Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ohio Secedes (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=9551)

bobabode 08-31-2015 08:41 PM

Ohio Secedes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...395_story.html

"President Obama’s conservative critics have long said there is no depth to which he will not sink in his zeal to trash the Constitution. Now, apparently, they also think there is no height to which he will not climb in that same effort.
Dana Milbank writes about political theater in the nation’s capital. He joined the Post as a political reporter in 2000.
Obama went to the very top this weekend – to 20,320 feet to be exact – and stripped North America’s highest peak of its official name of the last century, Mt. McKinley, returning it to what Alaskans had called it for centuries: Denali, or Great One."

"At the conservative outlet Breitbart.com, Ben Shapiro asked, “Why did Obama choose to change the name now? Presumably because Obama has now solved all the world’s problems, and decided against his second choice, Mt. Trayvon.” Shapiro said a “more serious” explanation was that Obama “opposes the legacy of President McKinley,” which includes the Spanish-American war and annexing various territories. Asked Shapiro: “[W]hen will President Obama change the name of the American Southwest to Aztlan?” The deeper one wandered into the conservative blogosphere and twitterverse, the uglier the messages became – about Obama’s anti-American views, his Muslim practices and his urge to defecate on his predecessors." WaPo

Thanks Obama ;)

finnbow 08-31-2015 08:48 PM

I haven't heard it referred to as Mt. McKinley in decades. In the 3 times I went to Alaska for nearly a month apiece, I never once heard anyone refer to it as Mt. McKinley. It fun to watch Ohio Republicans get all twisted about it though. Well played, Mr. President.

Rex E. 08-31-2015 09:21 PM

"The GOP pause in the midst of re-naming everything in the lower 48 after Ronald Reagan to protest the re-naming of McKinley back to the name it had for centuries.
"Great insult to Ohio. I will change back" says Trump, who is SUDDENLY concerned about insulting people!
One conservative columnist complained that the mountain is being named after a truck.
Because Trump isn't the only idiot."

bobabode 08-31-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex E. (Post 283492)
"The GOP pause in the midst of re-naming everything in the lower 48 after Ronald Reagan to protest the re-naming of McKinley back to the name it had for centuries.
"Great insult to Ohio. I will change back" says Trump, who is SUDDENLY concerned about insulting people!
One conservative columnist complained that the mountain is being named after a truck.
Because Trump isn't the only idiot."

Too funny! :D

Boreas 08-31-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 283475)
"At the conservative outlet Breitbart.com, Ben Shapiro asked, “Why did Obama choose to change the name now? Presumably because Obama has now solved all the world’s problems, and decided against his second choice, Mt. Trayvon.”

Now, why on earth would Obama rename it Mt. Trayvon?

Oh!! Right!

These people are so unhinged by the reality of a competent and, despite constant obstruction, successful black president that they canpt contain their racist hatred.

Tom Joad 08-31-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 283476)
It fun to watch Ohio Republicans get all twisted about it though. Well played, Mr. President.

You're right.

It is amusing.

They are as obsessed with their hatred of Obama as you are with yours for Hillary. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVuz2yf2GxA

Rajoo 08-31-2015 10:55 PM

Great move by the President restoring the historical name. Now how about a repeat performance changing the name from Reagan Airport back to National Airport. Better yet take a vote in DC (where there is taxation without representation) and let them decide for themselves and we know what the outcome will be. There will be riots in the House and Senate at the very least. :D

bobabode 08-31-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeamOn (Post 283512)
Great move by the President restoring the historical name. Now how about a repeat performance changing the name from Reagan Airport back to National Airport. Better yet take a vote in DC (where there is taxation without representation) and let them decide for themselves and we know what the outcome will be. There will be riots in the House and Senate at the very least. :D

Sounds good to me. ;)

BlueStreak 08-31-2015 11:14 PM

Want to watch their heads explode?

Change the name of that airport in D.C. to "Angela Davis International".

That'll do it.

bobabode 08-31-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 283515)
Want to watch their heads explode?

Change the name of that airport in D.C. to "Angela Davis International".

That'll do it.

:D or Jane Fonda. International :D

Naw, I like yours better.