Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Economy (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The deficit is going down (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3774)

Oerets 03-21-2012 09:18 AM

Once again the GOP shows the rest of U.S. their tax plan, Take from the poor to give to the rich!

For them to show their hand this strong in a Presidential year ether shows how strong they feel or to motivate the base to turnout. The fear I have is if the Republican party wins control over all four branches of government the power grab that will happen.

Barney

Wasillaguy 03-21-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wgrr (Post 94793)
Bwahahah, That is priceless.:D

I agree, made my day, tears of joy.
cial-is is inside every social-ist. BWAH HAH HAH!

I am a bit concerned that Oreo doesn't become a bad word. They are about the only packaged cookie that's worth a shit IMHO. I stick mine on a fork and submerge in milk until all bubbles stop. Guarantees full saturation of the cookie exterior prior to consumption.

Charles 03-21-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oerets (Post 94859)
Once again the GOP shows the rest of U.S. their tax plan, Take from the poor to give to the rich!

For them to show their hand this strong in a Presidential year ether shows how strong they feel or to motivate the base to turnout. The fear I have is if the Republican party wins control over all four branches of government the power grab that will happen.

Barney

I got news for ya buddy, the Republicans are figuring on taking over all FIVE branches of the government!!!

Chas

piece-itpete 03-21-2012 11:40 AM

What are the 5 branches Chas?

The funniest slang I ever heard referencing black folks was from an old Italian lady I knew years ago. She would say in a whisper, 'the darker ones' :)

Pete

Oerets 03-21-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 94868)
I got news for ya buddy, the Republicans are figuring on taking over all FIVE branches of the government!!!

Chas

The four I was talking about are the three branches of government Legislative, Executive, Judicial and adding the fourth is sometimes used to refer to either the media (the "fourth estate"), or lobbyists and special interest groups. I was referring to lobbyists in my last post.

So if you wanted to separate those two then five could be used also.

Barney

piece-itpete 03-21-2012 12:39 PM

Decreased gov't spending (forced by the evil Reps) + increased tax receipts = Obama is great :D

Pete

d-ray657 03-21-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 94881)
Decreased gov't spending (forced by the evil Reps) + increased tax receipts = Obama is great :D

Pete

Or a stimulus plan that kept the economy from going completely into the tank and government receipts shrinking more than the amount of the stimulus.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak 03-21-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-ray657 (Post 94882)
Or a stimulus plan that kept the economy from going completely into the tank and government receipts shrinking more than the amount of the stimulus.

Regards,

D-Ray

That's more like it.

Dave

bhunter 03-21-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wgrr (Post 94808)
I got it of a comments post somewhere. It is on the OMB's website. I made sure it was real.

Found the link. http://bobcesca.com/blog-archives/20...t-deficit.html

You do realize that that graph is not a true picture of the deficit. It was, in effect, sculpted to put forth a political position by its input data. One can come up with all sorts of of different scenarios by changing hypothetical input parameters. Even given that graph, consider what happens beyond 2017 under current Obama policy. I wonder what they're using as a yearly economic growth factor in their model?

BlueStreak 03-21-2012 03:47 PM

Here's the parameters I put forth;

I see homes selling again. I know people who have changed jobs in under a month. I know people, even in Ohio, who were unemployed long term who have all gone back to work. All of my investments, both 401ks and the Roth IRA are up.

The rest is all just someone trying to paint either a rosy, or a dire picture to serve some sort of political end.

I also know that if it's still crappy in California, then that's Californias problem. Not mine.

That's my data.

Dave