selfish of me

Tom Joad 05-13-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 218060)
The "don't feed the troll" routine on this forum has gone beyond the point of being lame. In this case, the content of a book published by a former Obama cabinet member is being treated as information that is not subject to / open to discussion? Really?

If the overwhelming majority of ones threads are troll threads, the occasional ones that have some merit, and I am by no means implying that this one fits that category, are also going to be regarded as troll threads.

Fair or unfair, that's the way life is.

It's the same principle as the one in the story about the little boy who cried wolf.

mezz 05-13-2014 02:09 PM

Bitter Obama clingers.

bobabode 05-13-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezz (Post 218129)
Bitter Obama clingers.

Yeh, so what? How did your prediction turn out on Nov. '12? :rolleyes: Your boys Romney and Lyin' Ryan got their butts waxed. That's democracy for you. Don't like it, move to Somalia. :cool:

Rajoo 05-13-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezz (Post 218129)
Bitter Obama clingers.

WOW. Who wrote that for you? :rolleyes:

whell 05-13-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 218062)
That's bullshit Mike. It's free speech. Dan made his bed now he gets to lie in it.

Whatever. But one post gets 4 "troll" responses, and the post is regarding a legit subject - statements in a forthcoming book by a former cabinet member? I'd say that the "turnabout is fair play" thing is getting way overdone.

d-ray657 05-13-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whell (Post 218060)
The "don't feed the troll" routine on this forum has gone beyond the point of being lame. In this case, the content of a book published by a former Obama cabinet member is being treated as information that is not subject to / open to discussion? Really?

I suggest that folks really start taking a look at what they want this forum to be. If you simply want a forum where opinions not shared by the majority are unwelcome, and topics that might not flatter the current Admin are not treated as legitimate discussion material, then maybe it's time to change the name of the forum.

Me? I'm fine with it either way, but the "don't feed the troll" responses are starting to look like tools used by a few to stifle legitimate discourse.

And Zeke, your contributions to this thread speak volumes about you. 'Nuf said.

We agree a little bit. I believe that the "Don't feed the troll" posts are counter-productive. Worthless posts deserve no response. Even if the occasional post by this individual might be relevant, his posting history has - for a number of reasons - resulted in my use of the ignore feature. Because of the enormous number of worthless posts, I have determined that for my purposes, I will not bother trying to pick the flea shit out of the pepper.

Regards,

D-Ray

Ike Bana 05-13-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBS... (Post 218101)
IMHO, this site started to go to to shit when all the none AK'ers joined, long before 13 joined this site. It's nothing more then romper room now. :confused:

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

PS - I'm a relatively long time AK member, if not a heavy user, under a different user name. So...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjWIvJfpNI

PS - you talk about AK members like they're the fucking 12 apostles or some such shit. There are as many dickheads on AK as I've run into anywhere else. And considerably more tweaker nerds than anywhere else.

You spell worse than 5 below. You got the dyslexia too?

Ike Bana 05-13-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 218117)
Because he's allowed to.

I'm curious Zeke, if you were boss, would he be allowed to?

Ike Bana 05-13-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 218120)
This guy on AK comes off like a good Samaritan of sorts.
If so, I expect self control based on self respect, not by policing. Just an IMO.
I did express a desire to ban -5, but looking back, that was selfish of me

I don't think it's selfish to want to be rid of somebody who's only purpose is to disrupt a forum. Not selfish in the slightest.