Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Global political discussions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What Kind of Gun Should I Get My Wife (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3590)

d-ray657 02-08-2012 10:26 PM

What Kind of Gun Should I Get My Wife

Even George Will has acknowledged that Obama has neutralized a traditional GOP strength - defense and national security. I guess taking out OBL kind of puts the kibosh on Newt's description of Obama's "Kenyan anti-colonialism."

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow 02-08-2012 11:03 PM

The only real strength that the GOP has in the national security arena is their ability to piss away money to benefit their military/industrial complex enablers/benefactors, while satisfying the nation's appetite for kicking somebody's ass. Amazingly, almost to a man, the most hawkish of all Republicans are chicken-hawks who never served in the military themselves. If they had, they may be less willing to throw away so many young mens' lives chasing their world domination fantasies.

djv8ga 02-08-2012 11:47 PM

They should name a Drone after him. :cool:
He has been very successful. I gave him props for all the kills a year ago & was ripped by Rightys & Leftys. :rolleyes: It's one area where I tip my hat to the man.
Also, I feel Panetta deserves a ton of credit for doing an excellent job and for just being a stand-up guy. The Dems should run him against the Prez.

BlueStreak 02-09-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 89131)
The only real strength that the GOP has in the national security arena is their ability to piss away money to benefit their military/industrial complex enablers/benefactors, while satisfying the nation's appetite for kicking somebody's ass. Amazingly, almost to a man, the most hawkish of all Republicans are chicken-hawks who never served in the military themselves. If they had, they may be less willing to throw away so many young mens' lives chasing their world domination fantasies.

+1.

Dave

BlueStreak 02-09-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djv8ga (Post 89134)
They should name a Drone after him. :cool:
He has been very successful. I gave him props for all the kills a year ago & was ripped by Rightys & Leftys. :rolleyes: It's one area where I tip my hat to the man.
Also, I feel Panetta deserves a ton of credit for doing an excellent job and for just being a stand-up guy. The Dems should run him against the Prez.

Uh........+1..:confused:

Dave

merrylander 02-09-2012 07:33 AM

About time they challenged this half assed BS, name me a Republican President, apart from Lincoln, who ever won a war? All the big ones were under Democratic Presidents. When Time published my letter to that effect no one challenged it.

I guess old George has his lucid moments occasionally.

piece-itpete 02-09-2012 10:33 AM

Bush :p

So we got Osama on Obama's watch. OK, that's great for sure. What else has he done to deserve a rep for National Security?

And as far as chickenhawks, Obama is one too.

Pete

Big_Bill 02-09-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 89152)
About time they challenged this half assed BS, name me a Republican President, apart from Lincoln, who ever won a war? All the big ones were under Democratic Presidents. When Time published my letter to that effect no one challenged it.

I guess old George has his lucid moments occasionally.

I didn't know that JFK, and LBJ were republicans ??

Bill

Bigerik 02-09-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 89196)

Bill

Didnt know JFK lost a war. His major challenge was the Cuban missile crisis, and he did ok there. Bay of Pigs was a mess on the other hand, but that wasn't an American war either.

d-ray657 02-09-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Bill (Post 89196)

Bill

The question was to name a Republican who won a war. How is that responsive? :confused:

Regards,

D-Ray