Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Global political discussions (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Watching as Iraq burns. (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=3403)

Bigerik 12-23-2011 08:22 AM

Watching as Iraq burns.

Interesting to watch the news and see what is going on in Iraq since the troop withdrawal. Getting ugly there. What a shock.

Glad we brought freedom and democracy to them. Attaboy, Shrub!

BlueStreak 12-23-2011 08:30 AM

Screw Iraq.

neophyte 12-23-2011 08:49 AM

The war mongers that run this country may as well have undertaken an undeclared war on the earth's crust, and tried to put an end to tectonic plate shifts as try to alter the course of this sectarian madness. It was always a fools errand, and we managed to fill those shoes yet again.

piece-itpete 12-23-2011 08:52 AM

Arabs are incapable of running their own country? Isn't that kinda racist?

And it wasn't our favorite shrub that failed to secure a troop presence there.

Hopefully this is a temporary problem. The Iraqis were getting used to a little bit of personal freedom.

Pete

merrylander 12-23-2011 08:55 AM

Santayana had summat to say about folks ignoring history. There are only two ways to achieve a democracy, first you need to want it and then you have to create it. No one can hand it to you on a plate.

merrylander 12-23-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 83666)
Arabs are incapable of running their own country? Isn't that kinda racist?

And it wasn't our favorite shrub that failed to secure a troop presence there.

Hopefully this is a temporary problem. The Iraqis were getting used to a little bit of personal freedom.

Pete

So how is the weather up there in the clouds Pete.:D

piece-itpete 12-23-2011 09:22 AM

It's kinda crappy today, cold and rainy :D

Pete

merrylander 12-23-2011 11:04 AM

I don't know, when two peoples who claim to follow the same prophet have violently disagree with each other to the point of murder, and have done so since 700AD I really do not hold out much hope for them. About the only thing they do agree on is killing off Christians and Jews.

Four times members of that sect have harassed my wife so I really have no use for any of them. For people who claim they respect their women and that is why they cover them up so much, the picture of them dragging a half naked woman through the square in Cairo did not look too respectful to me. Nor was the rape of the woman journalist high on the list of respectful behaviour.

Wasillaguy 12-23-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 83665)
The war mongers that run this country may as well have undertaken an undeclared war on the earth's crust, and tried to put an end to tectonic plate shifts as try to alter the course of this sectarian madness. It was always a fools errand, and we managed to fill those shoes yet again.

Or trying to stop natural oscillations in the planet's weather, would be another good analogy.

JJIII 12-23-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrylander (Post 83685)
I don't know, when two peoples who claim to follow the same prophet have violently disagree with each other to the point of murder, and have done so since 700AD I really do not hold out much hope for them. About the only thing they do agree on is killing off Christians and Jews.

Four times members of that sect have harassed my wife so I really have no use for any of them. For people who claim they respect their women and that is why they cover them up so much, the picture of them dragging a half naked woman through the square in Cairo did not look too respectful to me. Nor was the rape of the woman journalist high on the list of respectful behaviour.

I'm with you 100% here!